Marathon Trojan revival?

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Aug 6th '10, 13:28

Treellama wrote:No, they very clearly said they did not want anyone to release a version compatible with Aleph One, unless it was them.


gotcha
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
User avatar

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Aug 6th '10, 13:31

I just want the shapes, map, sounds and physics so I can play it on infinity! Aren't the files for the original windows marathon compatible with Aleph One?
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
User avatar

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Aug 6th '10, 13:32

apparently the iso from the download link is corrupt. that is a problem. anyway the m2 version of trojan is compatible with a1
User avatar

FlashMan1294
Nopelaw Jones

Post Aug 6th '10, 13:37

Dugit wrote:I just want the shapes, map, sounds and physics so I can play it on infinity! Aren't the files for the original windows marathon compatible with Aleph One?


the installer converted the m2 files into trojan files thats how they were compatible with a1
User avatar

FlashMan1294
Nopelaw Jones

Post Aug 6th '10, 13:40

ok here is the plan i'm going to install m2 on my pc, copy it, zip it, and then put it on simplici7 so that you guys can use the trojan installer.

oh and Treellama, this is ok right?

on my pc it seems like the trojan installer is 32 bit. maybe one of you 64 bit dudes could try the trojan installer so we can make sure
Last edited by FlashMan1294 on Aug 6th '10, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

FlashMan1294
Nopelaw Jones

Post Aug 6th '10, 13:56

Is it the Marathon 2 for Windows 95 installer that's 16-bit? I thought it was the Trojan installer we're talking about.

If it's Marathon 2 for Windows 95 that's the issue, we can definitely put a new version on trilogyrelease for 64-bit Windows users.
User avatar

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Aug 6th '10, 13:58

the trojan isntaller works and is a 32 bit executable. so yes M2 is the issue.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
User avatar

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Aug 6th '10, 13:58

Treellama wrote:Is it the Marathon 2 for Windows 95 installer that's 16-bit? I thought it was the Trojan installer we're talking about.

If it's Marathon 2 for Windows 95 that's the issue, we can definitely put a new version on trilogyrelease for 64-bit Windows users.


by the way the iso on trilogyrelease is corrupt.
User avatar

FlashMan1294
Nopelaw Jones

Post Aug 6th '10, 14:00

CryoS wrote:the trojan isntaller works and is a 32 bit executable. so yes M2 is the issue.


ok that makes things much easier. according to the trojan installer all you need is m2.exe and a serial number.
User avatar

FlashMan1294
Nopelaw Jones

Post Aug 6th '10, 14:02

FlashMan1294 wrote:by the way the iso on trilogyrelease is corrupt.

Did you download it with Internet Explorer? Try Firefox.
User avatar

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Aug 6th '10, 14:03

Treellama wrote:Did you download it with Internet Explorer? Try Firefox.


i use the opera browser but i'll try firefox
User avatar

FlashMan1294
Nopelaw Jones

Post Aug 6th '10, 14:03

Treellama wrote:Try Firefox.


mmmm firefox [MGrin]
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
User avatar

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Aug 6th '10, 14:06

CryoS wrote:mmmm firefox [MGrin]


so anyway what if someone just put m2.exe as a separate download on trilogyrelease? that would make things easier
User avatar

FlashMan1294
Nopelaw Jones

Post Aug 6th '10, 14:20

ok now i have a working m2.exe i don't know what to do with it. will i get in trouble if i post it to simplic7ty with instructions on how to download trojan?
User avatar

FlashMan1294
Nopelaw Jones

Post Aug 6th '10, 14:33

M2 should be fine, we host that already.

I will try to get an installer-less zip file of M2 for Windows 95 set up for trilogyrelease.bungie.org
User avatar

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Aug 6th '10, 14:54

Treellama wrote:M2 should be fine, we host that already.

