Does anyone remember this?

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Nov 29th '06, 17:10

I can help with some terminal stuff.

Maybe I can type a story? (Cause that's the only thing that I can do.)

assassingao

Post Nov 29th '06, 17:51

assassingao wrote:I can help with some terminal stuff.

I can help with that too if you'd like. [MTongue]
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Nov 29th '06, 18:21

Goran, I've uploaded the new files at the ftp, it would be great if you could distribute the textures the same way you did with the first file. I don't want anyone beside the Sigma members to get acess to the ftp! thanks a lot!
FullDiaper

Post Nov 29th '06, 18:36

Goran, Why don't you take the PiD cystals... you could pick them up and unleash dark power upon enemies...
Samus

Post Nov 29th '06, 18:47

What is this PiD everyone is talking about??

ah, pathways :D
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt

Post Nov 29th '06, 19:03

That's my job, and I'm not collaborating over anything related to the English language with you.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 29th '06, 19:31

FullDiaper wrote:Goran, I've uploaded the new files at the ftp, it would be great if you could distribute the textures the same way you did with the first file. I don't want anyone beside the Sigma members to get acess to the ftp! thanks a lot!

Of course, your ftp will always be safe with goran. What is the pass and login now again ;) J/K

goran

Post Nov 29th '06, 19:52

Shapes version 2

thanks to simon

all mappers download

goran

Post Nov 29th '06, 20:03

500megs?? Is this computer crashing?

Oops, max filesize :$

Sometimes i can be very idiot :P
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt

Post Nov 29th '06, 20:23

Ive downloaded it, expanded it four times, downloaded it again and expanded it again. I always got two 'documents(?)' or two 'executable unix files,' which i cant open with hak/anvil or forge :(

Drictelt

Post Nov 29th '06, 20:40

Drop them in file typers.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Nov 29th '06, 20:43

Shadowbreaker wrote:Drop them in file typers.

Drictelt, check the FAQ in the "Questions" section for links to this little goody.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Nov 29th '06, 20:53

Thx guys.

They look lovely simon, as usual.

Drictelt

Post Nov 30th '06, 03:16

Can you put some more Ice textures into it, (im dwnlding V2 ATM) because V1 only had 2 which isn't good enough seeing as my level is on the surface... Also... Water is wierd :|

Do i need to tipe up terms?, and do I need to place items n monsters?
Ahh, im on DIAL UP SPEED AHHHHHHH, MIX THAT WITH NZ AND ITS LESS THEN 56k AHHHH
Last edited by Samus on Nov 30th '06, 03:17, edited 1 time in total.
Samus

Post Nov 30th '06, 11:03

Yes water IS weird. A metal is using the water slot. That is not goood. A snow texture should take the water slot.

You don't need to type up terms.

It's good if you put monsters and items on your level, but if you don't I'll do it for you.

What kind of ice textures are you missing?

goran

Post Nov 30th '06, 13:43

I'll do the fix to add the additional snow texture. I'll also add more "walls covered in snow"
This time i assume it's safe to distribute a shapes patch rather than the whole shapes file.
If everyone can apply shapes patch it would be much faster for peoples with slow connection.
FullDiaper

Post Nov 30th '06, 15:52

EDIT: Goran, i've uploaded two shapes patches at the ftp, one for forge editing and one for the actual in game textures, hope everything is finally ok. XD
FullDiaper

Post Nov 30th '06, 16:15

FullDiaper wrote:EDIT: Goran, i've uploaded two shapes patches at the ftp, one for forge editing and one for the actual in game textures, hope everything is finally ok. XD

XD

It's like this on the xmas scenario until everything is done. When you're the shapes-man you never get any rest. [MSmile]

So far I haven't said anything about the shapes because I haven't been able to see them.I'm going home this weekend [MLaugh]

shapes patches

goran

Post Nov 30th '06, 16:44

Er, goran, you dont seem to have receive my last mail (reply about the unlocking doors). This was the content:

Hmm. They still don't open. Maybe im making the locked doors too thin (they worked before squeezing) but the line is already quite fat on the map. Whats the other way?

Of course any non-goran can answer too, just need an answer. Im trying to make a door that initially doesnt open, but that can be opened after pressing a switch.

Drictelt

Post Nov 30th '06, 18:31

Driz, you can have the doors very thin without any problems. If you think it is the thinness, try making them just one little tiny bit thicker.

For the locked doors:

define min and max height (ex, min=0wu, max =1wu)

speed: 4 wu/s
delay: 0

platform is a door
opens from floor
deactivates by each level
can only be activated once
cannot deactivate externally

tag = 1-15

METHOD 2 (only on 1wu high doors)

The other way to make a locked door is again to make 5 polygons.

polygon3= the door

deactivates at initial level
define min max height
platform is a door
cannot deactivate eternally

the player cannot activate the door. Uncheck that box if it is checked.

------------------------------------
create a new light.

uncheck initially active.

make the intensity 0 on all inactive
make the intensity 100 on all active

----------------------------------------

Go in visualmode, and hit capslock. Raise the floor and lower the ceiling of polygon 2 and 4. Just enough so you can texture their sides. hit capslock again. Texture the sides with lightx and the switch texture. Select:

platformswitch: door id
effected by light

hit capslock. Lower the floor to its normal position, and raise the ceiling to its normal position.

------------------------------------------

Make a light switch somewhere which controls lightx.

when lightx is on, the door is unlocked, when lightx is off, the door is locked
Last edited by goran on Nov 30th '06, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.

goran

Post Nov 30th '06, 19:45

Basically the only once actually ;) I didnt know that only-once-doors ignored their activations when already used...

Drictelt

Post Nov 30th '06, 19:57

yeah if you don't have "only once" the player will try to open the locked doors after they are open and ignore the normal door. Makes it look like the locked doors aren't working

goran

Post Nov 30th '06, 20:19

Big request!

When you make your levels, PLEASE document where the terminals are, which ones are entry/exit, and so forth. Any additional info you want to add is acceptable, but not necessary. I'm writing the terminals, and I'll definitely need the help.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 30th '06, 20:50

Is there a max of length for a ladder? i made one that went 3 WU up and got struck somewhere in the half when climbing it...

Drictelt

Post Nov 30th '06, 21:00

I've had 5wu ladders, sometimes ladders jsut fuck up. Try climbing it a couple of times.

My own preference for ladders are 0.3wu for each step.

goran

PreviousNext

Return to Projects