SCEA:ONE

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

That Naruto looking thingy...

That's not gonna be the enemy is it?
I mean, I'd love to kill those things but I don't know if the experience would be very... cool.

I'll be blunt, that drawing would make a TERRIBLE monster sprite.
Last edited by MoppyPuppy on Aug 4th '09, 11:33, edited 1 time in total.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Loving the anime style.. makes a change to most scenarios :)
Is the picture above an in-game screenshot or a drawing?
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

Oh.

May I suggest using Manga Studio software over just your bare hands?
xilef
Cyborg

MoppyPuppy wrote:That Naruto looking thingy...

I mean, I'd love to kill those things but I don't know if the experience would be very... cool.

Player graphic.

I'll be using pixel art to draw the sprites
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

MoppyPuppy wrote:That Naruto looking thingy...

That drawing is probably just a concept sketch, not an actual piece of the game itself yet.

And what would be cooler than blowing up Naruto doppelgangers? Shit, I could do that all day.

Click. BANG!
Click. BANG!
Click. BANG!

...and so on.

Admit it, you're just having another attack of "ohthatlookscoolIwishIcoulddothatbutI'lljustmakeinanecommentaryandcritiquewhichhasnomerit-aha!"
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

Kurinn wrote:Admit it, you're just having another attack of "ohthatlookscoolIwishIcoulddothatbutI'lljustmakeinanecommentaryandcritiquewhichhasnomerit-aha!"
"ohthatlooksnotcoolIwishIcouldstopthatbutI'lljustmakeinanecommentaryandcritiquewhichmaypreventbad-art-aha!

But your right, that was TOTALLY an attack.
Last edited by MoppyPuppy on Aug 4th '09, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.
CryoS
Vidmaster

Can you please just shut it? :D
Last edited by CryoS on Aug 4th '09, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
Traverse
Born on Board

The horizon of decent maps never gets any closer. You map and you map and the only thing you can think of after 2 minutes is the comments of obtuse and adolescent forum posters, strapped to your ego. And then it's all you can do to keep yourself from reaching down in the split second of that insanity they call shitty mapping, pulling out the [img] tag and posting some utterly horrific image alongside a equally horribly contrived storyline, knowing that if you don't you'll never get the equivalent of mental masturbation from people you don't know and encourage you to continue making horrible maps.

You can't escape how bad your maps are forever.
Last edited by Traverse on Aug 4th '09, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

GTFO!

anyways, are teh weapons supposed to be modern or futuristic
D?rovací tvá?í.
Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
goran
Vidmaster

Have you played gangsterz? It's old shit...from 1997.

Gangsterz

Six levels of a upcoming scenario that has proven to have a place in
the Marathon community. At first, if you try to compare it to all of the
other scenarios coming out right now, you will think this as a "cartoon"
type of Marathon game. Don't be mistaken, this game has a very
unique standard that it is representing and it is enjoyable to play. Don't
go on your first impression.....btw-make sure to use Anvil 1.0.2 and not
1.0.3 For more instructions read the readme or go here. You should also
grab the necessary clut folder.
(6/6/97) (733K) Inf Scenario
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

CryoS wrote:Can you please just shut it? :D

Yeah I hear you.

Fine, do what you want.
Heaven forbid the criticism influences improvement.

I know anyone right now can look up my posts from the past and bring up several instances where I've expressed my idea that a scenario need not be in HD to be great, but seriously, come on.
Meta

Traverse wrote:The horizon of decent maps never gets any closer. You map and you map and the only thing you can think of after 2 minutes is the comments of obtuse and adolescent forum posters, strapped to your ego. And then it's all you can do to keep yourself from reaching down in the split second of that insanity they call shitty mapping, pulling out the [img] tag and posting some utterly horrific image alongside a equally horribly contrived storyline, knowing that if you don't you'll never get the equivalent of mental masturbation from people you don't know and encourage you to continue making horrible maps.

