Kill Them All III: The Complete Masterworks

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Jan 12th '10, 01:05

Kill Them All III: The Complete Masterworks is on Simplici7y.

It has 36 maps.

Magnanimous thanks to everyone who's helped out since December '06.
Last edited by RyokoTK on Jan 13th '10, 04:00, edited 1 time in total.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 12th '10, 01:09

Oh and for anyone who wants to just level skip to the new levels, they are: Champagne Bath, The Mindkiller, Guns of Avalon, Paratroopers, Battleaxe, Distorting a Code, To Protect and Serve, Clean Up Duty, and Fury.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 12th '10, 04:40

One of these days I'll have KTAI finished...
localwarming

Post Jan 12th '10, 04:59

There's really no point now since all of KTA1 has been subsumed into this.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 12th '10, 06:28

Ouch, you cut both my submissions.
:D
That's okay, they weren't great.
F-OBED F-OBED F-OBED
Map badly if you must, but MAP.
Pfheil

Post Jan 12th '10, 07:53

Huzzah!
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jan 12th '10, 10:58

Well, I've found a possible bug with Fury, there's no saves for most of the level, and the level goes on for a very long time. It's really frustrating having to redo all of that stuff over and over again, because you can't really just run through it all quickly again.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Jan 12th '10, 12:25

Pfheil wrote:Ouch, you cut both my submissions.
That's okay, they weren't great.

Wait, I did? Shit! Did you email them to me? If so, can you do it again? The more maps, the merrier.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 12th '10, 12:27

Shadowbreaker wrote:Well, I've found a possible bug with Fury, there's no saves for most of the level, and the level goes on for a very long time. It's really frustrating having to redo all of that stuff over and over again, because you can't really just run through it all quickly again.

That's not a bug, you gotta run it without saving. The following two levels (Treason Trigger and Sweating Bullets) are the same way.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 12th '10, 14:49

At least in KTA 1, I found that running through a level without saving was pretty much the only way to go.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Jan 12th '10, 17:15

RyokoTK wrote:

good movie.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Jan 12th '10, 18:35

OK, here's my two cents:

Champagne Bath: Good, I give 3/5. The level was more boring than intense; too many Bobs firing aimlessly at walls etc.

The Mindkiller: Excellent. 5/5.

Guns of Avalon: Good, I give 3/5. The level was too easy for this stage; it felt cramped, and at the beginning, a Defender inadvertently shoots you unless you run all the way forward, which first triers won't know.

Paratroopers: Bloody excellent. 5/5. My favorite new level.

Battleaxe: Cool. 5/5.

Distorting a Code: Great, but 4/5. The level was too easy for that stage, and the combat was uninteresting, I found.

To Protect and Serve: Awesome. 5/5.

Clean Up Duty: Superb. 5/5.

Fury: Marvelous. 5/5.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jan 12th '10, 20:19

Yeah the difficulty curve isn't completely smooth because I focused more on alternating mappers than anything else. A lot of maps by the same author are kinda samey as far as KTA is concerned, and screamingfool and I in particular have a ton, so I had to shift maps around a bit to break up the style.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 12th '10, 20:34

RyokoTK wrote:Yeah the difficulty curve isn't completely smooth because I focused more on alternating mappers than anything else. A lot of maps by the same author are kinda samey as far as KTA is concerned, and screamingfool and I in particular have a ton, so I had to shift maps around a bit to break up the style.

Oh. Then that's fine.

I think KTA needs an ultimate boss level. Something with latter-TGI difficulty.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jan 12th '10, 20:43

The last 3 levels are all pretty damn hard, I don't think anything even harder would contribute much.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 12th '10, 22:07

The Complete Masterworks complete changelog from 0.9 and earlier:

* King of the Mountain: Moved the SMG to the beginning of the level and adjusted the Trooper ambush to not be as terrible. Added a 2x canister near the exit teleporter by the final ambush.

