Does anyone remember this?

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Jan 3rd '07, 00:51

I think there's room. What kind of level do you have in mind?
I'm thinking a level that falls between Crudelitas and Welcome to the Corp; the AIs want to get into the computing core (WttC), but they need to proceed through the main computing station first. That's what this level is. I've started plotting it out; most of the level boils down to locating security chips to enter the central station, which teleports the player to WttC.

Now onto something of importance. In 1-2 days I'll leave my mac. I need to put someone else in responsibility of merging, and converting the map to an unimap if this project is going to make the deadline. My decision is to leave this special task to someone on the team. (preferable ryoko, since he got experience)

I can take care of that, for sure.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 3rd '07, 01:39

That level is alright. You can make it.

I've fixed all beta notes, apart from mycatcanfly. There's no polygons to spare on this level, and the bridge bug is pretty fatal. My only idea is to remove blocks from the icebergs.
Last edited by goran on Jan 3rd '07, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.

goran

Post Jan 3rd '07, 02:06

Okay, running through the Beta4 version of Sporks:
-You should probably just copy the black Enforcers from the Brave New World physics file, for consistency.
-Hunters in the hallway at poly 379 don't activate.
-The Juggernaut in the room by poly 28 spawns too low in the trench; you can easily pass through the hallway and not notice it.
-More ammo (especially Fusion) should be given to fight the MOACs and Juggernaut near the end.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 3rd '07, 02:21

Ack, you know, I'm looking at the work schedule for the rest of the week, and I don't think I want to mess around with another full-scale map. Sorry, goran. But hey, 8 levels still isn't bad at all.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 3rd '07, 03:26

Hardkore triple-post action!

The terminals are done; 20000 Sporks now serves as a relay for the local security network that the AIs must penetrate before they can actually enter the communications tower (Brave New World). Brave New World's terminals are essentially the same as what 20000 Sporks' terminals used to be. One terminal on My Cat Can Fly is completely reworded, and a couple other minor tweaks are done throughout the game.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 3rd '07, 10:36

Bugs fixed. Also a new 2x recharger in the room of poly 40. A brabbled that confusing thing cuz i thought you were talking about the fusion.
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt

Post Jan 3rd '07, 10:41

No problem with the level. This means we're awfully close now. I fixed sporks errors. It's only mycat can fly that has some major things to fix now.

Can you send me the new terminals?

goran

Post Jan 3rd '07, 11:29

I've fixed mycatcanfly. Bridge works good now. I added a teleporter at the chipinsertion. I added a teleporter to juggernaut room so the player cannot get trapped.

With the new terminals added, we have a very solid beta.

goran

Post Jan 3rd '07, 14:11

Mcfortress
Platform 599 (or any near it) looks ugly at the sides. Lit sand...

Crudelitas, the terminal with the map, its missing a pic. Actually its missing everything except for the map.

Also, the starting polygon in Crudelitas was an automatic exit to the previous level, i fixed it but it's quite stupid to send the complete map to you again...

Edit: Ah well ill just send you the map cuz i have to do something with the secret flamethrower anyway (making it not secret)
Last edited by Drictelt on Jan 3rd '07, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt

Post Jan 3rd '07, 14:40

apparently theres something wrong with my icefences. The horizontal ones disappear and the vertical ones become yours.

Drictelt

Post Jan 3rd '07, 15:07

goran, to what e-mail of mine did you send the beta? i checked last night (both my gmail one and my f.org one) and i saw nothing.

JohannesG

Post Jan 3rd '07, 15:21

Corp:
-Theres some room with six drones. They seem stuck in the ceiling. And i dont know if it can be fixed, but the window is bouncy there.
-At the elevator at the start, if you leave it, turn and press the switch to make it go up again, there's an uncolored texture at the other switch.
-To the west of the octagonal room in the east, there was a blue pfhor stuck in the lights.
-In the big room with the balconies, theres a polygon improperly colored at the floor.