You can't escape how bad your maps are forever.
Interesting, I always thought that would come out a WJ having to reach down for the knife and cut of his own fingers to stop posting, I look forward to the end screen.
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

Wow, triple post.

Some spooky shit up in this thread.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

MoppyPuppy wrote:a scenario need not be in HD to be great, but seriously, come on.
Yeh.. nothing too sloppy. We must see what we're playing but keep it able to run on slower machines! I still do like the art style though.. COLOURS!!!!!
Kurinn wrote:Wow, triple post.

Some spooky shit up in this thread.
Lol... takes some going to put 3 in a row! :D
Last edited by Fishman92 on Aug 5th '09, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

MoppyPuppy wrote:
Yeah I hear you.

Fine, do what you want.
Heaven forbid the criticism influences improvement.

I know anyone right now can look up my posts from the past and bring up several instances where I've expressed my idea that a scenario need not be in HD to be great, but seriously, come on.
You draw something by hand and show it to us, then talk shit about those drawings.
Anyway, what makes you think anyone's going to plug that right into the shapes file?

Not to mention, your tone here is such that I can see you making an exaggerated eye-rolling gesture while you type.
What makes you think that your "criticism" actually has any influence on quality in any situation?
Need I remind you that your wise critique of my work consisted of comparing it to a home improvement display at a Menards?

And yes, there is absolutely no consistency in your standards of quality, nor in the criteria which you assess.
The only reliable aspect is in how you always act like a snide and self-assured little shit.
You basically point at something and moan in disgust like some foppish dandy watching pigs fornicate on a street corner, or that person who always mentions it when they see someone wearing white after Labor Day.

It's not criticism, it's you trying to feel like you and what you say have any relevance in this forum aside from providing a good target for flames like this one.

Why should anyone drink that piss you are selling as champagne? Will you please post something of import just one time at least, or get the fuck out?
You're worse than a troll, you're like an intellect-devouring plague in a place that needs to conserve all the brain cells it can!
Last edited by Kurinn on Aug 5th '09, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Kurinn wrote:Not to mention, your tone here is such that I can see you making an exaggerated eye-rolling gesture while you type.
What makes you think that your "criticism" actually has any influence on quality in any situation?
You have a good point!
Kurinn wrote:Why should anyone drink that piss you are selling as champagne? Will you please post something of import just one time at least, or get the fuck out?

Ooooh champagne :D nah can't be bothered to join in with this.
I think cartoony sprites could work quite well in this scenario. May I ask, how the tactical side will be implemented?
xilef
Cyborg

Fishman92 wrote:I think cartoony sprites could work quite well in this scenario. May I ask, how the tactical side will be implemented?
Maps are larger, so players will see their oponement before rushing in, guns do heavier damage, so it's more costing to put yourself at risk, because of the game engine, there will be respawn, but the cost is the player's weapon is lost, they will have to pick up a weapon from another enemy (At start of map players have to rush to pick up the weaponry set laid out before them, once the guns are gone, you'll have to kill enemies to find new ones)

Guns will be futuristic, but not laser-shooting or plasma or anything beyond bullets.
Last edited by xilef on Aug 5th '09, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
treellama
Vidmaster

Xilef wrote:(At start of map players have to rush to pick up the weaponry set laid out before them, once the guns are gone, you'll have to kill enemies to find new ones)
This, too, is a terrible idea. What do you kill enemies (to find new guns) with, if you don't have a gun?

If you don't respawn weapons and ammo like crazy, the best players in the game will end up with them all. So where's the incentive for mediocre or bad players to play? Running around for the whole match dying because you don't have a weapon or ammo isn't very fun for most people.

