Jump LUA

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Jul 11th '08, 16:38

Recently i made a lua script that uses the microphone button for jumping. Unlike other jumping scripts (the cheat script) it will only let you jump while on the ground. This makes it so you can't go fly across the map. im only having one problem. How do I stop the microphone button from trying to activate the mic?

You can get the script here
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]

megabyte
Asympotatoes, Mars

Post Jul 11th '08, 16:58

Aren't you glad you improved alephone's lua treellama?

Wrkncacnter

Post Jul 11th '08, 17:15

You fall too slowly in the game for it to make it useful for dodging (or bunny hopping) and all the puzzles in the games are designed to be completed without this advantage. However, it could be useful for a TC or possibly a multiplayer match.

I give it 2 SPNKRs out of 5: [spnkr] [spnkr]

Also one other thing, You can't jump when on an active elevator (even a slow one).
Counter Attack on the Meta

Dodopod

Post Jul 11th '08, 17:33

W wrote:Aren't you glad you improved alephone's lua treellama?

Which is worse, a bunch of noobs gathering with jump scripts, or a bunch of prepubescent net mic chatter?

Megabyte, just set the flag to false after you read it in idle (like Cheats.lua does), that will stop the mic.

Edit: note that this does not mean I don't think posting your script is a terrible idea which will just give bad hosts a way to make their games even worse.
Last edited by treellama on Jul 11th '08, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jul 11th '08, 17:44

@Dodopod: You can jump on platforms. I just tested.

@Treellama: I tried that. It didn't work for some reason. I forgot to put it after the check. I accidentally put it in the check.
Last edited by megabyte on Jul 11th '08, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]

megabyte
Asympotatoes, Mars

Post Aug 27th '13, 15:44

I'm planning to implement this into the Halathon TC by default - objections will be ignored - (with the exception of them coming from the original creator of this script).

thedoctor45

Post Aug 27th '13, 16:05

thedoctor45 wrote:I'm planning to implement this into the Halathon TC by default - objections will be ignored - (with the exception of them coming from the original creator of this script).

Yes, please do. Halo without jumping is a paradox.

PerseusSpartacus
Somewhere in the 19th Century...

Post Aug 27th '13, 20:12

"PerseusSpartacus" wrote:paradox

Camillalan: You, sir, should unmask.
Stranger: Indeed?
Cassildoog: Indeed it's time. We all have laid aside disguise but you.
Stranger: I wear no mask.
Camillalan: (Terrified, aside to Cassildoog.) No mask? No mask!
Dugit in Yellow, Act I, Scene 2.
patrick
末法

Post Feb 20th '14, 20:46

PerseusSpartacus wrote:Halo without jumping

:huh: What's that?
Roses are rose red
Poems don't always make sense
Refridgerator
Dan
California

Post Feb 21st '14, 00:42