The Gray Incident BX demo

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Nov 20th '09, 17:57

http://www.simplici7y.com/items/the-gray-incident-bx-demo

This is a five-level demo of The Gray Incident BX. It is essentially the game's third chapter.

Terminal picts are not ready so this merge doesn't have any of that, but beyond that you should find it quite playable.

Included is just the map, shapes, and mml. You'll need a copy of the original TGI. No, I couldn't make it a complete download. Add in these files where appropriate, but remove TGI.mml from your scripts folder, or else you'll have conflicts.
Last edited by RyokoTK on Nov 20th '09, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 20th '09, 18:45

HORRAY

Seriously, magnanimous thanks. I've just played the original again to get a good flavor, so I can't wait for the real thing!
A brilliant job, sir.

Vale,
Dugit
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Nov 20th '09, 21:18

Also I don't know how many people are put off by this, but this game is very hard. Especially the first and fourth levels, and especially the beginning battles of each.

Don't be put off if it takes a few tries to reach the first save on Neo New Mordor (the first level). That's normal, and remember this is actually the 9th level in the game, not the first. Once you reach the save/2x, you'll be a lot better off.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 20th '09, 21:18

I want to play the demo, but I don't have time. Maybe when the full game comes out.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Nov 20th '09, 21:23

Yeah, I know how time consuming high school can be. *roll eyes*

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 20th '09, 21:34

Awesome :) I could use a break from breaking my map.
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.

effigy

Post Nov 20th '09, 22:16

Is there a precise date for the release of the whole thing?
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Nov 20th '09, 22:18

It will be done when it's done.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 20th '09, 22:37

Awesome: A Demo.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Nov 20th '09, 23:19

RyokoTK wrote:Yeah, I know how time consuming high school can be. *roll eyes*

Hey man. I'm writing a paper for AP English. If I can get an A on this, I just might have a chance at raising my grade to a B.
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Nov 20th '09, 23:21

Yeah, leave off, Ryoko. I've just had a long period of exams, and I know how tiresome the revision process can be. Especially if you are a perfectionist. Like me.

I wish you the greatest of luck, Wastd.

Vale,
Dugit
Last edited by Dugit on Nov 20th '09, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Nov 20th '09, 23:33

Dugit wrote:Yeah, leave off, Ryoko. I've just had a long period of exams, and I know how tiresome the revision process can be. Especially if you are a perfectionist. Like me.

I wish you the greatest of luck, Wastd.

Vale,
Dugit

I'm a senior student of architecture. High school is a joke in comparison, and I took similar classes to WJ.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 20th '09, 23:40

My point is that this paper is imperitive to my grade. I didn't say "OH LAWD, MY WORK IS DA WORST DAT IT GETS, EVERY'N PITY MEH." I said that I was too busy to try it. No need to jump up and bite my ass.

Jesus, this is a topic on a demo, not on classes. If you really want to talk about this more, take it to a new topic.
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Nov 20th '09, 23:42

WastdJamacan wrote:imperitive

:3

EDIT:

Back on topic, I have played the TGI demo thingy... well some of it, I keep dying on the first level. Anyway, I just have one comment- the fusion gun is really hard to use. Supposedly to balance the speed at which it fires it does more damage, but the speed at which the original shot stuff allowed people to miss in battle but still hit some people, and also allowed the player to stun individual targets more effectively. If you don't manage to nail a hunter or something on your first shot, then you have to wait like a second before you can try hit him again. Just some thoughts.
Last edited by Shadowbreaker on Nov 20th '09, 23:47, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Nov 20th '09, 23:42

WastdJamacan wrote:My point is that this paper is imperitive to my grade. I didn't say "OH LAWD, MY WORK IS DA WORST DAT IT GETS, EVERY'N PITY MEH." I said that I was too busy to try it. No need to jump up and bite my ass.

Jesus, this is a topic on a demo, not on classes. If you really want to talk about this more, take it to a new topic.

Take it easy, little dude, I wasn't biting your ass, I was giving you a hard time.

But if your paper was so important to write, some might wonder why you're here bickering over it. :P

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 20th '09, 23:50

sorry. I'm a little raw over, eh, goings ons that happened today, and I'm in such a state that I can hardly type my posts. Plus this goddamn headache. I just want the world to fuckin stop so I can do what I want and still get what I need to do done.
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Nov 21st '09, 00:07

Shadowbreaker wrote:

Yes, it functions much more like a sniper rifle. And this isn't really a bad thing, after you get used to it; it's just not the role the fusion gun used to play.
dude, seriously. dude.

thermoplyae

Post Nov 21st '09, 00:11

thermoplyae wrote:
Shadowbreaker wrote:

Yes, it functions much more like a sniper rifle. And this isn't really a bad thing, after you get used to it; it's just not the role the fusion gun used to play.

It does take a bit of getting used to, but once you do get the hang of it you find that it's a pretty nice damage dealer, especially with the charged shot which is massively more powerful. On Total Carnage, it can wipe out a green Defender in one shot, and berserk a red one. But no, it's not as good at stunning enemies as it used to be, and this is intentional; in the original TGI you could pretty much rely on the fusion pistol as a damage dealer and crowd controller. Now it's slower and more powerful.

It also encourages you to use the IMPs more if you really need to stun enemies. And you will, if you get cornered by red Defenders.

One nice glitch feature is that you can fire a regular bolt right after a charged bolt. That one-two punch can do a lot of damage very quickly.
Last edited by RyokoTK on Nov 21st '09, 00:12, edited 1 time in total.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 21st '09, 00:13

The bolts also travel faster, so it does have a bit more range, especially again with that charged bolt which is like a super-grenade.

edit: except it doesn't explode, so not really
Last edited by RyokoTK on Nov 21st '09, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 21st '09, 03:47

Ryoko you've outdone yourself. Having beaten The gray Incident I can say that this is a step up from the original. The mapping is exceptional especially Neo New Morder which was a huge improvment over the origional. The enemys/enemy placement are astounding. I actually got the shit scared out of me by a defender that launched itself from behind a box.
Speaking of defenders, thank god you got rid of the defender that could shoot around corners.

There seems to be an emphasis on swarms of monsters this time around, much like Eternal. Except now I dont have godlike weapons, just my trust MA-75 and the sidestep keys

Nice job, cant wait to see the final product
The Over-Evaluator

Truper

Post Nov 21st '09, 09:59

Awesome. Due to this long weaponry discussion, I am wondering if any of the original arsenal is going to be left intact?

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Nov 21st '09, 17:38

Some of the original Infinity weapons were used in TGI. Some of the TGI weapons are used in TGI:BX. No Infinity weapons are used (to my recollection) in TGI:BX.
dude, seriously. dude.

thermoplyae

Post Nov 21st '09, 17:57

Excellent. Boy am I looking forward to this.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Nov 21st '09, 20:40

thermoplyae wrote:Some of the original Infinity weapons were used in TGI. Some of the TGI weapons are used in TGI:BX. No Infinity weapons are used (to my recollection) in TGI:BX.

Slappers. But none of the guns.

edit: all of the guns can be found in the demo if you know where to look; don't forget to keep your eyes open for a secret exit, too :)
Last edited by RyokoTK on Nov 21st '09, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Next

Return to Projects