Weapon Enhanced Textures

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Oct 29th '06, 16:40

for the magnum, i think its like this... IPB Image

sorry for beign too sketchy, i drawed it fast
Last edited by oteito on Oct 29th '06, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
LOL

oteito
somewhere in the heavens

Post Nov 1st '06, 20:15

Your second trigger guard is off and the shell ejection port is too low, and I know my scope is too far to the side...I looked at the sprite. I plan on keeping the Marathon weapons...the Marathon weapons, I'm just gonna add little details and things. Nice drawing though. [MUp]
Last edited by LegacyTyphoon on Nov 1st '06, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Nov 2nd '06, 01:30

I think grey's pistole sketch is more physicaly correct to how a real pistole mechanism is built

btw, I like your MG illustration, (also without the cowling)
shongshong.vze.com (main site)
[Flickr page] (subdivision of renderings)
Marathon Squadron

shongshong
right here

Post Nov 2nd '06, 18:06

shongshong wrote:I think grey's pistole sketch is more physicaly correct to how a real pistole mechanism is built

btw, I like your MG illustration, (also without the cowling)

I got a better finalized version of the AR coming up.
The Pf'hak - Read it.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Nov 2nd '06, 23:21

oh yah, I was going to say the AR looks like a browning automatic without the cowling
Marathon Squadron

shongshong
right here

Post Nov 3rd '06, 00:44

IPB Image
The Pf'hak - Read it.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Nov 3rd '06, 02:35

heya! sweat-er!

the only thing I think you should re-design is the barrel/muzle area of the gun. Im not shure I like the 'Bren' styled muzle for the tip, seems a tad too old-school
Marathon Squadron

shongshong
right here

Post Nov 4th '06, 00:24

IPB Image

IPB Image

SPNKR needs some work...
Last edited by LegacyTyphoon on Nov 4th '06, 00:24, edited 1 time in total.
The Pf'hak - Read it.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Nov 4th '06, 07:51

lol, spnkr looks a little wrong... :D
Samus

Post Nov 10th '06, 01:29

IPB Image
SMG progress
The Pf'hak - Read it.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Nov 20th '06, 03:08

How the f*** do you get 3D into marathon, I tried and I failed. I have no idea what the mml commands do or what they are used for let alone the file type required. I use Wings3D, when I convert to .obj, nothing is converted, it is an empty file wtf? Also, how do I make a texture map? I cant import any thing to UVX (if thats the right tool?) because I cant convert to .obj...

What apps do I need?
Last edited by Samus on Nov 20th '06, 03:12, edited 1 time in total.
Samus

Post Nov 20th '06, 09:25

I too tried, semi-failed and gave up, but if you wish to try with more success:

"Other 3D-file formats are possible (3D Studio Max Object: "3ds" to "3ds max" or "3dsmax" QuickDraw 3D / Quesa 3D Metafile: "qd3d" or "3dmf" or "quesa" Brian Barnes Dim3 animated model: "dim3)"

Via http://www.xs4all.nl/~jemmet/spnkrghol/3D-...on3Dstatic.html

Just change the "type=" to whatever file type your dealing with in the sample mml file that was put in your other thread. Make proper directories to your files and put in Aleph Folder.

As for 3D app, try http://www.codenautics.com/meshwork/

I don't want to highjack this one.
Last edited by Zott on Nov 20th '06, 09:29, edited 1 time in total.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Nov 20th '06, 19:10

I'm not atually putting 3D models into Marathon...since they don't really work right now.
I'm just making hi-res models and then using scripting to replace the original weapon textures. Like the TTEP does...

EDIT:
I wonder...would it be possible to make the gun's actually eject shells when they fire...obviously I'd have to modify the shapes and physics files...but shells that actually appeared in-game might be kinda cool if they disappeared after a while (so as not to go over the projectile limits...)
Last edited by LegacyTyphoon on Nov 20th '06, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
The Pf'hak - Read it.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Nov 21st '06, 02:16

Hmm That sounds like a cool idea. The one way I can possibly see that happening is if you could create a lua script that produces a "bullet casing" monster every shot. The casing would react like the Ball and bounce to the ground and finally come to a rest, but much much smaller than the ball with less of a bounce.

As for making them disappear, I'm not sure, though you can have them die like the compiler and disappear, though getting them to die is tricky. Lua again?

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Nov 21st '06, 02:40

Make the shell a projectile that bounces with little speed and explodes, its explosion is simply it dissapearing in a sequence
Samus

Post Nov 21st '06, 11:44

It smells like iron here

goran

Post Nov 21st '06, 13:00

goran wrote:It smells like iron here

And so it does.
Mordekai

Post Nov 21st '06, 14:20

Seems kind of dumb that there's no primary_trigger(player) and secondary_trigger(player) callbacks in Lua!

