JUICE

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Jun 10th '07, 17:34

Will the third parameter map on the output side; i.e., can we map water 0 wander to lava 0 wobble?

I'm going to go work in the yard and think about a way to use this to make all 155 textures and 4 landscapes mappable in Forge.

Edit: also, are you doing XML because it's cool, or because it's easy in Java? If the former, a simple text file mapping is probably sufficient.
Last edited by treellama on Jun 10th '07, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jun 10th '07, 17:34

irons wrote:I'm excited. Are you?

Yes.

kineticturtle

Post Jun 10th '07, 17:51

Treellama wrote:Will the third parameter map on the output side; i.e., can we map water 0 wander to lava 0 wobble?

I'm going to go work in the yard and think about a way to use this to make all 155 textures and 4 landscapes mappable in Forge.

Edit: also, are you doing XML because it's cool, or because it's easy in Java? If the former, a simple text file mapping is probably sufficient.

Wolfy, yes, you can map Collection A, Bitmap B, Transfer C to Coll X, Bmp Y, Xfer Z. We'll still have the option to replace only Coll and Bmp (so that transfer modes remain untouched).

The XML is because it's easy in Java.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Jun 10th '07, 19:41

Here's a screenshot to show what we're talking about:
Attachments
ConvertTextures.PNG
ConvertTextures.PNG (12.53 KiB) Viewed 2663 times

Wrkncacnter

Post Jun 10th '07, 20:44

I made a little sample map for your entertainment. You start in a space ship; you have to kill most of the parasites you find there ("Extermination" type mission), then go into the teleporter to go to the surface of the planet. Once there, you need to pick up the chip and teleport out by standing on its pedestal. Once back in the ship, go to the newly-opened door to teleport out (ending the level).

There's no lighting or anything (I did it in a hurry), but I think you can easily see the benefits of these new developments. I did the architecture, basic object placement, and stage-1 texturing in Forge, then I used JUICE to add the special teleporter and the dual texture action. I hope it gives you guys some good ideas! (Imagine this for a limited-size solo level, like those in KTA...).

[attachment=653:paperdove.zip]
Attachments
paperdove.zip
(2.33 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Jun 10th '07, 21:39

@sample map

pretty nice feeling to teleport down from orbit, get some stuff from the planet's surface and beam right up again with no level loadin' involved, heh
I bring my own plasma rifle to the house of pain

Bobwithkeycard
AMS-Tower

Post Jun 12th '07, 02:46

There is now a SourceForge project for JUICE at sourceforge.net/projects/juiceforge/. If you're a programmy type, you can use SVN to get the latest stuff; we'll soon have a mailing list; and the program itself is available for download there.

irons
(.Y.)

Post Jun 12th '07, 20:15

I'm excited.

Lugas

Post Jun 14th '07, 01:16

W'rk"the Wizard"ncacnter has added a basic script format to the JUICE converter, which makes everything wonderful. It goes like this:

Code: Select all
#comments are marked with "#"
#the first form goes: COLL1,BMP1-COLL2,BMP2
#the left side of the "-" is the stuff you're converting from
#while the right side is what you're converting to:
17,3-18,9
#there's also an extra form: COLL1,BMP1,TR1-COLL2,BMP2,TR2
#where TR is the transfer mode:
17,3,4-17,21,0

You'll have to figure out the numbers for transfer modes and collection/bitmap indices for now, but we'll provide examples. The upcoming Forge shapes file that will be compatible with this feature will have a script included. Way to go Wrk!

irons
(.Y.)

Post Jun 16th '07, 02:56

JUICE can convert control panels between texture sets now
Last edited by treellama on Jun 16th '07, 02:57, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jun 16th '07, 03:04

That's right. Thanks to Treellama's hard work, we are almost done with a special shapes file and conversion script that will make texturing in all five sets using Forge quite possible. And easy!

irons
(.Y.)

Post Jun 19th '07, 01:30

JUICE v1.1 is now released! New features include LINS and SIDS editing, some bug fixes ... and, oh yeah, the amazing texture converter. A script for the using the converter with the CTF/Lua SDK will appear shortly on my site.

Let's all applaud W'rkncacnter for his hard, hard work. Thanks also to Treellama, Kinetic Turtle, Screamingfool, Ben Urban, and maybe even Ryoko.

Get it on Simplici7y here.
Get it on SourceForge here.

Download this file from my site if you want to use JUICE in place of the CTF SDK Chisel effect.
Last edited by irons on Jun 19th '07, 01:54, edited 1 time in total.

irons
(.Y.)

Post Jun 19th '07, 01:55

and maybe even Ryoko.

Don't lose any sleep over this decision.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jun 19th '07, 13:25

Does this mean that using JUICE to modify textures will be allowed in the contest now?

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Jun 19th '07, 16:16

how do you use the scripts with juice?
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]

megabyte
Asympotatoes, Mars

Post Jun 19th '07, 17:25

very carefully

screamingfool

Post Jun 19th '07, 18:41

Why don't you read the JUICE manual?

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jun 20th '07, 14:13

A shapes file and JUICE script are now available that allow you to place textures from all 5 sets in Forge's visual mode, and convert the result into a map that works with the standard Infinity shapes in Aleph One 0.18:

http://67.96.53.196:3001/map/28/show
Last edited by treellama on Jun 20th '07, 14:14, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jun 20th '07, 18:03

I will test this out, because it sounds sweet
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Jun 20th '07, 19:38

Treellama wrote:Why don't you read the JUICE manual?

i did and i can't find it
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
[viral]

megabyte
Asympotatoes, Mars

Post Jun 20th '07, 20:58

You have to be kidding me.

irons
(.Y.)

Post Jun 21st '07, 16:45

irons wrote:You have to be kidding me.

You have to be kidding me.
Favorite quote
[viral]

megabyte
Asympotatoes, Mars

Post Jun 21st '07, 16:48

Megabyte wrote:You have to be kidding me.

Old version is old. Looks like you haven't downloaded the version that actually has the texture converter.

kineticturtle

Post Jun 21st '07, 18:17

ok. got it
Favorite quote
[viral]

megabyte
Asympotatoes, Mars

PreviousNext

Return to Projects