Kill Them All, Volume IV

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Mar 27th '12, 21:47

That looks so much better. Nice job.

By the way, I found a couple more problems:
1) You left your tag switch on. I already addressed this issue with a different map in this thread, go check that out.
2) Your platforms can be jammed shut, breaking the map. Make sure to always flag "only once" platforms as "can't deactivate externally."

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Mar 27th '12, 22:15

RyokoTK wrote:That looks so much better. Nice job.

By the way, I found a couple more problems:
1) You left your tag switch on. I already addressed this issue with a different map in this thread, go check that out.
2) Your platforms can be jammed shut, breaking the map. Make sure to always flag "only once" platforms as "can't deactivate externally."

Thanks for the tips, man. All (known) issues have been addressed. Hopefully this is on par with the rest of KTA IV.
Attachments
Ascent.zip
(11.68 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
http://electricsheep.org/ Wicked Custom Screen Saver. It actually evolves over time, thanks to some internet-y crap.

nonstab
Chicago

Post Mar 28th '12, 23:57

Not shabby. Might need some tweaking for difficulty reasons (namely, it's pretty easy to cheap out by using the 2x regen.). Only other thing to note is that you might consider some tweaking as far as how you deliver monsters onto the field - those small doors bottleneck them really easily, making it a easy to pelt them with shotguns or AR grenades while not taking much damage. As a whole, it's nothing that floors me, but it stays relatively clean and simple as it should be.
Last edited by L'howon on Mar 28th '12, 23:58, edited 1 time in total.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post Mar 29th '12, 13:25

Made the first set of doors about 50% wider. Anything more would require me to actually modify other parts of the map, and I'm way to lazy for that. I also replaced the x2 health cans with x1s, which is hopefully a adequate solution.

Note that I haven't actually tested this beyond re-texturing the doors and stuff, and this was pretty much a "quick fix", if you will. [MUp]
Attachments
Ascent.zip
(11.71 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
http://electricsheep.org/ Wicked Custom Screen Saver. It actually evolves over time, thanks to some internet-y crap.

nonstab
Chicago

Post Apr 1st '12, 16:56

Ok... the deadline has come and passed. Anyone going to make an announcement? Is KTA being compiled or whatever?

nonstab
Chicago

Post Apr 1st '12, 21:15

No. You see, this is the most elaborate April Fool's joke ever spawned. Everyone's hard work that they submitted by March 31 was all to get a big laugh out of their wasted effort today because KTA4 will never be released.
VikingBoyBilly

Post Apr 1st '12, 21:42

VikingBoyBilly wrote:No. You see, this is the most elaborate April Fool's joke ever spawned. Everyone's hard work that they submitted by March 31 was all to get a big laugh out of their wasted effort today because KTA4 will never be released.

Meh. He already did that once.

Wrkncacnter

Post Apr 2nd '12, 04:09

The deadline has come, but there's all kinds of work on my end to be done. If you have any last-minute changes to make, make them. Expect KTA4 to be released... uh, eventually. I'll try to get it out by mid-April, but if May comes along and it's not out, don't be surprised. Just get mad at me and maybe I'll cough up an excuse.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Apr 17th '12, 16:03

Since the deadline has come and gone but nothing is released i'm going to gamble and say there's still space for a map. Between 4getting, a treacherous house move, many false starts on map and water getting dumped into my computer once i had one i liked - i didn't think it was going to happen. And maybe it's for the worse that it did, but here you go.

The map is set up like a jailbreak and in order to leave you have to tick off the bobs, so don't be shy. Two tips, don't waste bullets and expect to have little health throughout the level. I'd appreciate feedback on it's playability, i always like fighting bobs and have set up some difficult shoot-outs in favor of battles.
Attachments
in_bad_spirit.sceA.zip
(14.45 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

screamingfool

Post Apr 18th '12, 12:57

screamingfool wrote:Since the deadline has come and gone but nothing is released i'm going to gamble and say there's still space for a map. Between 4getting, a treacherous house move, many false starts on map and water getting dumped into my computer once i had one i liked - i didn't think it was going to happen. And maybe it's for the worse that it did, but here you go.

The map is set up like a jailbreak and in order to leave you have to tick off the bobs, so don't be shy. Two tips, don't waste bullets and expect to have little health throughout the level. I'd appreciate feedback on it's playability, i always like fighting bobs and have set up some difficult shoot-outs in favor of battles.

I was waiting for your map, mostly. Revisions on the other maps I've got are mostly done. I should have KTA4 ready around the end of the month.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Apr 18th '12, 14:11

Did you decide on a hub level script?

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Apr 18th '12, 14:19

Treellama wrote:Did you decide on a hub level script?

I think I'll probably do without since, who cares.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Apr 20th '12, 15:46

Actually, I've already figured out a script for a hub. Go to the menu, hold down Option + Command, and click on Begin New Game. It's crazy. IT WERKS LYK MAGICK.

Da Pissa

Post Apr 23rd '12, 16:33

This is a cool idea. Too bad I joined the forums in time to miss the deadline.
Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

philtron

Post May 14th '12, 13:08

bump

gmanyo

Post Jun 13th '12, 01:18

Bumping this because it's mid-june now.
VikingBoyBilly

Post Jun 13th '12, 19:07

TK, this is a poor job! You should use all future free time to finish this so are stuff doesn't go to waste!
Youtube Channel:Crosstroop3r // Traxus Wiki User Page: Crosstrooper
My Marathon uploads: Destiny

Destiny
USA

Post Jun 13th '12, 21:19

What do you guys need TK for? Don't you guys have the maps you made?

Wrkncacnter

Post Jun 13th '12, 21:39

I only have the map I made. TK is the one who has all our maps plus his own.
Last edited by VikingBoyBilly on Jun 13th '12, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
VikingBoyBilly

Post Jun 15th '12, 22:40

VikingBoyBilly wrote:I only have the map I made. TK is the one who has all our maps plus his own.

All of the maps are attached to this thread, and Ryoko's maps usually suck anyway, so you don't need them.

Wrkncacnter

Post Jun 18th '12, 03:02

W wrote:All of the maps are attached to this thread, and Ryoko's maps usually suck anyway, so you don't need them.
Well, not exactly. I emailed him a revised version of my map that's not posted here. It's impossible to tell how many other under-the-table submissions have been going on. (until Ryoko posts again)
Last edited by VikingBoyBilly on Jun 18th '12, 03:03, edited 1 time in total.
VikingBoyBilly

Post Jun 20th '12, 19:17

Well, if I go searching for my map, I'm bound to find it.

Also, if TK fails to reach deadlines and doesn't have a lot of free time, why doesn't someone that has less responsibilities and plenty of free time take up the community projects?
Youtube Channel:Crosstroop3r // Traxus Wiki User Page: Crosstrooper
My Marathon uploads: Destiny

Destiny
USA

Post Jul 17th '12, 21:49

im crying so hard right now

gmanyo

Post Jul 17th '12, 22:06

Finally! Something new to play!

*Fist Pump*

Thanks Ryoko!
listener