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Nov 21st '06, 18:25

Well, I was hoping I could actually do this without using LUA or MML...but I checked and it looks like like you can't assign more than one projectile per attack in Anvil...I'm too used to Fear (Basically Anvil for Myth II...) where you can assign a limitless (well...almost limitless...) number of projectiles to one attack by making groups...eg: You group together the fusion shot, the flamethrower blast, and the pfhor shot together into a collection then assign it as an attack...its a rather powerful system that I wish Bungie had thought of earlier. [MTongue]
Last edited by LegacyTyphoon on Nov 21st '06, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.
The Pf'hak - Read it.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Dec 19th '06, 09:50

Oh so this is the "official" retexturing/remodeling topic? Well, IPB is a lot easier for me so I guess I'll stay here in this thread if you dont mind, Grayswandir [MTongue] Gotta love the smileys.
Im not sure how this whole thing's going to work out really... There arent that many sprites in Moo to remodel. Judging by the name of your topic you were first aiming at improving weapon sprites? If so, may I take care of ammo sprites/models/textures? I'm still not sure if ammo should be 2D or 3D though... Im more on the 3D side myself.
Here's what I posted on the other forum:

Pistol ammo box, Rifle ammo box, SMG ammo box and a comparison sheet of almost all sprites HiQ vs LoQ

Ammo boxes dont have that many surfaces/vertices - they can easily replace 2D sprites in-game. I'm working on a low-poly version of the napalm canisters. Ready "when its done" [MGrin] Low-poly grenades also coming soon.
Marathon's old, yet the youngest fan still has the next 80 or so years to play it...

Tek
Auckland, New Zealand

Post Dec 19th '06, 12:44

Very nice, sharp, clean, real.
My only thought is about a 'government owned arms manufacturing machine' or supermarket consumables with big letters and big logos.
But a logo hunt is fun with people.
Last edited by Sam Lowry on Dec 19th '06, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.
shawn(at)fsu: My nephew wants to start doing game modding ...
hux: If he likes Halo, try modding for Marathon, the older Bungie fps game.
interkin3tic: Noooo!!! I did that in high school and look where I am now: SLASHDOT!!!
W: it's long and obnoxious, i like it

Sam Lowry
Adelaide Australia

Post Dec 19th '06, 20:11

I like the Marathon logo on the end of the shotgun shell.

Nice touch [spnkr]
Locke

Post Dec 20th '06, 06:07

I really like the crispness of the 3D counterparts when compared to the original Marathon sprites. The shine on the gernades also looks very clean.

My only criticism is that the Box layout of colors doesn't quite match the layout of colors on the Original 3D boxes. Also, it might be perspective, but the base (white part) of the 3D ammo looks smaller than the top part, while this looks vice versa on the Marathon sprites

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Dec 20th '06, 14:08

My only thought is about a 'government owned arms manufacturing machine' or supermarket consumables with big letters and big logos.
Hm don't quite get ya there.. if you mean things like 'Wallmart dicounted item!" - I had that idea but then thought the other Marathon fans would criticize it too much...
I like the Marathon logo on the end of the shotgun shell.

heh thanks. Thought it would be a nice addition ^_^
My only criticism is that the Box layout of colors doesn't quite match the layout of colors on the Original 3D boxes. Also, it might be perspective, but the base (white part) of the 3D ammo looks smaller than the top part, while this looks vice versa on the Marathon sprites

Well the colours were picked from original sprites you see... Please keep in mind that Miffy's pallette is limited and you cant see as much shading. Yes, the pistol ammo box is darker, yet make it any brighter and you wont notice the shine. If we'll end up using models instead of sprites in the end sure, I can change the colour =) And about the base.. if I make it the same size as the top, ammo will look like a simple box. I just added a bit of detail. Sure I can turn it into a simple box (that will take around 2 minutes) yet the box will look boring as it doesnt have anything in it that makes it interesting, Miffy's maps are plain enough [MSmile]
Last edited by Tek on Dec 20th '06, 14:12, edited 1 time in total.
Marathon's old, yet the youngest fan still has the next 80 or so years to play it...

Tek
Auckland, New Zealand

Post Dec 20th '06, 23:52

I didn't mean I wanted it as a box, I just thought that the white base would look better as wider than the top part, not like a mushroom design. [MSmile]

I do like how the ammo cases are slightly opened at the top.

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

PreviousNext

Return to Projects