Marathon: W'rkncacnter

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

Sorry about the double post, but this scenario is absolutely AMAZING!

Once you get through the little prologue of course.

Its kinda like if Kyoto Animation, the anime studio that made the second season of Suzumiya Haruhi made a Marathon scenario.
interion
Cyborg

MoppyPuppy wrote:Sorry about the double post, but this scenario is absolutely AMAZING!

Once you get through the little prologue of course.

Its kinda like if Kyoto Animation, the anime studio that made the second season of Suzumiya Haruhi made a Marathon scenario.
Thank god they weren't allowed anywhere near the first season.
Image Image
NXF
Cyborg

MoppyPuppy wrote:Once you get through the little prologue of course.
Yes, that was f---ing hard with no ammo and a crapload of hunter and juggernaught majors
treellama
Vidmaster

I think ammo and monster placement could be improved a bit, this being my first scenario. But irons also pointed out, it's possible to beat those levels without killing everything.

Edit: I'll also point out, that if you're clever/patient enough, there is easily enough ammo to clear every monster in the standard levels on TC
Last edited by treellama on Apr 22nd '10, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

The levels actually have quite a bit of ammo, you just have to look for it. Scenario is a bit easy imo.
Last edited by RyokoTK on Apr 22nd '10, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

The W'rkncacnter is depicted extraordinarily well.
You really feel the hopelessness in the plot later on.
A real, by definition, eternal nightmare.
brilliant
Mjolnir Mark IV

I've read some good things about this scenario, and I agree that it is good, having played some of it :) Have you considered making a part 2?
"My advise: V" - g pack
NXF
Cyborg

brilliant wrote:I've read some good things about this scenario, and I agree that it is good, having played some of it :) Have you considered making a part 2?
He is currently working on the netmaps.
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

I just finished the scenario today.

I don't want to spoil anything but I have to say...
The ending will FREAK your mind.
treellama
Vidmaster

Haha, I'll spoil it myself: I forgot to include an epilogue screen.

Oh well, maybe in the next version.
Last edited by treellama on Apr 24th '10, 12:13, edited 1 time in total.
NXF
Cyborg

On the second level (I know, I'm not that far into this) there is a terminal without the images. I'll give the details later, I need to go.

EDIT: The terminal after you insert the keycard was missing its images. These are the screens.
[attachment=3675:missing1.png]
[attachment=3676:missing2.png]
Attachments
missing2.png
missing2.png (48.87 KiB) Viewed 8092 times
missing1.png
missing1.png (89.08 KiB) Viewed 8093 times
Last edited by NXF on Apr 25th '10, 01:53, edited 1 time in total.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

I'm starting to think this scenario wasn't thoroughly tested.
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

W wrote:I'm starting to think this scenario wasn't thoroughly tested.
Whether the theme is the W'rkcacnter made by Bungie, or W'rkcacnter as in you, the execution was perfect.
Dugit
Vidmaster

Just come out of retirement to play this. And it was totally worth it. Nice one again, Treellama.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
L'howon
Vidmaster

Tim wrote:the release of Marathon: ARMORED CORE
In accordance with TL's naming conventions, will this scenario only be compatible with OS X?
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
treellama
Vidmaster

Lh wrote:In accordance with TL's naming conventions
Say what?
L'howon
Vidmaster

Treellama wrote:Say what?
Marathon: Armored Core

:EDIT:
Might as well preempt Ryoko's inevitable 'you aren't funny'

I GET IT, IT'S LAME YOU GUYS.
Last edited by L'howon on Apr 27th '10, 00:35, edited 1 time in total.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Actually what is funny is that TL didn't get it. But gimme a break here, I said that twice.
FireAngel
Spazeroid

Yay, Robert enabled my account!

Didn't get the confirmation email see, so I had to contact admin.

First post, sorry to bring a less enthusiastic post to the thread, but I can't get this one to start at all; it may be something I'm doing wrong of course. I've played many Aleph One scenarios, through the Marathon trilogy conversions, Rubicon, TGI, Tempus Irae and loads more so I am not a beginner. However every time I start up Marathon W'rkncacnter I get an error informing me that Aleph One has taken all available memory and still has not enough so it must quit. Since the old Mac I use has 1GB, somehow I don't think a lack of RAM is really the problem. It runs OK playing all the other scenarios I have tried so I am posting here in the hope of finding out how to get this one running.

Apple Mac "Sawtooth" G4 500MHz, Radeon 7000 64MB graphics card, 1GB RAM and five hard drives of varying sizes up to 400GB. Mac OS 10.4.11.

Any advice please? I'd really like to play this one...
---------------

Ancient Chinese proverb: The man who does not make mistakes does not make anything.
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

FireAngel wrote:Yay, Robert enabled my account!

Didn't get the confirmation email see, so I had to contact admin.

First post, sorry to bring a less enthusiastic post to the thread, but I can't get this one to start at all; it may be something I'm doing wrong of course. I've played many Aleph One scenarios, through the Marathon trilogy conversions, Rubicon, TGI, Tempus Irae and loads more so I am not a beginner. However every time I start up Marathon W'rkncacnter I get an error informing me that Aleph One has taken all available memory and still has not enough so it must quit. Since the old Mac I use has 1GB, somehow I don't think a lack of RAM is really the problem. It runs OK playing all the other scenarios I have tried so I am posting here in the hope of finding out how to get this one running.

