Xmas 3

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Dec 28th '07, 18:42

Geometrically and texturewise my map is closely finished, i still need to put in monsters and sounds and test it a little. Tomorrow im away so ill try to finish it uhm... well, the day after.
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt

Post Dec 29th '07, 02:41

Holy crap! I've been looking forward to this all year. Then I go and miss it. [MFrown] Is there still time to squease in another map?
I like Guinea Pigs. They go Squeak Squeak Squeak all day long!

http://sinjid.110mb.com/ - Looking for Domain Name / Better Hosting. Anyone interested?
Sinjid
The shadows!!!

Post Dec 30th '07, 02:21

I'm having some trouble with the shapes patches. I downloaded "Now THIS ought to work" but there seem to be many untextured areas and, well, you'll see...
I dragged a shapes file into the patch, opened the patch and selected the shapes file, ect. but nothing seems to work.[attachment=1316:xmas_g.png] [attachment=1317:xmasg2.png]
Attachments
xmasg2.png
xmasg2.png (964.22 KiB) Viewed 3459 times
xmas_g.png
xmas_g.png (1.05 MiB) Viewed 3467 times
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy

Post Dec 30th '07, 16:00

These untextured areas are both on the ceiling, so i assume they were landscapes. In the first patch, there were two different landscapes but they were put doubled in the shapes file, making four landscapes. Now shadow fixed it and there are just three of them, not doubled. Simply retexture it.
Last edited by Drictelt on Dec 30th '07, 16:00, edited 1 time in total.
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt

Post Dec 30th '07, 22:04

Alright, well, I just had a major virus and ultimately I had to reformat my computer, and this was coupled with an internet outage. So I've been out a few days. I'm pretty sure I have all of my Marathon stuff safely and properly backed up, though, so this shouldn't be a major issue, but it's a slowdown for anyone who's sent me stuff to look over.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 1st '08, 00:47

Drictelt wrote:These untextured areas are both on the ceiling, so i assume they were landscapes. In the first patch, there were two different landscapes but they were put doubled in the shapes file, making four landscapes. Now shadow fixed it and there are just three of them, not doubled. Simply retexture it.

That doesn't explain the hunters or fighters.
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy

Post Jan 1st '08, 01:43

The version of the shapes you are using probably just doesn't have the changed colour tables included.

$lave

Post Jan 1st '08, 01:45

yes he have, i sent him my copy whom works just fine. EDIT: on my comp :P:P
Last edited by CryoS on Jan 1st '08, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Jan 1st '08, 02:51

Which works fine :P

By Drictelt:

[attachment=1320:04.png]

By Me:

[attachment=1321:02.png]

Drictelt's gonna do the switches, and I'm gonna do everything else. All of the... 6 or so left, and of course the fiery ones.

The ship maker now hasnt textured it, and I haven't learned to texture it myself yet. I've made a few terminal picts as well, just generic ones though, not fer the maps or anything.

Also, scrumie has given up. His map wasnt really going very far anyway though.
Attachments
02.png
02.png (327.24 KiB) Viewed 3459 times
04.png
04.png (364.4 KiB) Viewed 3455 times

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Jan 1st '08, 13:12

oH i LihkE ThAth!
nice terminal/pattern buffer and nice recharges :D

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Jan 1st '08, 23:08

CryoS wrote:yes he have, i sent him my copy whom works just fine. EDIT: on my comp :P:P

Yes, your copy works fine, but the download patch doesn't! EDIT: The file he sent me doesn't include the "fire" color themes, just the "black" ones.
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy

Post Jan 1st '08, 23:54

wait wha??? then i play WITH the shapes i sent you and the pfhysics from the "Xmas_stuff" i have fire elite monsters...

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Jan 2nd '08, 13:38

So is there something else i can do other than making a second map and making more textures?

Drictelt

Post Jan 2nd '08, 16:41

CryoS wrote:wait wha??? then i play WITH the shapes i sent you and the pfhysics from the "Xmas_stuff" i have fire elite monsters...

Well, for hunters at least.
This is getting very strange, I hope it's not just me (again).

EDIT: Are hunter supposed to fire so much they barely move? Or is that another glitch?
Last edited by Phortiphy on Jan 2nd '08, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy

Post Jan 5th '08, 18:45

Now thats sexy.

But that isnt sexy.

The textures are finished, though some may need a bit of revision and the script is kinda screwed up. However, in their package they are epically larger than the 128x128 versions.

I propose that the 128x128 external versions come with the scenario, and the high res textures be optional. All of the 128x128 together only were 1 megabyte, and with the landscapes became 4.

I'll come up with soem crafty way to send them to Ryoko.

And that problem with the hunters is because the fire sequence was set to the walk sequence, so they are walking when they fire.

------------------------------------------

[attachment=1333:term3.jpg]
[attachment=1330:term1.jpg]
[attachment=1332:term2.jpg]
[attachment=1334:term5.jpg]
[attachment=1331:rockkin.jpg]

Couple term pics there aswell, note the red and green.

EDIT: Cursed .jpg format! Thou hath plagued my pictures!
Attachments
term5.jpg
term5.jpg (11.6 KiB) Viewed 3444 times
term3.jpg
term3.jpg (5.23 KiB) Viewed 3446 times
term2.jpg
term2.jpg (11.61 KiB) Viewed 3447 times
rockkin.jpg
rockkin.jpg (15.13 KiB) Viewed 3447 times
term1.jpg
term1.jpg (7.9 KiB) Viewed 3449 times
Last edited by Shadowbreaker on Jan 5th '08, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Jan 5th '08, 19:33

Shadowbreaker wrote:Thou hath plagued my pictures!

hast?

Drictelt

Post Jan 5th '08, 21:45

Pfhortipfhy wrote:That doesn't explain the hunters or fighters.

Well, hopefully my system won't reject the finished shapes.
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy

Post Jan 10th '08, 02:46

I like starship better.

It was my fond hope to have an actual picture of the ship, but the modeller has vanished and the sketch I did was bad, and became worse when I scanned it.

Please correct this, and give any suggestions, etc. I could probably make a bit more of an elaborate sideshot of the ship, but it may take quite a bit of distortion before I can get the perspective just right.

I just think starship sounds a bit cooler than spacship too, spaceship sounds more... oooo i wanna be a astronaut and ride in a spaceship

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Jan 10th '08, 16:01

Well, im 90% sure it was svensson instead of svennsion and i dont know how fond goran is of his umlaut but there is one on the o :) (if you cant type it, cöpy it)

also the first Alex looks pretty much like Allx

Furthermore nice, although i would make the stars white and spread them more cuz it took me some time to realize theyre stars (well are they?)

Drictelt

Post Jan 10th '08, 16:04

Hmm, I would keep the "stars" red, but I guess its just a matter of taste.
Mordekai

Post Jan 10th '08, 17:41

a likeh a like (alot)

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Jan 10th '08, 18:12

Looks great, what if instead of orange you used green though, seeing as it's Xmas and all? Just a thought.

$lave

Post Jan 10th '08, 18:19

Shadowbreaker wrote:But that isnt sexy.

What the heck? 120 MB is enough for two or three hundred 512x512 textures. Do you really have that many textures? Or are you not using DXTC :-p

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jan 10th '08, 18:59

You spelled my name wrong. And I don't think you want my map, it's quite bad. A mapper better than me could maybe get something good out of it but I doubt anyone can be bothered with that.

thomaslivingston
Lochgilphead, Scotland

Post Jan 10th '08, 19:18

Without seeing we'll never know

Drictelt

PreviousNext

Return to Projects