Scope Zoom

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
glue
Born on Board

CRATER CREATOR Response Thread on Scope Zoom Inquiry: "Before you go down that route, make sure you know what the engine already provides with F7 and F8; they may already suit your purposes."
I was searching if Aleph One has any customized scripts for a rifle scope zoom and came across the above. I have a non-numerical keypad: am I missing this F7 and F8 feature? Are there any scripts customized for a scope zoom? Are there any conversions that feature scope examples? Thanks.
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

What is a "non-numerical keypad"? I'm referring to the function keys which are along the top of a standard keyboard.
If your keyboard lacks these keys, let us know and hopefully I or someone else can help you re-assign the functions to a key you do have.
glue
Born on Board

I should have said an Apple Extended Keyboard: I have the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard without the additional numerical keypad etc. This abbreviated Bluetooth Keyboard has ended working with Blender as I relied on the additions - keys seem to act differently.

The only top function key that seems to work with the Bluetooth Keyboard is F6 which puts the Marine in the foreground; nothing else seems to activate. It looks like this is not a configure keys option but hardwired into engine.

I will get out an Extended and see write back soon. Thanks!
FlawedIntellect
Born on Board

glue wrote:I should have said an Apple Extended Keyboard: I have the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard without the additional numerical keypad etc. This abbreviated Bluetooth Keyboard has ended working with Blender as I relied on the additions - keys seem to act differently.

The only top function key that seems to work with the Bluetooth Keyboard is F6 which puts the Marine in the foreground; nothing else seems to activate. It looks like this is not a configure keys option but hardwired into engine.

I will get out an Extended and see write back soon. Thanks!
You can actually disable the function keys for their "default" uses in the preferences, allowing you to use the game's uses for the function keys. That's what I've done.
glue
Born on Board

That did it! I can see how the function key zoom-in could be used with a scope matte. This possibly could be scripted.
Enzan
Born on Board

glue
Born on Board

Tried that fn key on lower left corner with function prefs on and off: not getting anything with that key.
President People
Mjolnir Mark IV

glue wrote:Tried that fn key on lower left corner with function prefs on and off: not getting anything with that key.
You have to hold it down as you press a function key, as you would the Shift or Command keys.
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!