Marathon Green

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Marathon Green.png
[/size]
"They where asleep before we could even walk. And now they are awoken."

Marathon Green is a total conversion scenario for Infinity. (Because it's the most advanced one) I made this thread to discuss and develop the thing into what I want it to be and more. I'm aiming to make it really atmospheric and enough good as it must be. It's going to have it's own textures, sprites and weapons to make it feel like a new game. I'm also gonna add music but I don't know how, I'm pretty much stuck right now.

If I'm allowed to. I would hire some people here because I can't draw realism and it's going to take years if I'll do this alone cause of lack of skill. I want this done no matter what and so I need assistance from the community. (If it's still around)

The music I made isn't that phenomenal but I'm getting the hang of it someday. The story is gonna be written by me and.. Well let's see if it's going to be cartoony looking or not cause I can draw that.
Adminn_1
Cyborg

"Weed will make me God."

Marathon Weed is a total conversion scenario for Infinity. (Because it's the most advanced weed) I made this thread to discuss and develop the weed into what I want it to be and more. I'm aiming to really make it weed and have enough weed as it must be. It's going to have it's own weed, weed and weed to make it feel like a new weed. I'm also gonna add weed but I don't know how, I'm pretty much stuck right now.

If I'm allowed to. I would hire some people here because I can't draw weed and it's going to take years if I'll do this alone cause of lack of weed. I want this done no matter what and so I need weed from the community. (If it's still around)

The weed I made isn't that phenomenal but I'm getting the hang of it someday. The weed is gonna be written by me and.. Well let's see if it's going to be weed looking or not cause I can draw that.
Please donate to NEFX today. https://ko-fi.com/adminn1nefx
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Adminn_1 wrote:"Weed will make me God."

Marathon Weed is a total conversion scenario for Infinity. (Because it's the most advanced weed) I made this thread to discuss and develop the weed into what I want it to be and more. I'm aiming to really make it weed and have enough weed as it must be. It's going to have it's own weed, weed and weed to make it feel like a new weed. I'm also gonna add weed but I don't know how, I'm pretty much stuck right now.

If I'm allowed to. I would hire some people here because I can't draw weed and it's going to take years if I'll do this alone cause of lack of weed. I want this done no matter what and so I need weed from the community. (If it's still around)

The weed I made isn't that phenomenal but I'm getting the hang of it someday. The weed is gonna be written by me and.. Well let's see if it's going to be weed looking or not cause I can draw that.
Have something against me?

EDIT: Or you just wanted to be funny. I don't know, the internet is full with trolls.
Adminn_1
Cyborg

Not at all, I was just wondering if you could just give me some weed.
Please donate to NEFX today. https://ko-fi.com/adminn1nefx
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Actually the name Marathon Green came by because there's another scenario named Marathon Red. Green is my favorite color.
General-RADIX
Cyborg

Hm...I'm not a mapper yet, but if this project gets like 50% done I might be able to help with story/art stuff.

How much do you have done? If it's less than half, you might wanna hold off on the recruitment drive.
welcome to the scene of the crash
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

General-RADIX wrote:Hm...I'm not a mapper yet, but if this project gets like 50% done I might be able to help with story/art stuff.

How much do you have done? If it's less than half, you might wanna hold off on the recruitment drive.
Yeaa it's really not half way at all. I just came up with it when I made some music, I'm working on the story and I can't get any map editors running yet. Possibly because I use Sierra on a tiny little laptop.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Screamernail wrote: Have something against me?
Don't mind Adminn_1. He's just taking out his frustration with his lack of ability to make Yuge playthrough videos on you.
Flowers
Cyborg

Screamernail wrote:
Marathon Green.png
[/size]
It's going to have it's own textures, sprites and weapons to make it feel like a new game. I'm also gonna add music but I don't know how, I'm pretty much stuck right now.
I've never made a total conversion but I imagine it'd be best to design the maps firstly and then work on new textures and sprites afterwards, yes?
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

Why do I feel like this is a parody of me even though it's almost certainly not.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Well look at that, this site isn't dead after all.

@Wrkncacnter
He might just joke around maybe?

@Flowers
I want to make layouts but I lack access to any functional editors. Or maybe you mean a blueprint/drawing of the map with an art program?

@Pfhorrest
Don't worry, it isn't a parody of you. I've gotten inspired by IAN to name it green. (My fav color) And there's so much more things that's green rather than nature only. I've thought of a green nebula the most.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

I'm dying. Or maybe I'm already dead. Yeah, that must be it.
ravenshining
Vidmaster

I died four years ago, but I'm still kickin'
philtron
Mjolnir Mark IV

Rest In Peace, Marathon Green,
The shortest scenario I've ever seen.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

philtron wrote:Rest In Peace, Marathon Green,
The shortest scenario I've ever seen.
Someone else might do it?
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Most likely, yeah.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

RyokoTK wrote:Most likely, yeah.
What?

If someone want to make it then I can guide that someone. This project where to be the most atmospheric one I planed and maybe someone can take this job of mine.
HelviusRufus
Cyborg

Surrealist threads feature the element of surprise, unexpected juxtaposition, and non sequitur.
And Oxford commas.
I just play 'em; I don't know how they work.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

I've done something similar to Marathon Green. Not much but something. I've called it "Feral" which is a practice scenario to say. It's plain and simple and might get released as a little scenario when I know how to do things in Weland right.
Skärmavbild 2017-11-26 kl. 16.12.57.png
Skärmavbild 2017-11-26 kl. 16.12.52.png
Skärmavbild 2017-11-26 kl. 16.12.45.png
It very little and the texture set is not complete. I still have to learn how to make terminals and edit already textured levels. And about Rester, I think that it needs to be put on a more powerful engine because of what I have planed for it is pretty more complex then what Aleph One can handle. So Marathon Green might happen after all!

Comment signing off.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

Well, just these screenshots already put you far ahead of almost everyone else who's ever come through here announcing their big ambitions. Usually people will get as far as a title screen and then give up before anyone sees anything else they might have done. You've at least made some textures and some levels and from what I can see in the screenshots they look pretty well-made. :-)
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

This is just a little scenario for practice. And Marathon Green will not look this simple.

And, you know how to properly make levels with functional terminals and even music? I know that Atque is required to merge the map and script but I always get an (error 1).
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

I've not familiarized myself with the current toolchain (Weland and VML), just the old Forge and its visual mode. Atque is straightforward enough but I don't know details enough to solve your error message. I'd recommend splitting another map file with all the features you want, and comparing its structure to your merge folder, to make sure you're putting everything in the right place for Atque to do its magic.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

I tried with the Marathon Infinity map file but I did just what it did. That or I haven't looked around yet.

Anyway I'm soon gonna post the map that's shown on the screenshots with it's unfinished shapes file. However I couldn't make a landscape texture for it because I think shape fusion is messing with me.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Okay maybe I shouldn't submit the map just yet. (Or level) But I can do a walkthrough of it.

First I must get a screen recorder.

EDIT: Never-mind I recorded it using QuickTime Player.
https://orig00.deviantart.net/87cc/f/20 ... bxhabb.mp4

Music is char _argv[] by Access to Arasaka.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Another update. I might quit Marathon.

I made this https://ex475.deviantart.com/journal/Can-t-723744215.

All I have to say now is that I don't know what to do anymore.

EDIT: Or I might not quit Marathon. I don't know what to think of myself for not choosing any decision at first.