TGIBX: Calling for Help

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Sep 29th '09, 21:33

Lh wrote:Except for the first one, which looks a bit too much like the Marathon: RED pistol for my tastes. The others are at least original though, and have some promise.

goran

Post Sep 29th '09, 21:48

Lh wrote:Except for the first one, which looks a bit too much like the Marathon: RED pistol for my tastes. The others are at least original though, and have some promise.

Dugit wrote:*pause as thighs vibrate*

Awesome! I can't wait for this scenario. Those new weapons look great, though the Imperator-Quickdraw looks like the Cronus Class Fusion Pistol from Eternal X, which though it may be noticed by me, I doubt many will notice it.

[MUp]

Vale,
Dugit

I think it looks more like the pistol from Halo 1 than anything else, really.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Sep 30th '09, 00:08

RyokoTK wrote:I think it looks more like the pistol from Halo 1 than anything else, really.

if you move the mag to the handle, then it does.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Sep 30th '09, 00:30

RyokoTK wrote:I think it looks more like the pistol from Halo 1 than anything else, really.

Well, lets face it - even with lots of modifications most pistols are going to retain a shape similar to a slanted L, or the RED shape slanted n. The only wildly different change I can think of off the top of my head is the Halo plasma pistol and even then it still has to some degree that L shape.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post Sep 30th '09, 05:34

I should have written notes on the sketches...

I took a simliar design from the Saiga-12 that Ryoko mentioned then I added some USAS-12 and the over-under dual barrel design. The gun fires from a closed bolt position. Personally, I like the design with the fore-grip better but that's because it looks cleaner.

I couldn't remember what the current Imperial clip looked like, so I went off of memory. The gun is a bullpup design with a top shell ejection port in the rear above the clip. The design is compact and ambidextrous and allows for easy dual wielding. The larger portion up front houses a red dot sight but can easily be replaced with a small scope, or even iron sights. The little "nub" near the front (on the top) is the cocking mechanism, it fires from a closed bolt positon.
Last edited by LegacyTyphoon on Sep 30th '09, 05:35, edited 1 time in total.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Sep 30th '09, 12:47

That little submachine gun looks really cool.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Sep 30th '09, 13:10

Hey! that one reminds me on an SMG sketch i made for NOVA :C

i might still have the model ;)
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Sep 30th '09, 16:19

Oh yeah, what about the terminal art? The earlier you tell me what you need, the slower I can work on them :P
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt

Post Sep 30th '09, 17:59

I was talking to my roommate and I should actually redesign some stuff on each of the guns. I'll do that and post up some better drawings later.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g186/Leg.../shotgun001.jpg
The shotgun is too short actually, with that much power, you'd get a crap ton of recoil. Also the bolt action needs to be moved farther back, you don't really want to have to reach all the way to the front of the gun to cock it. I'm probably going to add in some ventilation on the front and remove the iron sight, if you aim with something like this, you'll end up breaking your shoulder. I may also move the barrels side-by-side instead. According to my roommate, you get a better horizontal spread instead of a vertical one.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g186/Leg...hoon/smg002.jpg
As for the SMG, it needs some cleaning up and I need to redesign the bullet feed and clip.
The Pf'hak - Read it.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Sep 30th '09, 19:45

Drictelt wrote:Oh yeah, what about the terminal art? The earlier you tell me what you need, the slower I can work on them :P

You're right. Soon, I think.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Sep 30th '09, 20:33

I gotta tell you, that SMG sketch at the bottom of your first post? IS the assault rifle from Deus Ex.
I like the shotgun, but it sure looks utilitarian, like a double barreled version of the AA12.

As for the RED pistol, if you put the magazine that close to the end of the barrel, than it'll fire worse than a snub-nose derringer. Seriously.
I try to blend realistic functionality with soft-science designs, so I'm not criticizing it on the level of realism. Just the level of common sense.

