Does anyone remember this?

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Dec 2nd '06, 18:47

Hey, I just read through the thread, and this project looks very promising. I downloaded the shapes file, and I must say, well done!

I'm currently making a multiplayer map with that Shapes file, so if you were considering adding a multiplayer component to the project, I might be able to help. Just let me know - I'll check back here later.

stunt_man

Post Dec 2nd '06, 19:35

Don't understand the throw away thingy, and ive been searching myself inside out for the site of this hamish sinclair,but i didnt find it. Could you post a link please?
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt

Post Dec 2nd '06, 19:57

driz:
In anvil, when you view a colortable, you can hold command+shift and click on colors. They will appear a bit differently, which means they will not be effected by light. (=100% light always)

Simon taught me this ages ago. It's used for many of marathon aliens. Hunters for instance. They have their cannon glowing in the dark. The same thing can be done to textures.

stunt_man
This project doesn't have networkmaps. You can construct them for yourself if you want, but they will not be included in the xmas 2006 final download.

goran

Post Dec 2nd '06, 21:20

No sweat, it'll probably take awhile for me to finish it anyway...

stunt_man

Post Dec 3rd '06, 04:37

I finally started working on my map again, tho it's a pain in the ass to use my mouse with my left hand, blame my idiotic move in the lab today and liquid plastic, fortunatly my right hand isn't too burned and it should recover fast enough ;)
FullDiaper

Post Dec 3rd '06, 08:53

horizontal or vertical orange-black stripes would be awesome for the floor and ceiling in diagonal polygons.
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt

Post Dec 3rd '06, 10:53

shapes v 1.4 at fileball (simon you recieved them to your email yesterday)

mappers go here

goran

Post Dec 3rd '06, 18:02

Um, could you post a .sit file with the actual shapes file in it? I'm having problems with Basilisk - it's not being recognized as a shapes file and the patch won't work...

EDIT: Forget it, I got it to work - and may I say again nice textures... Here's a pic of the multiplayer map I'm working on:

IPB Image

The only problem I have with this Shapes file is that the textures with snow running up from the bottom don't match with their native textures, so if I wanted to split a wall texture... Well, have a look:

IPB Image

See the top texture? It doesn't match with its snowy friend underneath. I'm trying to work around it, changing the lighting on either of these, but I don't think it's going to work. If this wasn't what you intended the textures for, maybe you should reconsider because mixing the two kinds of textures could lead to some very nice walls, indeed.

Again, good stuff here, best shapes I've worked with in awhile.
Last edited by stunt_man on Dec 3rd '06, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.

stunt_man

Post Dec 3rd '06, 19:17

stunt_man wrote:
See the top texture? It doesn't match with its snowy friend underneath. I'm trying to work around it, changing the lighting on either of these, but I don't think it's going to work. If this wasn't what you intended the textures for, maybe you should reconsider because mixing the two kinds of textures could lead to some very nice walls, indeed.

Again, good stuff here, best shapes I've worked with in awhile.

I agree with you. I tried using the snowcovered textures, but they don't work. They will be updated.

goran

Post Dec 3rd '06, 19:56

snow update

Let me know if this looks better or not. I tried some different approaches.

shapes to do list:
-add crystal scenery
(-add snow landscape)

we're getting new wind sounds too. They'll come later on.
Last edited by goran on Dec 3rd '06, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.

goran

Post Dec 3rd '06, 20:04

Is there going to be an ight and day snow landscape? The map I'm owrking on contains landscapes...

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Dec 3rd '06, 20:06

yes there will be night and day landscapes, if we make snow landscape.

goran

Post Dec 5th '06, 22:09

Vurry cool. I'm about to try out the updated snow texture, feedback in a sec.

EDIT: Textures look great, but my shapes aren't working in Forge now... Can you post the patch for the forge version?
Last edited by stunt_man on Dec 5th '06, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.

stunt_man

Post Dec 5th '06, 22:41

It's an update of the high res shapes files, not the forge patch, I think.

Edit: Very nice work Goran! And at the same time I can still use the Forge shapes :)
FullDiaper

Post Dec 5th '06, 23:06

Here's the thing. At fileball there's a download with the latest forge and A1 shapes patches.

The snow update, was a fast experiment to improve the snow hidden texture in the A1 shapes. You should be able to use the forge shapes from fileball with the A1 shapes from the snow update.

I'm telling you all this because I just left my parents house and the mac. Now I am on pc again, and no anvil.

link to fileball download
Last edited by goran on Dec 5th '06, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.

goran

Post Dec 6th '06, 20:32

a transparent version of bitmap 34 would be great.

Drictelt

Post Dec 6th '06, 21:31

Ah, okay, thanks. Didn't think of that...

stunt_man

Post Dec 14th '06, 12:11

Half of december has gone now. There's 10 days left to Xmas. How are everyone doing?

Shadowbreaker - DONE
Sinjid - DONE (haven't mailed me yet: [email protected])
Goran - 50% complete
Driz - ?
Simon - ?
Esi - ?

goran

Post Dec 14th '06, 13:32

I have 218 poly on my map right now, so you can count that as a 25% I guess.
I don't map that much during the week anyway, job get in the way, I have more time on the weekend so hopefully i should be able to complete it for sunday!
FullDiaper

Post Dec 14th '06, 13:51

470 poly's or something like that... Take it as 40%

So, how's the textures?

Drictelt

Post Dec 14th '06, 15:22

Drictelt wrote:470 poly's or something like that... Take it as 40%

So, how's the textures?

They are alright, if you *still* find something you don't like you should say it in one post instead of posting bit by bit, this would save doing updates over updates all the time.
FullDiaper

Post Dec 14th '06, 15:34

Well, if there's some time between two ideas for textures, you can hardly post it at once... Besides, i thought goran was gonna do the fences :o
So what i had suggested was (either on this forum or the other): Window-fences and frosted window fences. For the rest i dont miss anything anymore. Well, if youre really bored another computerscreens texture would be useful, but entirely not necessary
Last edited by Drictelt on Dec 14th '06, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.

Drictelt

Post Dec 14th '06, 19:29

Simon, can you add these two images into four textures (horizontial +vertical) to the shapesfile, and make a new patcher.

The images are not colortabled. (make sure the blue is the right blue after indexing)

Thanks.

Last edited by goran on Dec 14th '06, 19:30, edited 1 time in total.

goran

Post Dec 14th '06, 22:51

Alright, i'm going to work on this right now, i'm using the 1/4 version from Fileball too.
FullDiaper

PreviousNext

Return to Projects