Winter 1- The Venom

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Mar 21st '09, 22:09

Are you playing with 128x128 resolution on the textures? I always tend to play with the maximum resolution possible, even on older machines.

The terminals, Drictelt lights, bitmap 61, and bitmap 70 are all in .png, rather than .dds, for various reasons. From a distance the terminals and lights would look like ass, and plus .dds distorts them a bit too. Maybe Aleph One is having an issue shrinking those?

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Mar 21st '09, 22:43

Haha, if you used my machine, and used your tendancies, you'd see why I play with 128x128 textures. [MLaugh]
I understand you're passionate about people viewing them in the best quality, but I simply can't.

Do you mean that alephone misaligned the terminal texture? It would be weird since that screenshot look pretty much the same with highres textures turned off (only using the shapesfile).

What I'm getting at is that the first terminal can be hard to spot. At this point in the level I haven't seen how the terminals look. It's a bit sneaky to disguise a red terminal among red computer textures, especially for the first terminal in the game.
Last edited by goran on Mar 21st '09, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.

goran

Post Mar 22nd '09, 08:05

Since it's Zenith talking to you on the terminal, wouldnt it be more logical if it were white anyway?
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt

Post Apr 4th '09, 18:16

I just downloaded this scenario last night. I'm on level 3, and I'm a little confused as to what comes next, but I'll figure it out. Good job guys. I like the hunters that shoot fire. They explode even if you don't use grenades or fusion. Now that's a spicy meatball!
GOT MUSIC? I compose. CLICK HERE! Download my music free or request something tailored to your specifications by PMing me.
SynthNinja

Post Apr 5th '09, 01:58

'ere now-this is for Marathon infinity, right?
I've got the maps, shapes, music, scripts, images from Inf, plus Aleph one in there.. If I do what the read me sez, then I should be good to go

just wondering...
tried it before and Aleph one told me I hadn't installed it correctly. Hmmm......
thanks

JB
john_brine

Post Apr 5th '09, 02:03

Nevermind- I'm a bit of a dumbass. did what it said in the readme, and Bam ! Winter was....
must have missed some pfhiles......
so off I go to bag me some Pfhor.....

thanks
john_brine

Post Apr 5th '09, 19:28

Okay, it looks like I'm stuck on Faktree, and I have a hunch it might be an error. I did exactly what Zenith instructed- destroy the two circuits. Then I go back to the terminal and he says how he isn't sure he destroyed every trace, and he says "That's your job." Am I supposed to be jumping to the next level after that or is there something I'm missing?
GOT MUSIC? I compose. CLICK HERE! Download my music free or request something tailored to your specifications by PMing me.
SynthNinja

Post Apr 5th '09, 23:16

Download the updated map on page 1... I've been slacking lately...

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Apr 6th '09, 04:03

Thanks. I missed that post the first time around. I'll see if that fixes the problem.
SynthNinja

Post Apr 7th '09, 23:33

gosh this is a really good one-lots of "holy sh__" moments, as in, "Okay, I hit this switch and holy sh__ where did all those
Pfhor come from?" Okay, I'm stuck on Electric Sheep One, after Wishbone, kind of a cross shaped dealie with lava pits and no light, so it's hard to see what to do, apart from die, which I'm not too keen on...so a hint would be nice

thanks

JB
john_brine

Post Apr 8th '09, 00:34

Care to take a screenshot of the level you are on?

Electric Sheep One is the 5th level in Marathon Infinity, as is Faktree, the level after Wishbone. You can't see anything because I made all of the other textures black, so they'd take up less space. I think your problem is that you have the infinity map selected in your preferences, rather than the Winter one, but you have the Winter shapes and stuff still there. (you're not supposed to be in electric sheep one)

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Apr 8th '09, 17:51

thanks for the help, Shadowbreak-nice job by you and your group, btw
here's a screenie-whatever you please, and I"m...confused[attachment=2629:whatever_map.png]
Attachments
whatever_map.png
whatever_map.png (80.23 KiB) Viewed 4666 times
john_brine

Post Apr 8th '09, 18:19

Winter I isn't packaged like most scenarios. You need to go to Environment -> Preferences and choose "Winter I Map" (or whatever it's called), Winter Shapes, and put Winter.mml in your Scripts folder when you want to play it.

Then when you're done, and want to go back to Infinity, you need to select the Infinity map, Infinity shapes, and remove Winter MML from your Scripts folder.

Failure to follow these steps will result in you playing on the wrong map, like your screenshot shows :)

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Apr 8th '09, 20:32

What I do is putting it in a separate folder with a copy of aleph one
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt

Post Apr 8th '09, 20:51

Drictelt wrote:What I do is putting it in a separate folder with a copy of aleph one

You will still need to go into Environment if you do this, unless you have installed Infinity scenario MML, or the Winter scenario MML I posted earlier, which I suspect coffee did not do.
Last edited by treellama on Apr 8th '09, 20:51, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Apr 8th '09, 21:45

Once, yes.
yeah, you're right, but you don't have to move your scripts around.
Last edited by Drictelt on Apr 8th '09, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.

Drictelt

Post Apr 27th '09, 04:10

SynthNinja wrote:Okay, it looks like I'm stuck on Faktree, and I have a hunch it might be an error. I did exactly what Zenith instructed- destroy the two circuits. Then I go back to the terminal and he says how he isn't sure he destroyed every trace, and he says "That's your job." Am I supposed to be jumping to the next level after that or is there something I'm missing?

I'm stuck on Faktree - same situation. I have the latest version, but can not figure out how to finish the level.
johnle

Previous

Return to Projects