I always thought that the Cronus fusion pistol looks like the Modified Beretta 92FS from the Blade movie. The second blade movie, I think.
Here's a link to the IMFDB page: http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Blade_II#Beretta_92FS

EDIT: Putting your barrels side by side versus over/under shouldn't matter. They are both aimed to the same spot, and they aren't that far apart. If you're trying to perform wing surgery on a fruit fly at three inches, you'd be worried about the spread.
From a mechanical standpoint, it makes more sense to load shotgun shells into two side by side chambers, loading them over/under style would be difficult and prone to jams.
Of course, that's why we use soft science, because a double barreled automatic shotgun would never work well, unless it had two magazines. If it has two magazines, two barrels, two chambers, etc, it would be pretty much two shotguns taped together with a jury rigged trigger. And that's pretty much pointless.
Last edited by Pfheil on Sep 30th '09, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
F-OBED F-OBED F-OBED
Map badly if you must, but MAP.
Pfheil

Post Sep 30th '09, 23:19

The Deus Ex Assault Rifle has that silly-looking ball thing on the back.

Well they're both bullpup in design, but its more of a Seburo look than anything.

Hmm...it looks similar to the Deus Ex Stealth Pistol though, now that I look at it.
Last edited by LegacyTyphoon on Sep 30th '09, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.
The Pf'hak - Read it.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Oct 1st '09, 16:33

I've been sketching up a Gyro-Jet pistol for something else, and It keeps coming out like the DX stealh pistol.
Of course, it also looks like a MAC-10, so whatever.
Pistols are more fun when you make the magazine stick out the side!

What are those Seburo things?
F-OBED F-OBED F-OBED
Pfheil

Post Oct 5th '09, 07:12

Fusion Pistol concept. More stuff drawn in pen while I was at work, so no full schematic sketches.
Last edited by LegacyTyphoon on Oct 5th '09, 07:12, edited 1 time in total.
The Pf'hak - Read it.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Oct 5th '09, 19:48

that fusion pistol could become very neat, gj

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Oct 7th '09, 22:30

Wheeew!
I can tell I'm not needed here.
F-OBED F-OBED F-OBED
Pfheil

Post Oct 7th '09, 23:54

I can't do 3D models though.
The Pf'hak - Read it.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Oct 14th '09, 22:41

I can't either. :D
I know a guy though....
F-OBED F-OBED F-OBED
Pfheil

Post Oct 16th '09, 17:51

Any more news on TGI:BX?
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Oct 16th '09, 18:05

I haven't worked on it in a month and a half or so? So no news.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Oct 16th '09, 20:16

COME ON RYOKO! WE BELIEVE IN YOU!
Or more like.... we BX in you!
F-OBED F-OBED F-OBED
Pfheil

Post Oct 16th '09, 21:22

I certainly do. If TGI:BX is of the same or greater quality than the original or any of his other map sets, net or solo/coop, then I shall be happy. Anything that Ryoko has produced has gone under RED in my filing system. That is the best color. [MUp]

Vale,
Dugit
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Oct 16th '09, 22:08

If you want 3D models ryoko, i could perhaps throw something neat together using the sketches availible in this topic. dunno though...

perhaps you'd like a sample?

BTW glad you liked the theme i sent you ^_^

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Oct 16th '09, 22:22

CryoS wrote:If you want 3D models ryoko, i could perhaps throw something neat together using the sketches availible in this topic. dunno though...

perhaps you'd like a sample?

BTW glad you liked the theme i sent you ^_^

Sure, if you want to, and if you have the time, I'd be happy to see something cool. You've done pretty good work for Slave so far.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Oct 16th '09, 22:27

well i made this based on this
[attachment=3165:eee0456.jpg][attachment=3166:eee0455.jpg]
[attachment=3167:fusion003.jpg]
Attachments
fusion003.jpg
fusion003.jpg (141.81 KiB) Viewed 5407 times
eee0455.jpg
eee0455.jpg (166.44 KiB) Viewed 5406 times
eee0456.jpg
eee0456.jpg (189.31 KiB) Viewed 5407 times

CryoS
The Dungeon

PreviousNext

Return to Projects