Kill Them All, Volume III

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Nov 3rd '09, 17:21

Not for this, though. October 31 has passed, which means I don't really want anyone to start working on new maps.

If you're still finishing one up, go for it. KTA3 won't be released for some time, I'm sure.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 3rd '09, 19:28

Oh yeah, I just cant seem to get my poly counts down in regular mapping. Oasis + Citadel= Awesome examples.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Post Nov 4th '09, 01:02

Make a small map with big polys. Than add detail. The way I've been doing it is to make an open area with about 30 or so polys, and then add stuff until I get to 90ish. The weird thing is, both I've done so far hit 100 exactly, but that can likely be chalked up to balanced or even symmetrical maps.
F-OBED F-OBED F-OBED
Map badly if you must, but MAP.
Pfheil

Post Nov 4th '09, 02:48

Pfheil wrote:Make a small map with big polys. Than add detail. The way I've been doing it is to make an open area with about 30 or so polys, and then add stuff until I get to 90ish. The weird thing is, both I've done so far hit 100 exactly, but that can likely be chalked up to balanced or even symmetrical maps.

Well, I just... make the map... I don't think there is some necessary strategy for making maps like these, you've just gotta know how to use polies effectively.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Nov 4th '09, 04:41

That's true, it's probably fine to just map.
Sometimes I'll have an idea for an area, and make that part of the map first, using up way too many polys. That sort of happened to me on Gated Community, where the starting area is high detail, and I hit nearly 60 before I started the actual map.
F-OBED F-OBED F-OBED
Map badly if you must, but MAP.
Pfheil

Post Nov 8th '09, 21:32

i sended a map.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Nov 8th '09, 22:42

Yeah, I got it. I'll go through all of the remaining submissions within the week and start working on post-production soon.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 9th '09, 02:23

Can't wait.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Post Nov 9th '09, 17:48

Neither can I.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Previous

Return to Projects