Wolfenstein 3D (Mac) to Marathon Mini-Mod

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Jul 12th '09, 02:50

Wolfenstein 3D (Mac) to Marathon Mini-Mod

A little mini-project I started last year and finished over this summer. Originally I wasn't going to release it at all, it was just going to be practice, but ultimately decided too anyways. Naturally, I don't own any of it. Feel free to try it out, modify it, and such. A pack with all my file progression can be downloaded through the link, with lots of repeat files, which is why it is very large. (about 170 mbs)

I know they already have Wolfenstein conversions for Doom, but then again, I always thought that Marathon was a superior Doom. [MLaugh]

I attached an extended readme that talks a little more about what I did then included in the actual download. Read it if you want, or don't.

Enjoy!
Attachments

[The extension doc has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by Zott on Jul 13th '09, 06:51, edited 1 time in total.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Jul 12th '09, 08:20

See everybody, this is how to properly announce a project you've been working on. Thank you Zott for not spamming the pfhorums with a title screen and ideas for a project without being able to back any of it up when you first started working on this.

Wrkncacnter

Post Jul 12th '09, 15:33

lol Marathon Enemi

good times...
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Jul 13th '09, 11:07

And of course Enemi 2 Marathon Vengeance. Would you mind uploading a version with just the essentials and no repeat files, I have a very slow connection and am itching to try this out.
Meta

Post Jul 13th '09, 18:54

Meta wrote:Would you mind uploading a version with just the essentials and no repeat files, I have a very slow connection and am itching to try this out.

If you just want to play the mini-mod there is a download link to the Zip file that has just the essential stuff needed to play the first level, which I believe is 12mb or so. The other larger file contains all the stuff that he used/developed in his making of this mod. The larger file was just uploaded for those that would like to look at how it was developed or those that would be interested in continuing it.

Anyway cool job on this Zott, it been ages since I played Wolfenstein and it was fun taking a trip back to it and was really close to the orginal level. The only thing that was weird was how the guy moved kind of fast, but other than that it was pretty fun.

Lawstiker
Somewhere in the Sol System

Post Aug 13th '09, 16:36

This is a great mod. Good work.
Cold Fusion Games
Marathon: Infested is a fully 3D Marathon game, built from the ground up using a cross platform, stand-alone game engine.
Progress is plentiful...
Marathon: Infested

infestedsmith
USA

Post Jul 24th '10, 03:10

The download links for the mod expired after a year so, rather than re-upload the exact same mod, I decided to change a couple things that had bugged me post-release.

Also, bobwithkeycard offered some useful advice on how to isolate sounds from Wolfensteign 3D for Mac, so I wanted to take advantage of that insight to add more sounds and authentic-ness into the level.

So have fun with version 1.01, the download links are the same as in the first post.

Changelog 1.01:
Added new sounds: death, enemies, doors etc.
Adjusted secret door speed
Fixed improperly textured walls
Converted Wall bmp files to DDS and cleaned up mml
Increased damage faithfulness
Changed the enemy motion sensor icons
Chapter screen now loads properly
Various other Fixes
Last edited by Zott on Jul 24th '10, 03:11, edited 1 time in total.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Jul 24th '10, 04:26

beautiful project.... One could make this into a very cool A1 port of Wolf3d

I turned my vertical sensitivity to 0 and turned off always run.
"Escape will make me God"

zero
Tau Ceti or bust!

Post Jul 27th '10, 02:17

tehWastedJamacan wrote:lol Marathon Enemi

good times...

Marathon Enemi got released though.
MoppyPuppy
Lake Nebagamon, WI

Post Jul 27th '10, 02:24

great scenario(conversion thingy)... Now i have an excuse to stay indoors.
Marathon Speedrun Times: Discord
M1A1 - 26:57 - PB
M2 - 33:52 - PB
M2 - XBLA - 33:00 - WR
M2 - Coop with ApertureGrillz - 27:17 IGT/29:09 RTA - WR
MInf - 15:42 - PB
Minf all main levels - 27:49 - PB

TBCR
Raleigh,NC

Post Jul 27th '10, 13:31

Interesting stuff!
Marathon Player Since 1995.

If You Are Always Dying in The Game, You Are Not a Bad Player, You Are Learning.

Sharkie Lino
Connecticut

Return to Projects