I will try to get an installer-less zip file of M2 for Windows 95 set up for trilogyrelease.bungie.org


Alright thanks man!

btw i downloaded the iso with firefox. and it still turned up corrupt. i think its cause its in a zip file.
Last edited by FlashMan1294 on Aug 6th '10, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

FlashMan1294
Nopelaw Jones

Post Aug 6th '10, 16:32

just upload M2.exe its all that is needed
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
User avatar

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Aug 6th '10, 22:49

According to Wrk, the Trojan team messed with elements of the M95 exe itself, meaning there are bizarre problems with the resulting game if you try to use Aleph One. FlashMan, are you able to confirm or deny this?
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
User avatar

irons
(.Y.)

Post Aug 6th '10, 23:24

irons wrote:According to Wrk, the Trojan team messed with elements of the M95 exe itself, meaning there are bizarre problems with the resulting game if you try to use Aleph One. FlashMan, are you able to confirm or deny this?


That was the reason they didn't want anyone porting it. They had some weird problem where they couldn't just import the old m1 files.

also from the Trojan M2 site: " The Trojan package may be distributed freely, as long as it is kept in its original form (as an installer file) with all documentation included. Modified versions of the Trojan package and/or individual resources may not be distributed without permission from the project supervisor and relevant authors."
Last edited by ellio7t on Aug 6th '10, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.
words
User avatar

ellio7t
long beach, ca no, now I live in L.A.

Post Aug 6th '10, 23:28

To everyone:

Unless you're willing to play this from the executable that the Trojan installer gives you, or you're willing to make major modifications to the shapes/sounds yourself, don't even bother with this.
User avatar

Wrkncacnter

Post Aug 7th '10, 01:23

irons wrote:According to Wrk, the Trojan team messed with elements of the M95 exe itself, meaning there are bizarre problems with the resulting game if you try to use Aleph One. FlashMan, are you able to confirm or deny this?


i was able to play trojan just fine on a1. as you can see after you patch m2.exe you have the files necessary to play trojan on A1




[attachment=4044:ScreenHu...06_18.21.jpg]
Attachments
ScreenHunter_01_Aug._06_18.21.jpg
ScreenHunter_01_Aug._06_18.21.jpg (32.37 KiB) Viewed 8269 times
Last edited by FlashMan1294 on Aug 7th '10, 01:24, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

FlashMan1294
Nopelaw Jones

Post Aug 7th '10, 01:51

FlashMan1294 wrote:i was able to play trojan just fine on a1. as you can see after you patch m2.exe you have the files necessary to play trojan on A1
[attachment=4044:ScreenHu...06_18.21.jpg]


I know that there was a post on this topic that said a lot about not releasing Trojan in any way shape or form unless it was from the authors...
...but can you do it anyway? Whats to stop you? Legal issues?

Uploading your now functional Trojan TC to Simplici7y would help future generations.
Last edited by MoppyPuppy on Aug 7th '10, 02:08, edited 1 time in total.
MoppyPuppy
Lake Nebagamon, WI

Post Aug 7th '10, 01:56

MoppyPuppy wrote:I know that there was a post on this topic that said a lot about not releasing Trojan in any way shape or form unless it was from the authors...
...but can you do it anyway? Whats to stop you? Legal issues?

Uploading your now functional Trojan TC to Simplici7y would help future generations.

It is NOT functional. Flashman, please do not upload broken files or continue to get people's hopes up.
Last edited by Wrkncacnter on Aug 7th '10, 02:01, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

Wrkncacnter

Post Aug 7th '10, 02:05

W wrote:It is NOT functional. Flashman, please do not upload broken files or continue to get people's hopes up.


i didnt upload anything bro, K? and yes i did play trojan in a1. i'm not joking
User avatar

FlashMan1294
Nopelaw Jones

Post Aug 7th '10, 02:16

FlashMan1294 wrote:i didnt upload anything bro, K? and yes i did play trojan in a1. i'm not joking

Please upload some screenshots of the beginning room at different angles.
User avatar

Wrkncacnter

PreviousNext

Return to Projects



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users