Marathon: Nova

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Jun 24th '09, 16:49

Okay, another update. I haven't been able to do much work lately, as exams were last week and I've been sick ever since those ended, but I can show a bit of what I have done. I seem to be getting better, however, so I'll try to get some decent work done this week.

Mainly all I've done is textured all of what I've done so far on a new map, as well as started one other. Here are a couple screenshots:

$lave

Post Jun 24th '09, 18:53

The levels look very nicely done, the bottom one kind of reminds me of Eternal. Do you have any idea on how many levels you plan to have in the final version, or is still to early in development to tell?

Lawstiker
Somewhere in the Sol System

Post Jun 24th '09, 19:25

Lawstiker wrote:The levels look very nicely done, the bottom one kind of reminds me of Eternal. Do you have any idea on how many levels you plan to have in the final version, or is still to early in development to tell?

Thanks.

As it is right now, we need around 13 to 16 levels. This is more of a minimum, though, and as the scenario is fleshed out more the number could end up closer to 20 - 25.

$lave

Post Jun 24th '09, 19:30

and then i start mapping so then it gets around 27-32

note to those interested:
i went to the supermarket a way from here and got myself a mobile broadband, since i am working at 3.6Mbit i wont get much done, but i am working to set up cinema, sheep and more asap. also just installed aim so now i can contact slave again.. hooray
Last edited by CryoS on Jun 24th '09, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Aug 8th '09, 18:59

You guys deserve an update, well we dont have one! yet...

Not atleast one worth showing yet. so i will upload this pic of the new Energy Rifle with the new hand/arm model. some retexturing will be done.

[attachment=2954:ER0019.jpg]
Attachments
ER0019.jpg
ER0019.jpg (33.05 KiB) Viewed 4911 times

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Aug 8th '09, 19:07

CryoS wrote:You guys deserve an update, well we dont have one! yet...

Not atleast one worth showing yet.

Well, this isn't exactly true. I simply don't plan on posting many screenshots anymore until the project is finished, or at least close to being finished. Not to say I won't be posting anything, but I won't be posting as much as I have been.

$lave

Post Aug 8th '09, 19:08

W/E man...

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Sep 5th '09, 04:11

A brief update on what's been going on. First of all, the mapping for the first chapter should be done fairly soon, as there are only two levels left to do for it. Once those are done I will need to remodel parts of the finished maps, and then I get into writing terminals for that chapter, touch up the texture set etc. Progress has also been made on the Mars texture set, enough that I've been able to start a map using that set, which helps me get an idea of what I need to work on with it. The weapons are also coming along well, as CryoS keeps improving on his models and designs.

So, a couple screenshots:

One of the finished levels for the first chapter:

Not an exciting screenshot, but this should give you slight idea of what the new mars set is like:

And a new weapon by CryoS:

$lave

Post Sep 5th '09, 04:14

that image was 2496x768 originally >.>

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Sep 5th '09, 04:44

incredible.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Sep 5th '09, 04:49

No fog?
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Sep 5th '09, 04:50

irons wrote:No fog?

I knew I forgot something :(

$lave

Post Sep 5th '09, 04:51

underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Sep 5th '09, 04:51

it doesn't look like you need much fog, just enough to slightly notice.

EDIT: lol, irons, you posted while i was typing. Damn you.
Last edited by tehWastedJamacan on Sep 5th '09, 04:52, edited 1 time in total.
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Sep 6th '09, 16:13

Yay Fog!!!

Wait...

Fog? This is Marathon...

Ali3nation

Post Sep 6th '09, 17:04

You have some catching up to do
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Sep 16th '09, 14:55

I'm really looking forward to this. Cryos is amazing at making guns. They remind me of the guns from Rubicon (not because of their style, but because like the guns in Rubicon, they are very original).

gmanyo

Post Sep 16th '09, 15:53

gmanyo wrote:I'm really looking forward to this. Cryos is amazing at making guns. They remind me of the guns from Rubicon (not because of their style, but because like the guns in Rubicon, they are very original).

thanks for the positive critique!

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Sep 16th '09, 23:51

And here, we spot the rare positive comment. this is a truly uncommon sight indeed. Not many see this in their lifetime, but, here before you, is one. Incredible.
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Sep 17th '09, 00:17

I know it's annoying to ask this, but oh well. How close is this scenario to done?

gmanyo

Post Sep 17th '09, 00:29

Haha, I see you are anxious to play some scenarios. They take time, if they are done properly.
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Sep 17th '09, 00:36

gmanyo wrote:I know it's annoying to ask this, but oh well. How close is this scenario to done?

Not very, but it's still going well. In terms of mapping, I guess I have about 4 out of 15 maps 'done', but that doesn't include revisions to the map, and some maps will probably be almostentirely re-done. That also doesn't account for writing terminals, which will likely take quite awhile to do well. 3 out of 4 texture sets are complete enough to be used, but those also still need work (some more than others). The story is complete enough that I know where the player will be in every level, but there isn't very much depth to it right now. The timing of the weapons is definitely not an issue, as CryoS tends to work ahead of my anyway. There are models of both 'new' monsters, but those will not be shown until some sort of release of the game, which will be the first release of a completed scenario unless we should put together a quick demo at some point.

It's hard to give any sort of 'time' as to when the scenario will be done, as it depends on how much time I put into the scenario, but even a June release would probably be quite ambitious.

$lave

Post Sep 17th '09, 00:42

$lave wrote:Not very, but it's still going well. In terms of mapping, I guess I have about 4 out of 15 maps 'done', but that doesn't include revisions to the map, and some maps will probably be almostentirely re-done. That also doesn't account for writing terminals, which will likely take quite awhile to do well. 3 out of 4 texture sets are complete enough to be used, but those also still need work (some more than others). The story is complete enough that I know where the player will be in every level, but there isn't very much depth to it right now. The timing of the weapons is definitely not an issue, as CryoS tends to work ahead of my anyway. There are models of both 'new' monsters, but those will not be shown until some sort of release of the game, which will be the first release of a completed scenario unless we should put together a quick demo at some point.

It's hard to give any sort of 'time' as to when the scenario will be done, as it depends on how much time I put into the scenario, but even a June release would probably be quite ambitious.

I just hope it's done before I get tired of Marathon.

gmanyo

Post Sep 17th '09, 10:28

ouch

BTW wasted, please remove the dying spht form you sig, its utterly annoying.
Last edited by CryoS on Sep 17th '09, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Sep 17th '09, 22:38

is it better now? i still can get it to be transparent
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

PreviousNext

Return to Projects