There's a reason ammo hog maps like Werefrog are so popular.
Last edited by treellama on Aug 5th '09, 20:24, edited 1 time in total.
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

Kurinn wrote:You draw something by hand and show it to us, then talk shit about those drawings.
Anyway, what makes you think anyone's going to plug that right into the shapes file?
I might. Watch what you say, I might make something good. And then I will talk shit.
Kurinn wrote:Not to mention, your tone here is such that I can see you making an exaggerated eye-rolling gesture while you type.
Need I remind you that your wise critique of my work consisted of comparing it to a home improvement display at a Menards?
Tones are audible, not typed, the tone is all on you.
Criticism makes things better.

True, I compared it to a Menards, I can't argue that. But have you ever been to a Menards?
I guarantee you'd walk inside and be all: "aww shit, he was right." Though you wouldn't write that here.
Kurinn wrote:And yes, there is absolutely no consistency in your standards of quality, nor in the criteria which you assess.
You got me, looking back I failed to grasp what this game was going for. If that pic of "gangsters" is the intended look of the finished product then I should only judge the gameplay.

Kurinn wrote:The only reliable aspect is in how you always act like a snide and self-assured little shit.
You of all people cannot talk in this regard.

Kurinn wrote:You basically point at something and moan in disgust like some foppish dandy watching pigs fornicate on a street corner, or that person who always mentions it when they see someone wearing white after Labor Day.
...ok...
Kurinn wrote:It's not criticism, it's you trying to feel like you and what you say have any relevance in this forum aside from providing a good target for flames like this one.
Oh yeah, because that was TOTALLY my thought process when typing this. [/sarcasm]

But you got me there, my posts do regularly get flamed. Especially when I point something out.
Example: A Mona Lisa sits there on a wall. But the head is that of a man.
I point out that the head is wrong.
The reaction?
Kurinn wrote:"HOW DARE YOU!?!?"
Thats not criticism, its just you trying to feel like you and what you say have any relevance in this forum aside from providing a good target for flames like this one. BLARGH!
Kurinn wrote:Why should anyone drink that piss you are selling as champagne? Will you please post something of import just one time at least,
In progress...
Kurinn wrote:You're worse than a troll, you're like an intellect-devouring plague in a place that needs to conserve all the brain cells it can!
So I guess that'd make you the intellect-saving superhero who deals out red hot flaming posts of JUSTICE.
Your not the only one capable of being over-dramatic.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Xilef wrote:(At start of map players have to rush to pick up the weaponry set laid out before them, once the guns are gone, you'll have to kill enemies to find new ones)
Not such a good idea.
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

MoppyPuppy wrote:Blah blah blah, blah, blah blah blah blah blah.
Oh, just go home. Nobody really cares. I tried to humor you with my drunken hyperbole, but you just keep giving me your jibber-jabber.
I've tried to be nice to you, though you never deserved it. Why is it so hard for you to actually create something, instead of just talking shit to other people?

If you really think I can't see a kitchen display for what it is, then you're just a dolt, and that's all there is to it.
You'll never even come so close as a kitchen display if you persist on this path, and so be it if that is the way it must be.

Go get your Forge on already, and stop this "criticism" bologna. That's all I ever wanted to tell you.
CryoS
Vidmaster

*gives the dagger to Kurinn"
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
treellama
Vidmaster

The only thing you accomplish arguing with moppypuppy is making yourself look like an idiot. The only way to win is not to play. It doesn't do me any good to have him on /ignore if you guys keep responding to his drivel.
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

Treellama wrote:The only thing you accomplish arguing with moppypuppy is making yourself look like an idiot. The only way to win is not to play. It doesn't do me any good to have him on /ignore if you guys keep responding to his drivel.
Why isn't he just destroyed? Won't somebody just find a way to get rid of him?

Dammit, if it has to be this way, why cannot somebody just pull the Sword of Admin out of it's stone and smite this evil for all eternity!?

If somebody has to do it, then let it be me. I will dirty myself with this task.
treellama
Vidmaster

There are other forums, where tools exist to keep out spam and trolls, but everyone uses this one.