Marathon video series

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Apr 22nd '07, 22:55

I was watching some Red Vs Blue the other day and i thought that because i've been saving recent videos i came up with an idea of a movie series for marathon...a little bit differen't though. Instead of a direct storyline i was thinking we could have differen't genres of movie sets and then put them in files and be downloadable. I've already started a set called "Marathon noob pwnage"
A video series in which we absolutely OBLIDERATE new people. I've got two episodes so far but with the recent increase of new peopel on aleph one i should come up with more. If you'd like to contribute heres the requirements:

-Must be a duel

-Your score must be 10 or more above the noob's (your score is 10, their score is -10 and so on)

-unless your score is 20 or above you can't die ONCE

-if you score is above 20 you can only die up to 3 times. To insure the player is new this shouldn't be a problem accomplishing.

-Time limit must be 5-10 minutes

-If your good enough you shouldn't use a health buffer if there is one. I'll still except the video if you don't use it constantly.

This would be considered a project because i want to actually work on it and unlike mapping and image making this is something I can do.

For overall requirements...

-Video packs must be limited to 3-5 movies

-There can be multiple packs of the same genre but they must be differen't movies, there are hundreds of maps out there so you shouldn't have a problem with the next requirement.

-You can have multiple movies of the same person but NEVER have multiple movies of the same person on the same map. Same person on differen't map is ok.

-No suicides, PERIOD

And finaly

-Try not to talk during the game. When watching people don't want to see you stopping to talk when they can't even see the conversation.

By pack I mean putting a number of saved videos from marathon into a file and then putting it up for download. Before doing so please email them to me. My email is Emuamuratchi@hotmail.com

If this project is not possible in any way technically, then tell me and i'll TRY to fix it.
And finaly if this thread doesn't belong in this section would you kindly move it instead of deleting it.
Oops almost forgot [MSmile] To get the videos out and put them in a file go to Marahton infinity (the videos must be infinity) then go to preferences, Recordings, and the files in there are the ones i want stuffed into the file. Make sure they're the right ones.

Thanks,
-JC-
Last edited by Darkwrath on Apr 23rd '07, 00:52, edited 1 time in total.
The world is filled with bastard covered bastards with bastard fillings.

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|......, ] -
"(@)'(@)"""**|(@)(@)*** **''(@)

I'MMA FIRIN' MAH LAZAR
Darkwrath
Wasilla, Alaska

Post Apr 23rd '07, 00:24

I didn't read your post. Too long.

I'd make a Marathon 1 video series. It could take place around a bob trying to survive aboard the Marathon during the Tau Ceti invasion.
He runs into everything you DIDN'T in the game. And of course the player would show up atleast once to save the main character bob at some point.

It could start... like... ...this!

BLUE GENDER Episode 1 rip off version:
The bob wakes up in a cryo tube where in which security forces are trying to evac those in stasis into a secure location aboard the Marathon.
He still has no idea whats been going on the last hour.
Hes not supposed to wake up but due to gunfire he does. The camera pans behind the security team as they watch a hulk bust through the side of the wall a couple yrds ahead.

Camera views bob's reaction as the cryo tube is thrown violently away and is broken open. He sits up and says something along the lines of "Whats going on?."
Then he sees the security forces beaten to death right infront of him. Then the hulk comes after him, hes pinned against the wall and pisses himself knowing hes about to die. However, just before he dies another security team wastes the hulk with an overwealming amount of AR shots.

Now its BLUE GENDER + Marathon.:

Now its like... 4 Episodes in. Bob is in a secure location coincidentally called "the rose".
This is the episode where Bob meets the player and is saved by him on numerous occasions.
In scenarios like the bob curled over screaming as 3 Pfhor fighters close on him. And suddenly the Marine/Player bursts through the door and wastes 2 of the fighters, the third fighter rushes the Marine/Player, he immobilizes the the Pfhor fighter with his own staff and throws it against a wall.
(Then we could do a kick ass camera angle that focuses on the Marine/Player's stoic expression. THEN focus on the Player's weapon just as he raises it and BLAM BLAM BLAM!!!!)

That scene was also off of BLUE GENDER's first episode.

