Eternal X Omega weapons

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Dec 2nd '11, 02:52

So, to the best of my knowledge (CryoS, if you're out there, please correct me if I'm wrong), CryoS has finished modelling all the weapons which Eternal X Omega has been waiting on. In fact, he finished modelling them all a long time ago. What things have been waiting on is getting them all rendered out into frames suitable for importing into Marathon, and then getting those all imported, both into the Shapes file and then marked up in MML for OpenGL.

I am wondering if there are any kind souls out there with the requisite software and an understanding of what kind of output Marathon needs, who can take the models off CryoS's hands and at least just get all the right frames rendered, so I can at least try my hand at getting them all imported. Help with getting them imported properly would also be appreciated, as my few attempts at it have all had inexplicable performance problems, but I can at least attempt that part myself and work out the bugs later, if I just have the frames to work with.

Any volunteers?

Attached are incomplete renders of the weapons for a sample of what we're talking about here (incomplete both in that some of these aren't of the finished scenes, e.g. bad lighting, and that most of them aren't the right kind of renders and don't have all the postproduction work, e.g. fancier muzzle flashes, done on them):
[attachment=5283:fire4.png]
[attachment=5284:Fire2.png]
[attachment=5285:Fire2.jpg]
[attachment=5286:Fire1.bmp]
[attachment=5287:Fire1.jpg]
[attachment=5288:Firing2.bmp]
[attachment=5290:Fire2.jpg]
Attachments
Fire2.jpg
Fire2.jpg (20.77 KiB) Viewed 1876 times

[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Fire1.jpg
Fire1.jpg (47.82 KiB) Viewed 1876 times

Fire2.jpg
Fire2.jpg (16.03 KiB) Viewed 1877 times
Fire2.png
Fire2.png (51.92 KiB) Viewed 1881 times
fire4.png
fire4.png (69 KiB) Viewed 1880 times
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."

Pfhorrest
California

Post Dec 9th '11, 09:38

I feel aweful right now...
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Dec 10th '11, 07:06

CryoS wrote:I feel aweful right now...

It's cool man, your models rock, and I've been slacking on a lot of the stuff I wanted to clean up a little (feedback from Ryoko's playthrough) myself, so I'm not one to judge. Just looking to get this part of it wrapped up at least; the recent 1.0 release and new M1 port kinda got me inspired to finish this thing off.

PM me (I don't seem to have your email anymore) and we'll talk about it, I've got some volunteer help lined up already.

Pfhorrest
California

Post Mar 8th '12, 02:40

"Dec 2011". Hey, that's fairly recent; merely a couple of months after I contacted you, Pfhorrest.

Have you managed to get some stuff done since?
johnnythewolf

Post Mar 8th '12, 06:22

I don't have record of messages from you, remind me what was said again?

And yes, some progress is happening. I got the models off CryoS and Jessenator is polishing them up and will hopefully be turning in fully rendered sets of frames in the not too distant future.

Pfhorrest
California

Post Mar 8th '12, 12:58

Oh, I was just being a diehard fan by asking you how things were going with Omega. [MLaugh]

Seriously, custom scenario or not, Eternal X remains my favorite story-driven video game so far.
johnnythewolf

Post Mar 8th '12, 16:10

best of luck.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Mar 8th '12, 22:14

I've got a P'fhor Shock Stick and the Trooper's gun, if you want to use them.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Return to Projects