New Rubicon HUD - Need help

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

New Rubicon HUD - Need help

Post Jan 28th '14, 03:18

Hello, I've been working on editing this XBLA Rubicon HUD I downloaded to match the colors of the original Rubicon HUD.

The problem is the ammo counter for the magnum (and probably other weapons) shows up as green. I didn't find it anywhere in the folder which contained the HUD assets. How exactly do I edit it so that I can change the color? Is it possible? Along goes with the health, in case I also might want to edit that, too.

Thanks.

NobilityV3

Post Jan 28th '14, 23:07

No one really knows how to change the font color on the HUD? :wacko:

EDIT: Nevermind, finally figured it out.

NobilityV3

Post Jan 29th '14, 08:14

Nice, good job! I've checked out your plugin at Simplici7y and it looks adequate. How did you get your font color changed by the way? I never worked on a HUD plugin before but it wouldn't hurt to ask how you got it. :)
Corruptinator

Post Jan 29th '14, 09:07

Corruptinator wrote:Nice, good job! I've checked out your plugin at Simplici7y and it looks adequate. How did you get your font color changed by the way? I never worked on a HUD plugin before but it wouldn't hurt to ask how you got it. :)

This was my first time using LUA so I spent about 3 hours trying to figure out how to change the font color three hundred different ways. But I finally found the correct line which read:

"function drawReserve(text, offset)" which refers to the ammo counter for your weapons. And just below it was a 4-digit RGB code. So I simply made them all 0's to end up with the white color now on the HUD.

NobilityV3

Post Jan 30th '14, 00:16

Oh, nice. So the 4-Digit RGB needs to be modified. Good Job though!
Corruptinator

Post Aug 19th '14, 10:04

I recently did some work on the Rubicon HUD and improved the graphics a bit - I've attached my version and a screenshot for comparison.

I replaced all the interface graphics with proper ones from the old Rubicon HUD and re-did all the weapon graphics in HD. Go check it out.

XBLA-Style Rubicon HUD.zip
(762.49 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

rubiconhudv2-1.jpg

thedoctor45

Return to Projects