Marathon : Vengeance

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Jul 28th '09, 12:39

Playing Rubicon and Eternal has raised my standards for story pretty high, how are you going to deliver? Can we get some info on the storyline? Also, *raises gun to head* listen to Moppy. *Bang!*
Meta

Post Jul 28th '09, 13:00

ZION wrote:ok ok everone here it is the OFFICIAL Marathon : Vengeance title screen that has made it into the game(maybe a few tweeks in the future)but where pretty pleased with i and we hope you are to.


I don't know if Nameless told you, but I made something a bit like that a few years ago...



I've got the PSD for that floating around, if you're really interested in seeing how I made it. I did infact fix the typo in it :P
User avatar

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Jul 28th '09, 13:57

Yummy.
Meta

Post Jul 28th '09, 17:38

lol vengance. I really like that one shadow.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
User avatar

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Jul 28th '09, 20:23

Vengeance is spelled wrong :)
its Vengeance...
but that is sick.
What are BOBs for if not to !REDRUM
BetrayedLocust
Speeding through the Colony Ship....

Post Jul 28th '09, 21:24

he said he fixed the typo.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
User avatar

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Jul 29th '09, 00:32

Thanks vengeance team, this is the second time you have inspired me to make a title screen for my own scenario!



Hopefully I can finish this one.
User avatar

Wrkncacnter

Post Jul 29th '09, 01:00

W wrote:Thanks vengeance team, this is the second time you have inspired me to make a title screen for my own scenario!



Hopefully I can finish this one.

Excellent use of random object placement and just superb base layer color blending. We all could stand to take a few lessons from a true master of the art of title screens.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
User avatar

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post Jul 29th '09, 05:35

Image
Kurinn

Post Jul 29th '09, 13:56

ya know normally after seeing all that stuff id be pretty pissed...but im just gonna turn the other cheek so to speak.cuz where rly working hard on this and its not easy and that kind of stuff isnt rly helping at all so can we please keep the down talk to a minimum [MSmile]
Last edited by xZIONx on Jul 29th '09, 14:14, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

xZIONx

Post Jul 29th '09, 15:13

ZION wrote:ya know normally after seeing all that stuff id be pretty pissed...but im just gonna turn the other cheek so to speak.cuz where rly working hard on this and its not easy and that kind of stuff isnt rly helping at all so can we please keep the down talk to a minimum [MSmile]


Yeah, I think we know who the real DOUCHEs are here.
User avatar

$lave

Post Jul 29th '09, 15:19

ZION wrote:ya know normally after seeing all that stuff id be pretty pissed...but im just gonna turn the other cheek so to speak.cuz where rly working hard on this and its not easy and that kind of stuff isnt rly helping at all so can we please keep the down talk to a minimum [MSmile]

Can you please keep the text message speak to a minimum? There is no 160 character limit here, and you have a real keyboard with a shift key.
Last edited by treellama on Jul 29th '09, 15:20, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jul 29th '09, 16:20

ZION wrote:ya know normally after seeing all that stuff id be pretty pissed...but im just gonna turn the other cheek so to speak.cuz where rly working hard on this and its not easy and that kind of stuff isnt rly helping at all so can we please keep the down talk to a minimum [MSmile]


Since when was it an imperative that anyone helps you?

Also, if English is your first language, you should spend more time in school, rather than wasting your time on this project.
Image
Kurinn

Post Jul 29th '09, 19:01

Kurinn wrote:Since when was it an imperative that anyone helps you?

Also, if English is your first language, you should spend more time in school, rather than wasting your time on this project.


If your life wasn't so shitty , you wouldn't be here would you.
All you people do is ridicule shit that is good.
Because You CANT Do IT.
So FUCK YOU.
What are BOBs for if not to !REDRUM
BetrayedLocust
Speeding through the Colony Ship....

