Player and scenery sprite updates

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Aug 8th '09, 14:49

Marathon Textures are Beautiful, and it looks like a brand new game in single player, well, except for the scenery. in multiplayer the maps are wonderful, but these gritty characters are shooting at each other. this is like the final thing to get upgraded and if i had any talent whatsoever, i would do it myself, but i don't. (i sure do have the time for it, though.) so I will ask all you artists here to work on this, and take the final step in updating marathon. ill do whatever i can to help if you decide to take me up on this. thanks.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Post Aug 8th '09, 17:00

Gee all this time and all someone had to do was ask someone else to do it for them? No, that's not how it works.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Aug 8th '09, 18:09

i understand it would be quite an undertaking. id think that someone else might want to do this as well and i was just trying to get an idea out.

envy

Post Aug 8th '09, 22:07

I'm secretly working on a Monstef and Senery replacement pack, it will be done soon.
Meta

Post Aug 8th '09, 23:51

I think actual 3d models would be best for Marathon, like the ones they have in Wc3 and stuff... though I'm not sure if AO can read s3d models.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Aug 9th '09, 00:21

I believe it can but it takes quite a bit of work to get them to work. Just make sprites out of pictures taken of your models.
Meta

Post Aug 9th '09, 00:50

3D ones would make the whole game 3d, an upgrade from our 2.5d, but i guess it wouldn't be possible to have it render all 512 degrees of a monster, only 6. but you could take images of 3d models at the 6 angles and that would look spectacular! and btw Meta is DA MAN for this. is there a member of the month function on this forum cause he deserves it.

envy

Post Aug 9th '09, 00:50

Envy wrote:i was just trying to get an idea out.

You're about six years late to the party:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d ... tid=351997

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Aug 9th '09, 00:55

wow your right, i never thought about sourceforge. cool. Meta do you need any help with your sprite pack, any meaningless repetitive clicking that you don't want to do?

envy

Post Aug 9th '09, 02:04

No. My Monstef and Senery are coming along fine...
Meta

Post Aug 9th '09, 02:43

ok. now when you say Monstef do you mean to or are you trying for monster?

envy

Post Aug 9th '09, 02:49

He doesn't mean Senery, if that's what you're asking.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Aug 9th '09, 06:45

Hehe

Megaman

Post Aug 9th '09, 23:15

so just constant bad spelling, no special meanings there? im just curious.

envy

Post Aug 10th '09, 01:01

Envy wrote:so just constant bad spelling, no special meanings there? im just curious.

Of course there's a special meaning, I said Monstef and Senery Enhancement Pack, not Monster and Scenery Enhancement Pack. Seriously, that is way too big of an undertaking for me.
Meta

Post Aug 10th '09, 02:22

i have no idea if this is sarcasm or sincerity... ill just stop talking now.

envy

Post Aug 17th '09, 06:57

Currently for M1A1 - MODS available are:

-High-quality textures courtesy of Tim Vogel (walls, ceilings & floors)
-High-quality scenery courtesy of Visciom (paper, barrels & bollards)
-Improved-quality pickups & inhand weapons (I am currently working on this - see the "Marathon Classic (M1A1) Hi-Res Weapons / Items Pack" forum for info on this. I say improved...As only my some of my ammo pickups were remade. Alot is just touch-up work)

-Players & Monsters have been a big debate for a long time here. It is ALOT of work. And quite a few people have moved on from AlephOne and or M1A1.....sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

[PS - M2 & M3 are different - they have their own set of MODS/GFX enchancements]
"Beggars CAN be choosers, They just don't eat as often"

tim4i
Canberra, Australia

Return to Projects