Defend the Juggernaut

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Dec 1st '09, 05:42

read the readme [attachment=3374:Defend_t...ggernaut.sit]
It's in stuffit format. I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do unless you want me to upload the individual files.
Attachments

[The extension sit has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Until next time...

RAITHE [Pfhor Military Base AI Ver. 4.2]

raithe

Post Dec 1st '09, 06:13

Actually, I found an installer for stuffit for windows a long time ago... I don't know where it is though.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Dec 1st '09, 07:13

For some reason my script finder can only find scripts that aren't seen as Unix files. Sorry.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 1st '09, 22:20

Just in general, the next time you might want to write some kind of description or explanation to accompany your new topic that just says "TRY MY SHIT!"

Luckily for you, I copied your "READ ME!!!" for great exposition.

This concept was not originally mine, I have taken it and some resources from Jon Irons.
This is a beta of the "Defend the Juggernaut" solo gametype. I have taken Jon Irons's Juggernaut Troop Ship.lua and made a few modifications and have modified the physics and even added another .lua script of my own for more functions (which are to come).
Things you will need to know before playing:

-to get in the juggernaut, walk up to it.

-the map sucks. If you want to make a better map, PM me on the pfhorums as RAITHE and I'll give you the required specs about the map.

-the repair function is no longer in the turret. when you enter the juggernaut, open the door and you will see a switch. Simply walk up to it and you will see the juggie's health go up slowly (thanks to Irons's ingenuity, his health is marked by your oxygen bar). The repair turret (which is on the left inside the juggernaut) is replaced by a ground attack-based weapon. The primary trigger requires you to charge up. I recommend you shoot with your view level no higher than straight forward or you will explode.

-to exit a turret, alt-fire

-if you are outside and you need the juggernaut to come to you, press the microphone button (not very useful with this map, but will be useful in maps to come.

-I will add a scoring system later on.
Until next time...
RAITHE (Pfhor Military Base AI Ver. 4.2)

EDIT: I haven't even bothered to try this yet, just like you didn't bother to put anything but a link and "Read my READ ME!!!" in your post. I may never bother to try it. But keep on giving it your best! Eventually, if you rip off Irons enough, you'll become him, and then we'll all bleed from our eyes or something.
Last edited by Kurinn on Dec 1st '09, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.
Kurinn

Post Dec 1st '09, 22:27

Kurinn wrote:we'll all bleed from our eyes or something.

[attachment=3376:AO.png]
Attachments
AO.png
AO.png (4.53 KiB) Viewed 3655 times
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Dec 2nd '09, 02:29

That pic makes me think of Vietnam and Sodom
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Dec 2nd '09, 06:48

irons wrote:[attachment=3376:AO.png]

[attachment=3380:fuckshitdamn_3be.gif]

The only thing that can protect you from irons... is nothing.
Attachments
fuckshitdamn_3be.gif
fuckshitdamn_3be.gif (948.56 KiB) Viewed 3643 times
Last edited by Kurinn on Dec 2nd '09, 06:49, edited 1 time in total.
Kurinn

Post Dec 5th '09, 17:13

Some scenario had a level where you fly around in a Juggernaut, killing Pfhor with fire from the sky. Uhhh... I think it was Marathon Dissent.... or was it Operation Vengeance? Cool idea anyway.
spukrian

Post Dec 6th '09, 03:02

spukrian wrote:Operation Vengeance

yup, someone already did this. With a nice map included.
words

ellio7t
long beach, ca no, now I live in L.A.

Post Dec 6th '09, 04:42

yeah that was impressive for not using scripting.
Until next time...

raithe

Post Dec 6th '09, 17:13

What a brilliant little scenario, especially without the scripting. Just a question- how the hell did he do the window on top of a window (where you can see fighters overlooking your Juggernaut-y action), on the level where you had to go through the Pfhor ship's infrastructure and destroy some circuits?
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 6th '09, 22:56

Dugit wrote:What a brilliant little scenario, especially without the scripting. Just a question- how the hell did he do the window on top of a window (where you can see fighters overlooking your Juggernaut-y action), on the level where you had to go through the Pfhor ship's infrastructure and destroy some circuits?

I think I saw a tip on how to on someone's Forge tips and tricks
Until next time...

raithe

Post Dec 6th '09, 23:33

jason harper is the best reference for this stuff
dude, seriously. dude.

thermoplyae

Return to Projects