Apple Mac "Sawtooth" G4 500MHz, Radeon 7000 64MB graphics card, 1GB RAM and five hard drives of varying sizes up to 400GB. Mac OS 10.4.11.

Any advice please? I'd really like to play this one...
Man you gotta get that thing fixed like, RIGHT NOW.

Marathon W'rkncacnter rivals modern games like Halo 3 and Dead Space in almost every aspect except in terms of graphics.
Scenarios like Rubicon may be longer, but no scenario matches W'rkncacnter's atmosphere.
You can really tell that 7 YEARS went into this scenario, and its even more amazing that Treellama was able to keep it a secret this long, Any one else with a scenario of this caliber would have started gloating long before its release.
treellama
Vidmaster

Are you running the latest version of Aleph One? Try that first.
FireAngel
Spazeroid

MoppyPuppy wrote:Man you gotta get that thing fixed like, RIGHT NOW.

Marathon W'rkncacnter rivals modern games like Halo 3 and Dead Space in almost every aspect except in terms of graphics.
Scenarios like Rubicon may be longer, but no scenario matches W'rkncacnter's atmosphere.
You can really tell that 7 YEARS went into this scenario, and its even more amazing that Treellama was able to keep it a secret this long, Any one else with a scenario of this caliber would have started gloating long before its release.
Well Yeah, another big scenario to play is always welcome, and not being able to get it started has been frustrating.
Treellama wrote:Are you running the latest version of Aleph One? Try that first.
Oh yeah, that worked! I went back a few versions some time ago, because I often have more than one scenario in play, and the later versions of Aleph one killed the ability to switch folders. That really needs to be put back in so we can save and load files where we want. To me it's a most basic part of a filing interface and for it to be missing on Aleph One just sucks.

Anyway I'm going to get stuck in and I'll let the forum members here know how it seems to me. The first level certainly has an atmospheric feel to it, so once I get to killing some enemies we'll see how it goes. I'm off to play an hour or two right now...

Thank you for the reminder about the software version.
---------------

Ancient Chinese proverb: The man who does not make mistakes does not make anything.
NXF
Cyborg

MoppyPuppy wrote:Marathon W'rkncacnter rivals modern games like Halo 3 and Dead Space in almost every aspect except in terms of graphics.
Stop trying to suck up to Treellama.
irons
Vidmaster

FireAngel wrote:I went back a few versions some time ago, because I often have more than one scenario in play, and the later versions of Aleph one killed the ability to switch folders. That really needs to be put back in so we can save and load files where we want. To me it's a most basic part of a filing interface and for it to be missing on Aleph One just sucks.
PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF THE CODE LET ME LOAD AND SAVE GAMES WHERE I WANTED TO, THE LATEST VERSION FORCES ME TO SAVE THEM IN ONE PRESET LOCATION AND LOAD THEM FROM THERE. WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS AN IMPROVEMENT? IT ISN'T. IF I HAVE A FOLDER WITH RUBICON X IN IT AND ANOTHER WITH ETERNAL IN IT ALL THE SAVED GAMES NOW GET MIXED UP TOGETHER, AND IT'S A RIGHT PAIN KEEPING TRACK OF WHICH SAVED GAME BELONGS TO WHICH SCENARIO. THE NATIVE OS X FILE BROWSING WAS ALSO MUCH EASIER TO READ THAN THE CURRENT INTERFACE, WHICH LOOKS GRAPHICALLY MORE IN TUNE WITH THE GAMES, BUT STINKS WHERE LEGIBILITY IS CONCERNED. FILE SAVING AD LOADING IS BEST DONE THE WAY IT ALWAYS WAS ON OS X, IT WAS FAR MORE FLEXIBLE AND MUCH LESS CONFUSING.

PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF THE GAME ALSO SET THE TYPE AND CREATOR CODES ON THE MAC, SO I COULD DOUBLE CLICK ON A SAVED GAME AND IT WOULD LOAD THE PROGRAM AND THEN THE SAVED GAME AUTOMATICALLY. NOW THEY HAVE A GENERIC DOCUMENT ICON, AND I HAVE TO LOAD MANUALLY FROM THE PROGRAM WHICH IS SORT OF OK BUT NOT AS GOOD AS THE PREVIOUS SITUATION.

Edit:

I have a forces mes, but stinks who thought thator codes on the
Mac, so I could double click on improvemen the saved game auto which
scenario. The native OS X in it and and creato, the cument interfacenal
in it all
the game automatically. Now they have a games now get internal i could
double clich is
sort done the a forces me to saved game also set the the current
interface,
which looks graphically more in tune who thought that was an
improvement? It isn't. File in tune with the gament? It isn't. If
I have in tune with the
program and the game also set the type and creator codes where beload
and it's a right pain keeping
track of with Rubicon X in it and anow they have a graphically more in
the saving also much easier to load mixed up together to read tune with
the games where I was and anothe game also much easier them from
there.
Last edited by irons on May 2nd '10, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps