Winter II

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Dec 10th '09, 04:15

Shadowbreaker wrote:

I must say the game looks good so far, but it's in spite of screenshots like this one. What were you thinking? Otherwise, not bad.
Last edited by irons on Dec 10th '09, 04:18, edited 1 time in total.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Dec 10th '09, 04:17

It's to assure you that yes, just like in every other Marathon game, certain parts are going to be dark as fuck.

I agree that it looks pretty promising but I hope there's more than like two levels, which is what it appears to be so far.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Dec 14th '09, 02:58

RyokoTK wrote:It's to assure you that yes, just like in every other Marathon game, certain parts are going to be dark as fuck.

No, it just means that attachments stopped showing up altogether now for me. Strange...
Kurinn

Post Dec 15th '09, 04:14

I don't even want to bother calculating map indexes for Oasis... nor do I have the ability...
GOOD JOB, KURINN!
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Post Dec 17th '09, 20:14

Envy wrote:I don't even want to bother calculating map indexes for Oasis... nor do I have the ability...
GOOD JOB, KURINN!

Are you congratulating me for breaking the index barrier? A regular Chuck Yeager, I ain't.
Kurinn

Post Dec 17th '09, 22:28

I can't wait for this to come out.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 18th '09, 22:20

Im currently in New Zealand till Dec 30th, so I won't have much internet access. But I'll still make maps and stuff, just therell be no more updates from me for a while.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Dec 19th '09, 01:45

I have a map in the works (ie: on paper, ready to transpose to Weland) for this. I hope it'll work. It's gonna be a hellicopter pad leading to a spa-like room. There will be hot springs in there, along with the enemies. You must make your way to the control room and allow the lava which is funneled upwards to heat the water to rise and flood the complex.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Dec 19th '09, 03:47

What the fuck is a helicopter pad doing near a spa?

envy

Post Dec 19th '09, 04:12

All rich people have helicopters. And you know the new movement towards "all natural" stuff. Aliens just happen to be at that point in this game, apparently.
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Dec 19th '09, 10:13

In stories, I don't like "just happens" or "apparently"s. We need to know, or we must not.

"There is no try..."
Yoda
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 19th '09, 19:20

What the fuck would aliens want with a helipad and a spa?
WastdJamacan wrote:Aliens just happen to be at that point in this game, apparently.

wait, did shadowbreaker tell you to do this?

envy

Post Dec 19th '09, 19:28

No. I'm actually in the dark on the plot.
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Dec 19th '09, 19:29

Dugit wrote:In stories, I don't like "just happens" or "apparently"s. We need to know, or we must not.

"There is no try..."
Yoda

"Do or do not. There is not try"
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Dec 19th '09, 20:14

Good.

envy

Post Dec 19th '09, 20:21

WastdJamacan wrote:"Do or do not. There is not try"

Good. Then do it or not. I want either a storyline or complete mystery. Not some unfinished literal hell.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 20th '09, 03:15

Well, obviously there will be aliens to fight. Just keep in mind that an alien city might not have very human-like structures, namely Penthouse Mansions as you seem to be thinking of. However, I'd prefer that you either have Metalloids or Pfhor as the main enemies in the map, not both of them in the same room together (they are, uh, enemies in this). If you need the plot, just look at the first post.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Dec 20th '09, 05:01

It will be a pfhor spa then.
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Dec 20th '09, 09:52

WastdJamacan wrote:It will be a pfhor spa then.

Again, not like the real human spa. In Rubicon, and on many-a Pfhor ship, we don't see Earth-esque spas; we see random pools of plasma, or large pits of tar. You, however, could do a parody of Evil's level Magrathea, where the Pfhor had taken over a UESC retirement holiday home (and it looked like they were also using the recreational features, including the pools, jacuzzis and saunas).

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 24th '09, 22:02

Or the pfhor could actually use hot springs to relax. You don't know what they do in they're free time.
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Dec 24th '09, 22:06

It's your call. I like the idea of a spa, but the extension of "alien" spa could be a strange choice.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Apr 4th '10, 09:54

Was this scenario ever released?
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt

Post Apr 4th '10, 12:18

norpz

I'm pretty sure people here aren't interested in anymore of my excuses for not making things; so I won't give any. However, I will say that when I was working on it a few weeks or so ago I came across vast texture coloring discrepencies between the Low and High-res; more delays! Mapping for this is by no means hard for me to do, my eMac has a big screen, and Forge looks nice and pixelly like old times when I turn down the screen size. I'll finish this eventually, maybe I'll release it during my Winter instead.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Apr 4th '10, 18:23

Shadowbreaker wrote:norpz

I'm pretty sure people here aren't interested in anymore of my excuses for not making things; so I won't give any. However, I will say that when I was working on it a few weeks or so ago I came across vast texture coloring discrepencies between the Low and High-res; more delays! Mapping for this is by no means hard for me to do, my eMac has a big screen, and Forge looks nice and pixelly like old times when I turn down the screen size. I'll finish this eventually, maybe I'll release it during my Winter instead.

I'm finishing up on DCP, after a dormant period of several months. With the high-res textures, and the new renderer, things look really goddamn amazing...

[attachment=3665:wow.png]

Also, I decided to make my own high-res version of your landscape, because I was bored.

[attachment=3666:wow2.png]
Attachments
wow2.png
wow2.png (1.95 MiB) Viewed 6747 times
wow.png
wow.png (2.39 MiB) Viewed 6753 times
Last edited by Kurinn on Apr 5th '10, 01:31, edited 1 time in total.
Kurinn

Previous

Return to Projects