Enhanced intelligence:
-In the iceformed stuff at the start, theres a wrongly colored rectangular polygon (i think).

Drictelt

Post Jan 3rd '07, 16:26

Alright, with the individual files goran just sent me, I'll merge in the terminal text and send it back complete.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 3rd '07, 16:45

Goran, your chapter screen moves diagonally. The pic has to be either 640 pixels wide or 480 pixels tall (but not both). It causes it to scroll diagonally, and you end up missing about half of the credits. Make this one 640p wide and you should be fine. That said, the final beta merge is ready. Send me some fixed pics and I'll go ahead and bundle it up.

Also, one big thing I did: the merge was getting bitchy because of the first terminal on My Cat Can Fly. Specifically, it's too long, and Forge would crash when merging it in. What I did was move the exit terminal text to terminal 1 (where you're told that you overlooked the chip). Now, when you finish the mission, you have to go back there. I did this for two reasons: one, like I said, Forge crashed otherwise. Two, it's closer to the switch insertion. You don't have to go nearly as far to finish the level.
Last edited by RyokoTK on Jan 3rd '07, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 3rd '07, 17:36

I've fixed the chapterscreen and sent it to you.

I'll distribute the beta to dcbob, driz, and shadow.

Have these been taken care of? I never got around to fix those before I sent you the files. It's small things.

Mcfortress
Platform 599 (or any near it) looks ugly at the sides. Lit sand...

Crudelitas
the terminal with the map, its missing a pic. Actually its missing everything except for the map.

Corp:
-At the elevator at the start, if you leave it, turn and press the switch to make it go up again, there's an uncolored texture at the other switch.
-To the west of the octagonal room in the east, there was a blue pfhor stuck in the lights.
-In the big room with the balconies, theres a polygon improperly colored at the floor.

goran

Post Jan 3rd '07, 17:47

I didnt, and if you send me the beta, please only send the map file. 8,7 mb makes my emailaddress go up to 153%. I can take care of the fences myself. And these bugs, a didnt do anything about it... Dunno if anyone else did.

Drictelt

Post Jan 3rd '07, 17:47

Crud, I wish I had looked over those before I sent the whole merge to you. -_-;

Okay, okay, I'll get to these fixes.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 3rd '07, 17:51

driz had sent me a new crudelitas, I forwarded it to you. I think he'd fixed some things.

goran

Post Jan 3rd '07, 17:55

Noticed. I don't know what you mean with the Crudelitas error. Which terminal is this? Can you clarify what it's supposed to have?

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 3rd '07, 18:00

I think it's the terminal that displays the map over the powerplant. I know I did only write "text?" beside the picture. BUt besides that, I can't think of anything wrong with it.

goran

Post Jan 3rd '07, 18:34

Well, the first page has no text and a big white rectangle with something like "there is no picture 0" The second page has the map, and the text says: "Text?" I dont know if there is a third page... I think its terminal 1. Pretty sure actually.

Drictelt

Post Jan 3rd '07, 18:38

I'm running through Crudelitas; why is there a tick by the wires? Is that supposed to be something else?

Edit: I'm assuming that it's supposed to be a Black Trooper, so I've re-tooled the physics accordingly. All other issues are fixed; re-merging map.
Last edited by RyokoTK on Jan 3rd '07, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 3rd '07, 18:50

No, it was a cyborg minor. I actually changed it into the player, and then back into a monster, but i didnt think about changing it back. Besides, arent troopers green and purple?

Drictelt

Post Jan 3rd '07, 18:57

Uhm, why do i teleport out of my cat, just after reading the first terminal?

Drictelt

Post Jan 3rd '07, 19:04

Figured out Cat; turns out there was never an objective flagged, even though you're supposed to go press a ton of buttons. That's fixed now.

As for Black Troopers: check out Brave New World. Black Troopers only use their machine guns (they're an addition to the shapes file). Unless you have a huge problem, I'm going to leave it there.
Last edited by RyokoTK on Jan 3rd '07, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

PreviousNext

Return to Projects