Who the hell is responsible for this scenario??

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
philtron
Mjolnir Mark IV

General-RADIX wrote:Hey Philtron, what path does pressing the Footswitch open? It's not obvious just looking at the map, and it doesn't seem like anything in the immediate area was affected.
Spoiler:
It opens a door directly north of the footswitch, but in a different area. You can see where by looking at the map. As ravenshining says, you can hear the door open when you step on it; but it is a multi-use switch, so if you step on it again the door will close.

You have to jump over a goo pit to get to the room that's been unlocked by the footswitch. You probably already killed the Enforcer guarding it. If I remember correctly the room contains a few terminals, a switch, and a 2x charger?
General-RADIX
Cyborg

philtron wrote:
Spoiler:
It opens a door directly north of the footswitch, but in a different area. You can see where by looking at the map. As ravenshining says, you can hear the door open when you step on it; but it is a multi-use switch, so if you step on it again the door will close.

You have to jump over a goo pit to get to the room that's been unlocked by the footswitch. You probably already killed the Enforcer guarding it. If I remember correctly the room contains a few terminals, a switch, and a 2x charger?
Spoiler:
Yannow, I'd actually jumped there earlier, but read Fractilion's terminal first, got sent back, and wasn't sure if I'd gone to the right place. D'oi.
welcome to the scene of the crash
ForeverBlackened
Born on Board

I did 'Ctrl-Shift' and went to the final level and was like... 'Wut...' The final terminal yo. Did it make anyone strangely uncomfortable?
The Man
Vidmaster

I find the entire scenario tremendously unsettling, which is part of why I haven’t played more of it (that, and my save file is on my Windows box, which is encoding films for my YT channel most of the time, and I’ve been too lazy to move it over). But I did skip to the last level just out of curiosity, and it’s strange and unsettling even by this scenario’s standards. I think it’s a secret level, though I’m not sure how one gets to it.

Wonderful scenario, though. I do intend to play more of it soon; the game’s intention of disorienting the player meshes very well with my current philosophy of game design.
“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” —V, V for Vendetta (Alan Moore)

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

“If others had not been foolish, we should be so.” —William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

“The law cannot protect anyone unless it binds everyone; and it cannot bind anyone unless it protects everyone.” —Frank Wilhoit

Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · Where Monsters Are in Dreams · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge
ravenshining
Vidmaster

Nah, I was totally sympathising with Elizabeth Globelamp. Casualties of the Wingding Zone, on the other hand, that was disturbing. I'm grateful for the fusion-jump that lets you short circuit most of it.
Flowers
Cyborg

Is there only one exit on Wholely Hannah, which leads to the 'secret level'? I've been looking around for quite a long time now and can only seem to find my way out via the terminal that takes you to Antichrist and Barcodes. Great scenario by the way. If the author happens to be reading this, I hope you continue work on it. It certainly has my interest.
Lion O Cyborg
Cyborg

Is there a link to the version with fixed MML? It might be worth checking out. Otherwise, what do I change in the files so it works? I'm not familiar with MML yet.