Does anyone remember this?

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Nov 30th '06, 21:26

I could help with the maps, if your in need of another mapper...
I like Guinea Pigs. They go Squeak Squeak Squeak all day long!

http://sinjid.110mb.com/ - Looking for Domain Name / Better Hosting. Anyone interested?
Sinjid
The shadows!!!

Post Nov 30th '06, 22:55

...in need of another mapper

hmm

As a matter of fact I am. Send me an email ([email protected]) and download the latest shapes from this thread.
Last edited by goran on Nov 30th '06, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.

goran

Post Nov 30th '06, 22:58

goran wrote:I've had 5wu ladders, sometimes ladders jsut fuck up. Try climbing it a couple of times.

My own preference for ladders are 0.3wu for each step.

I made a .25 wu and it hallted the climbing on the 3rd step for a bit. Then it just started climing you again... a problem, but playable.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Nov 30th '06, 23:06

samus
simon
shadowbreaker
drictelt
goran
JohannesGunnar
ryoko
sinjid

I like the size of this team [MUp]

The power of many mappers.

goran

Post Nov 30th '06, 23:15

Talking about team size, who's making what? I picked up the first level, where you are in some
underground mine system and you have to make up your way up.
FullDiaper

Post Nov 30th '06, 23:17

Goran, Samus, Drictelt, Goran, I, DcBOB and Sinjid are mappers i think...

Ryoko is term maker

I dont think you need to be reminded who you are.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Nov 30th '06, 23:48

It's all good simon.

levels orders, who's making what and so on - doesn't matter. I'll align all levels when they're all completed.

As a mapper on this project you only have to concern yourself with making a cool level in the environment before christmas.

goran

Post Dec 1st '06, 00:05

Yeah, I dunno if goran has any master schemes this time, but last time you basically made random levels, goran built up a kind of basic plot, and then I wrote the terminals that brought them together. It's not like you have to worry too much about where your level fits.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Dec 1st '06, 02:57

correction *Does anyone remember this? not "Do anyone remember this?"
Sorry I had to point that out. [MGrin]

Phobos-Romulus
Rochester MI

Post Dec 1st '06, 03:41

Shadow, I don't need to be reminded of what position the members hold, I was just wondering what
specific levels each members choose.
At least Goran got the answer I needed!
Last edited by FullDiaper on Dec 1st '06, 03:49, edited 1 time in total.
FullDiaper

Post Dec 1st '06, 15:55

Arrgh! There's only few things more frustrating than making a ladder. Ill just make it an elevator... (Im making a powerplant if youre interested)
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt

Post Dec 1st '06, 16:06

Suggestion: i'd import the m1 door sound, it's nicer in general and it's better in harmony with the textures...
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt

Post Dec 1st '06, 18:08

My level is on the surface of the planet, Im not actually sure what you have to do though, any ideas?

goran wrote:What kind of ice textures are you missing?

Hmmm, a sort of soft ice thats not rigid like the other, a different snow texture aswell as the other one and maybe a change in the dirt texture but there should be a frozen over version of that too...
Samus

Post Dec 1st '06, 21:21

Simon, you've made some splitting metal door. Very nice, but unfortunately it's impossible to split in that way. a rotated version would be cool.
Also, its a little bit strange that the frame of it opens too. Previous year there was this door with a special texture for the edge. Could you do this for your door too?

excuse me, i see its somewhat splittable in two directions...

Though it would be better if it was rotated ;)

Drictelt

Post Dec 1st '06, 22:33

I can fix that for you driz. Im' back on mac today. That's both good and bad news. I left my story summary on the pc (in another city) =(

If someone has the story summary, please send it to

[email protected]

goran

Post Dec 1st '06, 23:18

I'll try to fix it eventually, it's like it need to be fixed ASAP, right? ;)
Do we need new scenery item? ceiling light? crystals?
Let me know if you need more stuff, i'm not ready yet to map anyway.
FullDiaper

Post Dec 1st '06, 23:22

Im having some problems here. I've downloaded the files but once I unzip them anvil doens't recnognize them as shapes. I've tried using filetyper on them, but it has no effect.

any suggestions?

If nothing else, can someone with a good connection email me the shapes (both files) to my email: [email protected]. Wihtout any zip or anything. Just as they are.
Last edited by goran on Dec 1st '06, 23:39, edited 1 time in total.

goran

Post Dec 2nd '06, 04:18

Goran, I have uploaded both shapes in .sit format, try them and let me know if it fix the problem!
FullDiaper

Post Dec 2nd '06, 08:07

Goran, i had that problem too. Anvil didn't recognise them, but they got the eternal shapes icons. If your working with osx, press command I and tell the computer this file should standardly be opened with anvil (now i think about it, im not that sure anymore that it actually worked. Otherwise, just run these new patches on the first shapesfiles, that works too.)

Drictelt

Post Dec 2nd '06, 11:29

the .sit worked for me simon. Thanks!

The shapes looks really good, Im happy how you made some of them more sharp, and at the same time I'm unhappy you ignored/missed a couple of textures.

It doesn't matter though, I'll add the ones you missed/ignored to the end of the shapesfile, and I'll also add a few more textures.

(if you've added more textures since the last patch, let me know, so we don't take up the same sequence ids with new textures)

I've uploaded simon's shapes with an additional 8 textures to fileball. The archive will be available in 1-2 days.
Last edited by goran on Dec 2nd '06, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.

goran

Post Dec 2nd '06, 13:07

These shapes looks beautiful simon! I love them. I just made my first 72 polygons. It looks incredible good

simon, do you still have the picture of all textures I sent you, if you do, send it to me email.

goran

Post Dec 2nd '06, 13:35

I don't have that pic anymore, did you uploaded the additional 8 textures to the ftp?

Edit: If you can, send me your addition to my email please!
FullDiaper

Post Dec 2nd '06, 17:58

I will simon. I'm noticing things while I go on forging, so I'll send it to you tonight. For example, the blue on the transparent textures weren't the transparent blue. (that is fixed now)

What I am noticing, is that 1 or 2 more brownish wall/floor textures would be nice.

I've also given the bright greens and reds in the colortable a glowmask so they glow in the dark.

the brown mountain texture is pretty stupid, as there are no mountains on the ice planet. I'm planning on replacing it, or changing its colors to snow colors.

goran

Post Dec 2nd '06, 18:10

This is probably not the place to ask things like this, but

1) How do you give something a glow mask in a shapes file. I already considered it impossible
2) If a wall gets weird and makes you bounce when walking against it, can you do something about that or does forge just decide randomly which walls it will screw up?

Drictelt

Post Dec 2nd '06, 18:37

1 is taken care of by MML -- Rubicon had it.

2 is a varied issue, but the easiest way to take care of it is to put a throw-away polygon on the side of the line that bounces. Hamish Sinclair's site has a tutorial on bouncy wall fixing.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

PreviousNext

Return to Projects