traxus overhaul

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Sep 17th '11, 19:00

I am trying to clean up our poor neglected wiki to be a bit more professional. I've added a set of templates for units, but there wasn't much information to fill them in with. We've had scenario templates for some time, but again lack a lot of detail. I hope to add some templates for weapons soon, too. Any help in filling in the gaps would be greatly appreciated.
ChristTrekker

Post Jul 18th '12, 14:30

What happened to Traxus?
ChristTrekker

Post Jul 18th '12, 17:19

ChristTrekker wrote:What happened to Traxus?

It went rampant.

ukimalefu

Post Jul 19th '12, 00:21

ChristTrekker wrote:What happened to Traxus?

good question. i checked that uploading a fresh document (traxus.bungie.org/test.txt) still works, and also going to traxus.bungie.org/index.php still causes a redirect through what must be still-operating mediawiki software. i'll send claude an email tomorrow morning right now i guess; no one on here is going to know anything useful.
Last edited by thermoplyae on Jul 19th '12, 00:26, edited 1 time in total.
dude, seriously. dude.

thermoplyae

Post Jul 19th '12, 02:16

Just so other readers aren't (more) in the dark, the currently nonworking link is http://traxus.bungie.org/index.php/Main_Page

Crater Creator

Post Jul 19th '12, 15:53

it's back now.

the perceived culprit was a PHP upgrade, which stripped out a variety of redundant functions in the core PHP library, which in turn is probably a great thing for the language but is terrible for backwards compatibility. we tried upgrading the mediawiki software to see if that would fix it, but it didn't (hence only 'perceived' above), so instead the original software is now running on a different server with an older version of PHP installed.

that's that for now.
dude, seriously. dude.

thermoplyae

Post Jul 26th '12, 14:07

Thanks, guys. It looks like it's not saving edits though, just spinning forever. Took several minutes, but it finally saved.
Last edited by ChristTrekker on Jul 26th '12, 14:36, edited 1 time in total.
ChristTrekker

Post Aug 9th '12, 14:06

Got this error when uploading.
Code: Select all
Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /usr/home/traxus/public_html/includes/specials/SpecialUpload.php on line 1462

Then it spun and spun. When it finally returned the page, there was this error.
Code: Select all
Could not rename file "/var/tmp/phpGpHdkB" to "public/e/ee/Squarish_Sans_CT.png".
Ideas?
ChristTrekker

Post Aug 14th '12, 21:16

/index.php?title=-&action=raw&gen=js&useskin=traxus

Yikes...can anyone fix this?
ChristTrekker

Post Aug 16th '12, 15:39

ChristTrekker wrote:/index.php?title=-&action=raw&gen=js&useskin=traxus

Yikes...can anyone fix this?

fix what exactly
dude, seriously. dude.

thermoplyae

Post Aug 16th '12, 17:56

thermoplyae wrote:fix what exactly

The skin is inserting a ton of spam links into every page. (Well, apparently not the Main Page, but click Random a couple times and look at the page source, at the bottom.) I don't know how the skin got hacked like that.
ChristTrekker

Return to Projects