Marathon: Infested *IMPORTANT UPDATE*

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Aug 17th '09, 21:56

Cold Fusion Games
Marathon: Infested is a fully 3D Marathon game, built from the ground up using a cross platform, stand-alone game engine.
Progress is plentiful...
Marathon: Infested

infestedsmith
USA

Post Aug 17th '09, 22:26

It all looks good. Except this phallus!

Are these spnkrghol's models or your own?
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Aug 18th '09, 13:16

I hate to sound like MethadonePuppy but it just looks so plasticky. Add some scratches and burn marks to the Juggernaut texture and maybe darken it up a bit. And, um, would it be a possibility for the death animations to have the chests of the fighters/troopers bursting open when they get blasted by the shotguns?
Also, back to the old race issue, you should probably put some gloves on him because the point seemed to be (from the original trilogy) that the character was you, and making him one specific ethnicity could ruin that effect for some people.
Last edited by Meta on Aug 18th '09, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.
Meta

Post Aug 18th '09, 18:53

irons: oops, that was unintended. Anyway, no, all the models/maps you see in these screenshots are mine, modeled from scratch. SpkrGhols models are REALLY good though. Especially for meshwork. Wow.

Meta: Hm... I see your point, but while darkening is a good thing, the original Marathon pre-rendered models had no scratches at all or anything like that. I'll see what I can do to make the textures more interesting, without adding unique scratches and marks. Btw, one of the reasons why the jugg looks flat, is because the Model shader I need, is broken, and I'm waiting on a new one that works.

As for the shotgun damage effect. While that's an awesome idea, the animation in dim3 is too awkward to handle something like that, plus the model has been redon so many times already. hah.

Lastly, the skin. Don't worry, I'll be putting gloves on the hands, but as I said in the update, I'm redoing the hand/arm model, so I'll retexture it then.
Last edited by infestedsmith on Aug 18th '09, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.
Cold Fusion Games
Marathon: Infested is a fully 3D Marathon game, built from the ground up using a cross platform, stand-alone game engine.
Progress is plentiful...
Marathon: Infested

infestedsmith
USA

Previous

Return to Projects