Rubicon X won't open

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Rubicon X won't open

Post Mar 6th '13, 08:55

I downloaded Aleph One and the Rubicon data and set it up just like the site said. When I open A1 I get a window opening telling me to select the scenario. I can't select any map or application so I have no other option but to quit. This seems to be the only 3rd party scenario that does this. Wuddup with that?
"He looked at his hands, but the fire in his eyes made him blink."

WeirdoYYY
Mars

Post Mar 6th '13, 10:58

The fancy "f" in the Rubicon folder's name causes problems on many systems; delete that character. If that doesn't fix it, post a screenshot of your directory structure, so we can see exactly how it's set up, and what operating system you're running.

By the way, that dialog is asking you to select a folder, not a map. It shows up when Aleph One can't find a map, shapes, etc. in its enclosing folder. Instead of moving Aleph One into the Rubicon folder, you could launch Aleph One and then choose the Rubicon folder to start the game. The "f" thing would still cause trouble either way, though.

Hopper

Post Mar 6th '13, 13:18

The Rubicon guys never tested with Windows...

and the Aleph One guys never remember to test with Rubicon X!

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Mar 6th '13, 17:23

Hopper wrote:The fancy "f" in the Rubicon folder's name causes problems on many systems; delete that character. If that doesn't fix it, post a screenshot of your directory structure, so we can see exactly how it's set up, and what operating system you're running.

By the way, that dialog is asking you to select a folder, not a map. It shows up when Aleph One can't find a map, shapes, etc. in its enclosing folder. Instead of moving Aleph One into the Rubicon folder, you could launch Aleph One and then choose the Rubicon folder to start the game. The "f" thing would still cause trouble either way, though.

I took that out and tried to select the folder. Aleph One still just quits. I'm running 10.7.5 but i'll put a screen up later.

WeirdoYYY
Mars

Post Mar 6th '13, 19:51

This thread doesn't belong in this section... [MDown]

Rubicon X works perfectly fine on my computer, and I'm using Windows. I actually have Aleph One in a different folder from the Rubicon data.

Destiny
TEXAS

Post Mar 6th '13, 20:28

I wasn't sure exactly where to put it haha. Sorry.

WeirdoYYY
Mars

Return to Projects