Lots of BLUE GENDER references on my version.
With that said, all of you must have absolutely no clue what I'm talking about.
Though if you've seen it, you'll be able to picture everything I've said.
Look it up.
MoppyPuppy
Lake Nebagamon, WI

Post Apr 23rd '07, 00:50

The instant i finshed first paragraph i stopped reading. You guys never take my threads seriously. I'm talking RECORDING videos. if you can acctually accomplish doing this video thing of yours i'll definetly take it but i'm talking recordings...bah it might be boring so i suppose you could add some jazz to it.
Last edited by Darkwrath on Apr 23rd '07, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

I'MMA FIRIN' MAH LAZAR
Darkwrath
Wasilla, Alaska

Post Apr 23rd '07, 03:49

Im on the run and skimmed thru this, but gameplay could be quite nice in this. Like if it is about a bob, it could show a docking bay with hundreds of bobs in. and if they are fighting. You could make a net game where one person is simply a camera that follows The person (remove gun sprites), extract it and make it quicktime.
Samus

Post Apr 23rd '07, 06:37

I'm not so sure about the noobie destruction video, since it wouldn't be that interesting in the long run. For example, have a movie, regardless of content with a single shot, IE following only the marine/ noobie. Plus, we'd see the game people getting obliterated, meaning less than a hardcore fight. Also, since it would be recordings, you'd also have to have the maps that are compatible with that film. (Not hard if base infinity/marathon 2 maps, but otherwise...hmmm, you'd have to make a list of required maps).

Unless of course you are compiling the thing as a video, such as a WMV, Mov, mpeg, Etc. In which case, I still think it shouldn't follow only one or two players or else it would be boring. (At least recordings sort of forces you to watch it) But at that point, you could simply edit different recordings (not necessarily noobs) together dying if it were a movie file.

I like the idea of Moppy and Samus, a Marathon mini series with a story.

It would actually be fairly easy to implement. You just do the following.

The game only cares about what your Shapes file looks like, so you don't have to give everyone else the Shapes file.
Change your shapes to different monsters for different weapons.

Marine Red With fist: Pfhor Fighter Green
Marathon Red with Fusion: Vacbob
Marathon Yellow with Fist: Pfhor Blue
Etc.

So you could have many monsters per one marine color set, and thus they could be the actors. Sure some monster frames would have to be left out to fit the physics/ sequences of the marine set, but it would still be good. Also You'd have to tell the actors not to kill each other in the deathmatch, and turn off the timer, but it could work well. Only 8 actors though....
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Apr 23rd '07, 07:14

No, you make the recordings, flip em to quicktime and add them to the animated stuff or whateva. Edit, put on youTUBE or host a site for free.
Last edited by Samus on Apr 23rd '07, 07:17, edited 1 time in total.
Samus

Post Apr 25th '07, 23:55

interesting...well you can go ahead and try but i want to take part in this somehow...its MY project so...if we do do this i want to be an actor...

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

I'MMA FIRIN' MAH LAZAR
Darkwrath
Wasilla, Alaska

Post Apr 26th '07, 00:07

-JC- wrote:interesting...well you can go ahead and try but i want to take part in this somehow...its MY project so...if we do do this i want to be an actor...

Yes, yes, get your 7 seconds of fame.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Apr 26th '07, 01:58

Lets make a recording of a room full of bobs and the player holding a flamethrower...
- - - Marathon fan since 1994 - - -

Longinus
Ellicott City, MD

Post Apr 26th '07, 02:25

can i put some vids of me beatin u? i hav some who are +10 kills diference.
also out last duel
Last edited by slypher on Apr 26th '07, 02:25, edited 1 time in total.
teh shark blaster

slypher

Post Apr 26th '07, 12:27

Hmm, it might be okay to watch, for like 30 seconds, then it'll just get boring. Who wants to watch someone just get beat? Now, if there's a bunch of awesome shots, then that could be fun. Airshots, headshots, etc. are fun to watch. But just someone domintating someone else can get very boring, especially if the noob is very noobish and can barely play. I mean, I've had a perfect game before, but who wants to watch 5-7 minutes of just one person killing?
Bourne

Post Apr 26th '07, 19:39

That wouldn't be what it was about, it could be more like watching them play the story. Or a video of one of the journals of the BoB's in terminals. It would require a spectator player and that would be the replay to convert to quicktime, you could match up lots of different replays doin this.
Samus

Post Apr 26th '07, 21:46

Samus wrote:That wouldn't be what it was about, it could be more like watching them play the story. Or a video of one of the journals of the BoB's in terminals. It would require a spectator player and that would be the replay to convert to quicktime, you could match up lots of different replays doin this.

Yes, it is. I was not talking to you, Samus, I was talking about the initial topic.
Bourne

Post May 6th '07, 07:39

Problem with doing that is that often when i owned hard on multi its becuase the network is just latent enough that i start dodging a couple moments later than i press Z and X or whatever and constantly get hozed.

That said, owning noobs isnt very entertaining anyway. It's like watching body builders beat up on crippled old men.
Volcanon

Post May 7th '07, 03:06

jc i sent some vids with my stash. and yes, most of the kills there are awesome
teh shark blaster

slypher

Post May 7th '07, 03:15

Volcanon wrote:It's like watching body builders beat up on crippled old men.

That made me laugh...
But yeah, I get what you mean...
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.

LegacyTyphoon

Return to Projects