Weapon Enhanced Textures

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Dec 21st '06, 00:34

those models look so cool
LOL

oteito
somewhere in the heavens

Post Dec 21st '06, 01:27

i don't know if the engine would support this, but you know how marathon flips some of the sprites from left handed to right handed (mirror image) to cut down on repetitive corpses and scenery? Would it be possible to have two or three views of the ammo boxes so that the engine could grab em at random to create the effect that not all the ammo is neatly arranged in a grid by some meticulous ai?

screamingfool

Post Dec 21st '06, 03:32

screamingfool wrote:i don't know if the engine would support this, but you know how marathon flips some of the sprites from left handed to right handed (mirror image) to cut down on repetitive corpses and scenery? Would it be possible to have two or three views of the ammo boxes so that the engine could grab em at random to create the effect that not all the ammo is neatly arranged in a grid by some meticulous ai?

Thats really easy to do. However I'd like to use models in-game instead of sprites as we've lived with those long enough. Just wondering if there's anyone who could help me with that?
Marathon's old, yet the youngest fan still has the next 80 or so years to play it...

Tek
Auckland, New Zealand

Post Dec 21st '06, 03:40

I'm pro-sprite. got to make a sig badge for that

Switch
NYC

Post Dec 21st '06, 08:13

!!! HOT TIP !!! Placed scenery has only one direction to face, be it 3D or not. Enter the wonderworld of Chisel 2.1.6, more precize: Face Objects 1.0.1. With this rather easy to use plugin for Chisel, one can change the horizontal rotation of any scenery, so for utterly awesomeness (and moderation in file/load-space) you can rotate the same scenery in a map, instead of creating loads of the same scenery things with different rotations.

Noticed this on Jemmet's spnkrghol site. Could be an easy solution to rotate models bit by bit to make them look more chaotic. I forgot I have Basilisk.. forgot how to use it too. SHould get a hang of it in the next.. 10 minutes [MTongue]
Marathon's old, yet the youngest fan still has the next 80 or so years to play it...

Tek
Auckland, New Zealand

Post Apr 21st '07, 18:04

Tek wrote:Low-poly grenades also coming soon.

When do you expect to release this excellent package?
Tomgun

Post Apr 22nd '07, 05:38

Mine will be released when I actually learn how to use my 3D animator better and when I actually feel like making more models...I can't speak for the other person.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.

LegacyTyphoon

Previous

Return to Projects