Does anyone remember this?

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
Drictelt
Vidmaster

Sending the map...

Oh, goran, if you upload a new shapespatch, please put my fences on the current place and yours behind. Prolly no one else has used them yet. Am i right?
Eternal - Victory Dance IV - KTA III - Phoenix
More on Simplici7y: Xmas I-II-III - Winter I - Narcotics - Thrudnesday
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Ok well Im 800 polygons into the second map, but I am curious as to what monsters you are going to let shoot underwater... I remember in the first one there were hyperactive drones that shot underwater...
goran
Vidmaster

Oh that. The mapper's wish is the physics law. Any monster you want can do that. however, drones were excellent because they have so low health. Easy kill for the smg.

I'm happy you're already at 800 polygons. Man, you're a fast/creative mapper.
goran
Vidmaster

Drictelt wrote:Sending the map...

Oh, goran, if you upload a new shapespatch, please put my fences on the current place and yours behind. Prolly no one else has used them yet. Am i right?
Yes, I will make sure to do that. I will check your map on thursday.
goran
Vidmaster

I'm back home, I'm back to my mac, we're finishing this soon. Prolly not in in time to Christmas, but hopefully very soon.

Esi and simon can you get me your maps until christmas?

Can someone compress the latest shapespatchers with a .sit and send them to me?
Last edited by goran on Dec 21st '06, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

goran wrote:I'm back home, I'm back to my mac, we're finishing this soon. Prolly not in in time to Christmas, but hopefully very soon.

Esi and simon can you get me your maps until christmas?

Can someone compress the latest shapespatchers with a .sit and send them to me?
there's a slight possibility that i'll finish the map on time, but I can't promise you anything. :(
I've just had a lot of things on my hand plus i've been lazy. :P
FullDiaper
Born on Board

I'm in the same boat as Esi, I don't think i'll be able to complete this before christmas.
Give me until the 23, if I don't think i'll be able to complete it i'll let you know via email.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

We wont get it done by xmas?! Thats bad... I want it by xmas!!! Im not going to make any new maps, but I can use my super speed to finish other incomplete maps... so long as they are complete enough for me to know what to finish...
goran
Vidmaster

It doesn't look possible to finnish the project until Xmas. I'm finishing the last 200 polygons of my level tomorrow. When all maps are in, I'll make up the plot and level order. Then ryoko is going to write terminals, and then there's betatesting. It looks challening to pull off all of that in one day. I'd even say it is impossible.

It doesn't matter though.

We'll release the scenario 1-7 days after Xmas, bugfree and perfect.

**NEW DEADLINE FOR MAPS**

100, 500, or 1000 polygons, doesn't matter. Finnish what you have so it's done until the 25th december.
Last edited by goran on Dec 23rd '06, 00:27, edited 1 time in total.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

goran wrote:**NEW DEADLINE FOR MAPS**

100, 500, or 1000 polygons, doesn't matter. Finnish what you have so it's done until the 25th december.
you know what, My lazyness and "mappers block" disappeared today and my map grew a lot. I might actually be able to finish this. Where is the latest shape patch, wasn't there supposed to be some new scenery like ice stuff and so on?
goran
Vidmaster

Good to hear Johannes! I finished my map today. Those who play on TC will shit their pants at the end of the level. Haha! My best idea ever. John summer is going to look like this: O_O

Then he's going to run VERY FAST

And when he thinks he's made it he's going to look like this: O_O "you gotta be kidding me"

Then he's going to die.

I hope =) It's hard to kill John Summer.
Last edited by goran on Dec 23rd '06, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

goran wrote:Good to hear Johannes! I finished my map today. Those who play on TC will shit their pants at the end of the level. Haha! My best idea ever. John summer is going to look like this: O_O

Then he's going to run VERY FAST

And when he thinks he's made it he's going to look like this: O_O "you gotta be kidding me"

Then he's going to die.

I hope =) It's hard to kill John Summer.
finally we'll get him... mwhahahahaha
goran
Vidmaster

Sinjid gave a xmas gift to the project, a new 400 polygon map! [MUp]
goran
Vidmaster

Simon Dupuis reported today he won't be able to do a map. We're still happy for the work he does on textures [MSmile]

The project got 6 maps secured, one more than last year [MUp]

Esi is still mapping. We'll find out tomorrow what he's up to. He might give the project its seven7h map.
Drictelt
Vidmaster

I really wonder why people call someone, who calls himself dcbob or johannes gunnar, esi :O
Eternal - Victory Dance IV - KTA III - Phoenix
More on Simplici7y: Xmas I-II-III - Winter I - Narcotics - Thrudnesday
goran
Vidmaster

The answer to that question is that he also calls himself esi. I think it's a nickname he's had for a long time. Maybe not so known in the marathon community, but it is sure one of his nicknames. Oh. Dcbob is going to think he's a celebrity when he reads this [MLaugh]
Last edited by goran on Dec 24th '06, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

goran wrote:The answer to that question is that he also calls himself esi. I think it's a nickname he's had for a long time. Maybe not so known in the marathon community, but it is sure one of his nicknames. Oh. Dcbob is going to think he's a celebrity when he reads this [MLaugh]
yay! i'm famous! well yeah, it's sort of like god, jesus & the holy spirit. It's just DcBob, Johannes Gunnar & Esi ;)

Johannes Gunnar (Jóhannes Gunnar �orsteinsson) = my real name
Esi = my real life nickname, my bro started to call me that by the age of 6 but it got stuck to me around the age of 13 or so i think. And now i'm called that by the majority of my "real life" friends. ( Johannes = Johann-es = Es = Esi )
DcBob = My internet nickname
goran
Vidmaster

Beta testing is coming in a few days. If you're interrested, sign up here. Only teammembers.

Team:

simon
goran
ryoko
shadow
driz
sinjid
esi

---------------

Kinetic Turtle, how are the sounds going?
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

goran wrote:Beta testing is coming in a few days. If you're interrested, sign up here. Only teammembers.

Team:

simon
goran
ryoko
shadow
driz
sinjid
esi

---------------

Kinetic Turtle, how are the sounds going?

I think i have time for some good 'ol pfhor bashing. :)
Samus

Ill test it goran, sorry I quit out of it...
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

bad news Goran.
Forge decided to go boom on me.
It is experiencing some MAJOR slow downs in visual mode, so i'm unable to texture the map and what-not. I experienced the same problem one or two years ago on my G4 iMac but this has something to do with the TruBlueEnvironment task (which is the task that runs os9 programs, better known as Classic) because memory usage, and mainly CPU usage is disturbingly high for some reasons for that task. I've tried everything to fix it and nothing works so i guess the map will die here. Although if i'll happen to fix it today i'll let you know.

PS: I know you always wanted to try a solo map by me so i'll try to finish this map sometime later for you to try it out. :)
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

got Forge to work again.. But it's rather late, i'll see what i can do
goran
Vidmaster

I playing around with anew map, a small one. If nothing else we can merge ours together, add some glue polygons, and voila, map done =)
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

goran wrote:I playing around with anew map, a small one. If nothing else we can merge ours together, add some glue polygons, and voila, map done =)
Forge went kaboom again. So i guess i'll just attach what's done of the map. (not much.. hehe)
[attachment=347:The_Sinking_BoB.zip]
Attachments
The_Sinking_BoB.zip
(27.09 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Hopefully I've finished it now, I had to chip off a few parts but along with the exit place I also fixed some really stupid errors and added terminal numbers in the map.