TC Dickin' (Youtube Seires)

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

TC Dickin' (Youtube Seires)

Post May 10th '14, 17:19

This is just a video series I'm gonna start doing for fun. Hopefully I can attract some people to play the Marathon games through this. By the way is there any good recording programs to use for video games?

TC Dickin' 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF2jfDybhMM

Black Heart_92

Post May 10th '14, 17:58

If I were you I would use Marathon Phoenix and hype it up to more than it really is.

Kill every enemy. Don't run past a single one. Help the clearly dated Monster AI seem competent.
Kill them in the most needlessly risky way possible.
Don't ever stop. Like the movie "Crank", slowing only so people can see that progression is logical in the level rather than just memorized.
Have somebody read the terminals aloud in the background so the Player needn't stop because no one wants to read terminals while watching a video.
If using Co-op, use unnecessarily complex teamwork to maintain the illusion of strategy fun.
Never ever exploit the AI in ways such as "bottle necking." Fun gameplay, not fun at all to watch.
Continually spout information about the level's story. I don't want to hear about how much you love relish on your hot dogs or some other random stuff.
and lastly,
DO BETTER THAN THE RAMPANCY PODCAST. They waste so much time in some of their videos. 7 minutes of talking about some dude we know nothing about, everyone has clicked away by then.
Shocktart

Post May 10th '14, 19:58

Shocktart wrote:DO BETTER THAN THE RAMPANCY PODCAST. They waste so much time in some of their videos. 7 minutes of talking about some dude we know nothing about, everyone has clicked away by then.

I disagree on this, but I can see how some people might not be so keen to watch it. In any case, I do think one should avoid copying their series and try something different, so your tips about speed, over-complex strategy, etc. do make sense.

PerseusSpartacus
Somewhere in the 19th Century...

Post May 11th '14, 05:10

I am actually going to get my friends to play co-op with me. I just need a good game play recorder. I'll check The Pirate Bay. This first video was just more like a test to see how well it would turn out. I can definitely go along and explain the story. I just have to get proper gear like a mic and a mouse. I'm playing with a track pad at the moment -_-

Thanks for the tips guys :)

All the Best,
Black Heart

Black Heart_92

Post May 11th '14, 06:48

Black Heart_92 wrote:I am actually going to get my friends to play co-op with me.

Watch James Cameron's: Aliens That's how it should be.
You turn a corner, see a Juggernaut, is it a big deal? No. No, not really.
Pretend it is, put yourselves in unnecessary danger.

Do things in sync!

Lastly: Weapon Staccato is important. Everyone firing in unison is something that would make any Marathon video fantastic. Is the AR the best weapon against a juggernaut? F*** no. But everyone firing at it with AR's would be cool.
Shocktart

Return to Projects