Eternal X 1.2

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Re: Eternal X 1.2

Post Jun 13th '18, 06:06

thanks steve

touched this up a bit but the bump map still needs work
Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 11.22.28 PM.jpg

forgot to take 'before' pics but updated these as well
Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 11.23.35 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 11.22.52 PM.jpg

Pfhorrest
California

Post Jun 14th '18, 06:25

I cannot for the life of my figure out why this bump map still doesn't look right in-game
Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 11.43.48 PM.jpg

This updated texture has it even worse
Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 11.44.14 PM.jpg

I may just make both of those textures completely flat in the center. The logo portions and a thin border around them are already supposed to be mostly flat-ish, but somehow that's not working out right.

Also updated this one
Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 11.44.36 PM.jpg

I think I'll shrink the center hexagon to more closely resemble the texture it's replacing and differentiate it from last night's light more.

I forgot to take 'before' pics again.

Pfhorrest
California

Post Jun 15th '18, 05:06

Did what I planned above with these textures tonight:
Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 10.24.00 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 10.24.21 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 10.24.29 PM.jpg

And with that the normal portion of the S'pht textures is done. Next week or two will be special S'pht textures (switches and media and stuff) and then Alpha 4.

With any luck I might finally, finally have a chance to look at the stuff that Lia and Aaron have been contributing tomorrow night, unless a personal emergency I'm semi-expecting spoils that opportunity.

Pfhorrest
California

Post Jun 15th '18, 18:54

With any luck I might finally, finally have a chance to look at the stuff that Lia and Aaron have been contributing tomorrow night, unless a personal emergency I'm semi-expecting spoils that opportunity.

I might actually be able to finally figure out the pull request process properly sometime tonight, so that seems like perfect timing!

New textures look great as always.
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Fool's Gold · Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge

The Man
Sarasota, FL

Post Jun 16th '18, 03:15

So I intended to submit a PR properly, but I’m tired and fairly emotionally drained after this week (I’ll recount why if you’re interested at some point, but not tonight; it’s not really relevant here anyway). I uploaded my current (I think) version of the map merge folder to Zippyshare in case Pfhorrest wants to play my versions. If you need confirmation on which files have been updated, but not submitted as pull requests, I’ll look at them for certain tomorrow. I don’t… think Lia or anyone else has worked on these since my last changes, but I can’t be 100% sure on that, so I’d hold off on overwriting everything for certain. I’m certain all my versions of the physics models are at least as recent and quite likely more recent than the latest PRs (I definitely changed the physics of the first three Lh’owon levels to fix the guided S’pht’Kr bolts), and the same goes for my versions of the maps for “Third Rock from Lh’owon” and “Flight of Icarus”. I probably also worked on “Pfhor får lamm” since my last successful PR. I can’t recall if I submitted anything else that didn’t get worked into the current map merge yet, but if I did, it probably wasn’t important. I might’ve started on “The Incredible Hulk”, but I don’t recall doing so, and I doubt I’d have gotten very far.

I won’t be offended if people adjust the texturing/shading/polygon heights of the section I added to “Third Rock”, BTW; I’m not satisfied with the texturing/shading anyway, as I haven’t really learned how to use Eternal’s textures properly. The bump maps in particular just keep throwing me off; I feel like I’m hallucinating every time I try to evaluate the map lighting. I’m sure I’ll get used to them eventually.

https://www102.zippyshare.com/v/4ZOdeqSf/file.html

Pfhorrest, you may wish to talk to Dr Sumner about playtesting 1.2 on TC. I think he’d be a much better judge than the rest of us about whether the levels are fair, since he’s probably at least one of the ten best Marathon players on the planet, and he mentioned getting fed up with “Deep into the Grotto” and quitting (he seems to have had few problems with the first four chapters, though).
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Fool's Gold · Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge

The Man
Sarasota, FL

Previous

Return to Projects