* Blunder Hill: Replaced much of the pistol ammo with the SMG. Since the (first) beta release, I've substantially adjusted the combat on this level to be a little more intense, but also more fair.

* Tigger's Reason: Removed the closing door trapping players in (or out) of the MOAC room. Since 0.9, I've also shortened the time required to open the following door, reduced the amount of available health, and replaced the Tiny Fighters with regular ones.

* Probed: Replaced the Tiny Fighters with regular ones, removed a couple Enforcers, replaced a 2x canister with a 3x canister.

* Babylon Basics: Added a couple monster triggers that make the reverse route a little smoother.

* A Warlike Feel: Adjusted the Enforcers at the beginning of the level.

* Spirit of a Sponge: Reduced the available health on the level.

* Supermassive Black Hole: Moved around the ammo to make it more obvious.

* Blind Paper Dragon: Both exit teleporters now go to the same level and are made obvious on the automap.

* Hunters Should Howl: Removed the 2x canister but added several 1x canisters around the map to encourage moving instead of camping.

* Treason Trigger: Added a 3x canister at the spawn point and added a couple more 1x canisters around the map.

* Sweating Bullets: Replaced the last 2x canister with a 3x canister.

EDIT (this is all post-0.9 stuff):
* San Sebastian: Boosted the difficulty by replacing many Fighters with Troopers or Enforcers.

* Fury: Added a ton of A-Bobs, and added/boosted the good guys at the final fight.
Last edited by RyokoTK on Jan 12th '10, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 12th '10, 22:07

Dugit wrote:Paratroopers: Bloody excellent. 5/5. My favorite new level.

Clean Up Duty: Superb. 5/5.

These two levels were both done in the mightiness of Forge (except the extra objects on Clean Up Duty), incase you are wondering.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Jan 13th '10, 01:16

Just found the map JohannesG made, "As Embers Dress the Sky." I don't know how I overlooked it.

An updated version should be available in the next couple days which includes this 36th map.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 13th '10, 03:07

RyokoTK wrote:Just found the map JohannesG made, "As Embers Dress the Sky." I don't know how I overlooked it.

An updated version should be available in the next couple days which includes this 36th map.

Heh, I was just going to inquire about that.

For those of you who don't know of it, it's pretty good - short but lots of run n' gun fun.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post Jan 13th '10, 03:59

Remember when I said I'd post a new beta tomorrow? I lied. 1.00 is on Simplici7y.

This is not a "final" version. Please report any bugs you find. If Pfheil hits me back with his maps again, I'll (eventually) upload another version.

Also, if anyone feels the urge to make a KTA map, and it's good, I'm sure eventually it'd make its way into an updated version.

Thank God it's over.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 13th '10, 07:49

Remember on KTA I and II, there was a prologue level and an epilogue level? Why doesn't III have these? Just wondering; it would be a nice continuity touch.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jan 13th '10, 14:48

I address that in the read-me actually, I think they're just kinda unnecessary. No one wants to read that stuff, and if they do, it's in the readme.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 15th '10, 00:27

RyokoTK wrote:Just found the map JohannesG made, "As Embers Dress the Sky." I don't know how I overlooked it.

Glad to hear it eventually made it into the release. And congratulations (and thanks) to you for this huge and enjoyable release. I've been wondering how to waste my birthday and Kill Them All seems like a perfect solution to that problem. Beer & Kill Them All!

Lh wrote:Heh, I was just going to inquire about that.

For those of you who don't know of it, it's pretty good - short but lots of run n' gun fun.

thank you.
Last edited by JohannesG on Jan 15th '10, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.

JohannesG

Post Jan 15th '10, 18:10

Updated version already! Get 1.10 on Simplici7y.

This one has two new maps: Pfheil's lost map Pagoda Panic, and a new map by $lave that I peer pressured him into making.

It also has many bug fixes, mostly for co-op, so if you play KTA3 online I highly recommend updating.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 15th '10, 18:13

Neato, i will try it out in a few hours.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Next

Return to Projects