How to 'End' a a project...

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
dustu
Cyborg

Hi,

When you have a map with multiple levels, each level provides an interlevel teleport to the next (or some other) level.

How do people typically END a project? If you have 10 levels in your project, how do you end the 10th level? You can't really teleport to anything that makes sense.

In other words, how do you indicate the person has 'successfully' completed the project? That is, how do you set up a 'Game Over' indicator (to be overly simplistic). :)

Thanks! Interested in your ideas!
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

Teleport to level 256.
dustu
Cyborg

Pfhorrest wrote:Teleport to level 256.
Wow. LOL, I never realized you could do that! Thanks! I was actually thinking that I'd teleport to an empty room with a terminal thanking them for playing...hmmmm....cool.

Thanks Pfhorrest!
Tycho X
Cyborg

Pfhorrest wrote:Teleport to level 256.
I've actually begun wondering, does this mean you can *only* have 255 levels per scenario? Or could you actually just keep going by making the player teleport to level 257 and just skip 256 (then use 256 for the end)?

Not that I or any other person will actually create a scenario of that size, just want to know :ph34r:
Frog blast the vent core!
$lave wrote:Damnit bridgit, you are forgetting how fucking serious business the internet is.