Post Jul 29th '09, 19:11

Have you seen what Kurinn has been doing? I wouldn't talk if i were you. Kurinn not only shows progress in his scenario, but it looks amazing.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
User avatar

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Jul 29th '09, 19:18

pardon me for being crude but...cant we all just get along.we don't need to be fighting each other or anybody at all
User avatar

xZIONx

Post Jul 29th '09, 19:55

NamelessX wrote:If your life wasn't so shitty , you wouldn't be here would you.
All you people do is ridicule shit that is good.
Because You CANT Do IT.
So FUCK YOU.


Wow. I touched a nerve or something there, apparently.

You yourself must really live in a perpetual state of suck, huh?

And by the way, what shit is good shit? I think you've shown us a lot of shit, but I fail to see where your shit negates it's own innate shit qualities to become something other than shit. If you have some really good shit, it must be some sort of self-contradictory miracle.

Just shut up already, until you have something worthwhile to show for all of your vaporous boasting. Nobody cares about your shit, no matter how good it is in your own opinion, unless you try to give them something of substance. Some jpeg that you whipped up in a half hour or less doesn't add up to any measure of substance, nor does it represent progress. In fact, title graphics and chapter screens should probably be right at the end of your priorities, after actually creating content for the game itself. It's the equivalent of making a shitty cardboard box and crayon mock-up of the box you're going to ship your non-existent product in, and then trying to pass it off as having done something important. Ass-backwards in every sense of the word.

Did you think that you could get people talking about your project by doing this? I guess you did, but the effect is opposite of what you had in mind, I think. You would have been better off at least posting some kind of tangible proof of progress, like a screenshot of some sort. Fishman made a whole goddamn little blog setup for his project's screenshots, and no matter what I could say at the time about how rough his work looked, it's a fair shade above what you have any day, that is to say, it's something, and you have nothing.

You just don't seem to understand that this isn't some elementary school diorama competition, where everyone is expected to go "Ooh, what a good job, Billy!" Most everyone here contributes what they do because they want to create something, not because they desperately seek the attention they couldn't receive from their peers or family for whatever reason. Sure, I enjoy it when I put up a screenshot of whatever crap I just cooked up and people like it, but I don't expect them to, and in fact I kind of hope that they knock it down a peg or two so that I can make it better.

If you disagree with me, that's fine. I really don't care except to let you know how much I think your way of approaching things sucks.

All I will say is this, if we had a moderator around here, who could delete or lock shit threads such as this one until there's proof that any real progress has come about, and the entire thread isn't just flamebait, then I think we would all be better off. Then we could just keep stupid shit in INFINITYS, and Chat and such, and save room for real discussions in the Projects board.

You don't even have a damn project here, you have a PR campaign for the scenario equivalent of a dead, decomposing cow carcass with the word "horse" spray-painted on the side in shit-stain green #6.
Image
Kurinn

Post Jul 29th '09, 20:09

Kurinn wrote:Wow. I touched a nerve or something there, apparently.

You yourself must really live in a perpetual state of suck, huh?

And by the way, what shit is good shit? I think you've shown us a lot of shit, but I fail to see where your shit negates it's own innate shit qualities to become something other than shit. If you have some really good shit, it must be some sort of self-contradictory miracle.

Just shut up already, until you have something worthwhile to show for all of your vaporous boasting. Nobody cares about your shit, no matter how good it is in your own opinion, unless you try to give them something of substance. Some jpeg that you whipped up in a half hour or less doesn't add up to any measure of substance, nor does it represent progress. In fact, title graphics and chapter screens should probably be right at the end of your priorities, after actually creating content for the game itself. It's the equivalent of making a shitty cardboard box and crayon mock-up of the box you're going to ship your non-existent product in, and then trying to pass it off as having done something important. Ass-backwards in every sense of the word.

