Marathon Remake

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Apr 23rd '09, 12:18

I'm not interested in making a scenario. thats not what i signed on for. Your stilted poll at the beginning of whichever of the two threads on this topic it was that had the poll was designed for yes answers. Idon't think that i want anything to do with the making of a scenario. though all this discussion has made me realise this quite clearly.
acks45
20 Minowere Dr. Fromidlov, Canada.

Post Apr 23rd '09, 13:17

ack45 wrote:Idon't think that i want anything to do with the making of a scenario.

Least of all this scenario, with these guys.
Last edited by treellama on Apr 23rd '09, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Apr 23rd '09, 13:18

My sentiments exactly, no offense.
acks45

Post Apr 23rd '09, 21:19

Uh, yeah. I don't really think this is going anywhere. This has been attempted before, by much more.... uh.... experienced people. I just really can't imagine this making any progress off the concept phase.

I've seen this done like 7 times, and nobody has actually done anything other then a few models.

QUOTE(Alan)
So that means ALL YOU PEOPLE who AGREED WITH W'RKNCACNTER ARE STUPID, AND THAT MEANS HE'S IGNORANT, AND THAT MEANS ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO AGREED WITH HIM ARE IGNORANT TOO! So I'm not ignorant which makes me not diluted. YOU ARE.[/quote]
DeepThought

Post Apr 24th '09, 03:18

Yeah, I've read about that happening over and over. Maybe it's a cursed idea. Still, even one map on a new engine is something to look forward to. I think UESC is right, we should stick with multiplayer for the time being, since making those maps would be both fun and develop map-making skills for the new engine. Forget the 1P mode for now.
GOT MUSIC? I compose. CLICK HERE! Download my music free or request something tailored to your specifications by PMing me.
SynthNinja

Post Apr 24th '09, 03:37

Last edited by acks45 on Apr 24th '09, 03:40, edited 1 time in total.
acks45

Post Apr 24th '09, 03:49

Go team.
GOT MUSIC? I compose. CLICK HERE! Download my music free or request something tailored to your specifications by PMing me.
SynthNinja

Post Apr 24th '09, 04:27

The community spirit in this topic is palpable.
Paracelsur

Post Apr 24th '09, 05:28

I guess no one in the pfhorums really likes this idea. Still, I think I'll go along with it.
***INCOMING MESSAGE FROM UESCSUPERHUMAN***

Those of you who play Halo 3, you aren't that good at killing things.
I'm not impressed. Long Live Marathon, Halo 3 Fanboys!!!

***END OF MESSAGE***

uescsuperhuman
Orange County

Post Apr 24th '09, 06:10

Purdeo's on your side. He's got modeling Skillz.
acks45

Post Apr 24th '09, 07:20

well yeah pedro is and so is synth but it is just us 3, but that is fine for now. We will have to expand one day though.
Still, I think that just us 3 would get a kick out of our own Marathon Multiplayer mod, even if no one cared about it.
Whatever happens with this project, we'll make this our best.

***END OF MESSAGE***

uescsuperhuman
Orange County

Post Apr 24th '09, 14:08

Hey hey, if Im right someone contacted me trough my site, and yeah Im quite excited inti beign involved in this project (if this is the project), so send me a PM with your mails or the info you need related to my Phor models...

Cheers... [MGrin]

freakmean16

Post Apr 24th '09, 14:37

Well I didn't send you a message at all but I will still look into your stuff.

***END OF MESSAGE***

uescsuperhuman
Orange County

Post May 3rd '09, 21:09

Midvalve X Test
http://vimeo.com/4453051

I put this here just to let you guys know we've been working on the "project". We aren't dead (mod-wise).
We won't be checking this forum much anymore or posting here either. We just need a clear head to think with, which is impossible when you have 6000 different ideas shot at you.
It took so long to work on this because I was having a lot of trouble importing textures, which I ended up putting off.
Last edited by uescsuperhuman on May 3rd '09, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.

***END OF MESSAGE***

uescsuperhuman
Orange County

Post May 5th '09, 03:33

mPS NOT BD FOR A MULTIPLAYER MOD.... you should worry a little more about the system than the maps atm.

also, stop typing s#!7 over the video, i want to SEE what you are doing....
acks45

Post May 5th '09, 05:11

The map was good. I had no problem with the text.
SynthNinja

Post May 5th '09, 12:27

I too felt I had to read between the lines a bit to see the demonstration.

Perhaps in the future you could freeze the frame for large blocks of text...or be brief?
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.

effigy

Post May 5th '09, 17:07

also. this doesnt look like marathon at all... figure out importing textures into hammer, it's pretty easy once you figure it out.
acks45

Post May 5th '09, 22:13

ack45 wrote:also. this doesnt look like marathon at all... figure out importing textures into hammer, it's pretty easy once you figure it out.

Yeah, but i wouldn't have gotten anything done if I spent too much time on that. Major Pedro is doing that at the moment.

***END OF MESSAGE***

uescsuperhuman
Orange County

Post May 10th '09, 05:23

There is always the option of splitting the video up into text that explains the footage that follows, i.e:

"amazingly realistic physics" [insert footage of said physics here[

followed by:

"Intense multi-floor combat" [insert footage pertaining to this idea]

and then:

"Crouching and jumping" [insert footage of crouching, jumping, crawling through ventilation ducts, etc.]
SynthNinja

Previous

Return to Projects