Marathon : Vengeance

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Jul 28th '09, 05:27

I've made it clear that I'm not too optimistic at this point, that does not mean I want the project to fail. Quite the opposite actually, new content for Aleph One is always a good thing.
Meta

Post Jul 28th '09, 05:30

it just didnt look like it thats all

xZIONx

Post Jul 28th '09, 05:48

I don't understand what is going on. I thought discouraging new people to modding was solely the job of the CLIQUE, not people like Meta and friends.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Jul 28th '09, 05:54

The CLIQUE moved on to bigger things and left us to pick up the habits we once criticized them for, this place is so damn comical. And yes, I have been being kind of an asshole but rest assured I don't actually wish any ill of this scenario.
Meta

Post Jul 28th '09, 05:58

well cool thats means alot to me and Nameless especially me being a noob and whatnot [MSmile]

xZIONx

Post Jul 28th '09, 06:39

Meta wrote:The CLIQUE moved on to bigger things and left us to pick up the habits we once criticized them for, this place is so damn comical. And yes, I have been being kind of an asshole but rest assured I don't actually wish any ill of this scenario.

Actually a lot of Clique members are still here... Ryoko and Treellama, and that other guy. If there's gonna be a new Clique I wants in, my turn to flame n00bs and feel awesome and superior as I sit by my computer, alone. In the cold.

As a side note, Chuck Norris will falcon kick you if you double post again.
Major Pedro

Post Jul 28th '09, 06:46

i'm working on a beta level atm.
called , The Deep End...
What are BOBs for if not to !REDRUM
BetrayedLocust
Speeding through the Colony Ship....

Post Jul 28th '09, 06:47

and i am working on the REAL title screen atm

xZIONx

Post Jul 28th '09, 06:58

Now I think about it, you can use the maps from Fusion (my own title screen scenario) if you want. I played through the beta of it yesterday and it was so damn buggy I realised it was never going anywhere. You just have to put my name (and Chinkeeyong's) in the credits if you do.
Last edited by Major Pedro on Jul 28th '09, 06:59, edited 1 time in total.
Major Pedro

Post Jul 28th '09, 07:23

Major Pedro wrote:Actually a lot of Clique members are still here... Ryoko and Treellama, and that other guy. If there's gonna be a new Clique I wants in, my turn to flame n00bs and feel awesome and superior as I sit by my computer, alone. In the cold.

As a side note, Chuck Norris will falcon kick you if you double post again.

I didn't mean that they were gone, just that they were now above flaming things into the ground. The innuendo's still there though, thank god.
Also, why is double posting so taboo? It seems rather illogical for me to have to wait for someone else to post before expressing my views jsut because I would consequently have two posts in a row.
Last edited by Meta on Jul 28th '09, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.
Meta

Post Jul 28th '09, 07:27

Meta wrote:I didn't mean that they were gone, just that they were now above flaming things into the ground. The innuendo's still there though, thank god.
Also, why is double posting so taboo? It seems rather illogical for me to have to wait for someone else to post before expressing my views jsut because I would consequently have two posts in a row.

But your two posts are identical. We got the idea first time round.
Major Pedro

Post Jul 28th '09, 07:33

Didn't notice that, just a matter of pressing the "Submit Post" button too many times. Shitstorm averted, stop bitching and moaning.
Meta

Post Jul 28th '09, 07:50

I'm glad you guys can make some light out of this situation...
Last edited by BetrayedLocust on Jul 28th '09, 07:53, edited 1 time in total.
BetrayedLocust

Post Jul 28th '09, 07:50

LOL

xZIONx

Post Jul 28th '09, 07:52

Aww, I missed the flamewar?
Kurinn

Post Jul 28th '09, 07:54

Kurinn wrote:Aww, I missed the flamewar?

no...it was more like a "flame slap fight"

xZIONx

Post Jul 28th '09, 07:55

yet another shitstorm averted
BetrayedLocust

Post Jul 28th '09, 07:59

NamelessX wrote:I like cock

Not anymore, bitch!
Meta

Post Jul 28th '09, 08:02

Meta wrote:Not anymore, bitch!

ShitStorm .... not averted... :D
BetrayedLocust

Post Jul 28th '09, 08:15

ok ok everone here it is the OFFICIAL Marathon : Vengeance title screen that has made it into the game(maybe a few tweeks in the future)but where pretty pleased with i and we hope you are to.
Attachments
venwipruff.jpg
venwipruff.jpg (316.81 KiB) Viewed 4880 times

xZIONx

Post Jul 28th '09, 08:18

Opinions ? open to opinion
BetrayedLocust

Post Jul 28th '09, 09:08

NamelessX wrote:Opinions ? open to opinion

Title screens is not what makes a scenario.
Heck, Marathon: Doog had a badass menu.

The only scenario I made was THE MARATHON TRILOGY BOOK PRESENTATION. [color="#FFFF00"]**sparkle-sparkle****

Which tried to convince Bungie to make a book about Marathon like it did for Halo.
Think of the life that would have brought to Marathon.

Scenarios based on the book, a true canon ending to the series or maybe just the Bungie end, people reading learning Marathon was also a game, find interest and end up here.
Maybe people with imagination and artistic talent to make scenarios and help others with no artistic talent realize they're scenario ideas quickly and without delay.
Might have created a push from the readers to get Bungie to make a remake.

If all of this had come to pass that small little jewel of a 1-level scenario with no fancy title screen may have been the greatest most beneficial scenarios of them all.
It failed however, and Bungie is on to more things involving Halo more than ever.

What my point is, is that if you just make a decent scenario, you don't need a title screen.
If you have a title screen and retarded levels that are made simply to let people know that a scenario exists, is DOOMED.

What is it with all these degenerate Betas coming out anyway?

Here is a challenge, place all your focus onto ONE level. Release that as a Beta, A GOOD BETA, and then call for help.
I'm sure someone... (If you prove yourselves) ...will get excited and help you make something great.
Last edited by MoppyPuppy on Jul 28th '09, 09:09, edited 1 time in total.
MoppyPuppy
Lake Nebagamon, WI

Post Jul 28th '09, 09:15

what do u think we are doing...its coming along slowly this is just here to show how hard we have been working on it

xZIONx

Post Jul 28th '09, 10:34

MoppyPuppy wrote:Here is a challenge, place all your focus onto ONE level. Release that as a Beta, A GOOD BETA, and then call for help.
I'm sure someone... (If you prove yourselves) ...will get excited and help you make something great.[/size]

But that makes actual, logical sense. If someone on the Pfhorums tried that their heads would asplode.

As a side note I made a brilliant beta level for winter, and still my scenario was made of dirt and feces.
Major Pedro

Post Jul 28th '09, 11:01

ZION wrote:what do u think we are doing...its coming along slowly this is just here to show how hard we have been working on it

But you can't do that with a title screen.
MoppyPuppy
Lake Nebagamon, WI

PreviousNext

Return to Projects