Did you think that you could get people talking about your project by doing this? I guess you did, but the effect is opposite of what you had in mind, I think. You would have been better off at least posting some kind of tangible proof of progress, like a screenshot of some sort. Fishman made a whole goddamn little blog setup for his project's screenshots, and no matter what I could say at the time about how rough his work looked, it's a fair shade above what you have any day, that is to say, it's something, and you have nothing.

You just don't seem to understand that this isn't some elementary school diorama competition, where everyone is expected to go "Ooh, what a good job, Billy!" Most everyone here contributes what they do because they want to create something, not because they desperately seek the attention they couldn't receive from their peers or family for whatever reason. Sure, I enjoy it when I put up a screenshot of whatever crap I just cooked up and people like it, but I don't expect them to, and in fact I kind of hope that they knock it down a peg or two so that I can make it better.

If you disagree with me, that's fine. I really don't care except to let you know how much I think your way of approaching things sucks.

All I will say is this, if we had a moderator around here, who could delete or lock shit threads such as this one until there's proof that any real progress has come about, and the entire thread isn't just flamebait, then I think we would all be better off. Then we could just keep stupid shit in INFINITYS, and Chat and such, and save room for real discussions in the Projects board.

You don't even have a damn project here, you have a PR campaign for the scenario equivalent of a dead, decomposing cow carcass with the word "horse" spray-painted on the side in shit-stain green #6.

i see your point we have just been beating around the bush trying to get reactions from people.and your right the stuff we have been posting should come at the very end if at all. we were just very exited to start getting back to work.



but i don't know...this whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth.part of me wants to continue but the other part just wants to avoid confrontation at all costs and that means stopping the project all together or just me leaving...so im going to stop f-ing around and get back to work.
User avatar

xZIONx

Post Jul 29th '09, 20:17

im just trying not to provoke anything more [MFrown]
User avatar

xZIONx

Post Jul 29th '09, 20:20

Here's how to avoid getting this sort of "negative confrontation": Stop posting until your scenario is done.
User avatar

$lave

Post Jul 29th '09, 20:22

$lave wrote:Here's how to avoid getting this sort of "negative confrontation": Stop posting until your scenario is done.

yup and that's exactly what where going to do
User avatar

xZIONx

Post Jul 29th '09, 20:48

$lave wrote:Here's how to avoid getting this sort of "negative confrontation": Stop posting until your scenario is done.

However, on the very unlikely event that this scenario actually is finished, you then run the risk of finding out your scenario sucks only after releasing a supposed final version. I guess the solution is to post in an environment where non-helpful posts like douche title screens and their vulgar replies are removed by an admin, and constructive criticism (such as, do something besides the damned title screen!) is allowed to remain in the thread.
User avatar

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jul 29th '09, 21:25

Treellama wrote:I guess the solution is to post in an environment where non-helpful posts like douche title screens and their vulgar replies are removed by an admin, and constructive criticism (such as, do something besides the damned title screen!) is allowed to remain in the thread.

Yeah! In fact, I bet if nameless created his own forum, it would be very successful.
User avatar

Wrkncacnter

Post Jul 29th '09, 21:35

Oh wow, thats gotta sting.
acks45
20 Minowere Dr. Fromidlov, Canada.

Post Jul 29th '09, 23:19

NamelessX wrote:If your life wasn't so shitty , you wouldn't be here would you.
All you people do is ridicule shit that is good.
Because You CANT Do IT.
So FUCK YOU.
(Also, I can't seem to understand that I am naught but material for the schadenfreude of others and should just leave this place.)

We're here not because our lives are horrible but because we appreciate Marathon and the Pfhorums community and enjoy contributing to both, we're here because you keep bumping this nothing topic with useless progress updates that show no progress at all and just reveal that your hunger for attention is such that it has driven you to completely abandon the constraints of reality, sadly within its domain still lies your juvenile attention span and so I advise your ego to dig itself out of whatever shit hole it has found itself in and keep you in check.
Last edited by Meta on Jul 29th '09, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.
Meta

PreviousNext

Return to Projects



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users