Summer mapmaking collaboration project

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Aug 11th '12, 00:21

Destiny wrote:I have no clue what the project was.

A joke that most of you fell for.

Wrkncacnter

Post Aug 11th '12, 17:09

I made a map that was too big for KTA. Maybe it can squeeze into here. Most people who played it said it sucked, though. It was an attempt to recreate a map from another fps and force it into the marathon engine.
VikingBoyBilly

Post Jan 29th '13, 09:12

coming this summer...

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Jan 6th '15, 00:54

I don't believe that card keys never worked, in actuality. There is a map in Pfh'joueur (level 4) that has two chip insertion points, and no uplink chips, but two key cards. The key cards have no light triggers on their polygons. I clearly remember completing this level several times on the Infinity Engine. It appears to be impossible in A1. I double checked to make sure the chip insertion points were actual insertion points and not tag switches or anything else.
Mazaro

Post Jan 6th '15, 08:22

Mazaro wrote:I don't believe that card keys never worked, in actuality. There is a map in Pfh'joueur (level 4) that has two chip insertion points, and no uplink chips, but two key cards. The key cards have no light triggers on their polygons. I clearly remember completing this level several times on the Infinity Engine. It appears to be impossible in A1. I double checked to make sure the chip insertion points were actual insertion points and not tag switches or anything else.

Did you perhaps gravedig an unrelated topic by mistake?

Crater Creator

Post Jan 6th '15, 14:16

Crater, I assume you mean he might have posted this on the wrong topic? I read through most of it, they were indeed at one point discussing why key cards don't work.
XXXXTYCHOXXXX

$lave wrote:Damnit bridgit, you are forgetting how fucking serious business the internet is.

Tycho X
Aenna Prime

Post Jan 6th '15, 18:46

Thanks, Tycho X. I read the last page or two and didn't see any connection. Mazaro, if you're going to reply to an old, long thread like that, you should quote the post you're replying to for context.

Crater Creator

Post Jan 17th '15, 19:33

Mazaro wrote:There is a map in Pfh'joueur (level 4) that has two chip insertion points, and no uplink chips, but two key cards. The key cards have no light triggers on their polygons. I clearly remember completing this level several times on the Infinity Engine. It appears to be impossible in A1.

The Pfh'Joueur installer modified the Marathon Infinity application to make this work. It would fail on a vanilla copy of Infinity too. You need the equivalent modifications for Aleph One.

Fortunately, somebody already worked out what's needed, and put it on Fileball ages ago. That download only works on classic Macs, but I converted it into plain text MML. Unzip this attachment and place the MML in the "Scripts" folder inside Pfh'Joueur, and the level should work. Warning: I haven't tested it myself, but I do see the line that makes certain switches accept key cards instead of uplink chips.
Attachments
Pfh'Joueur.mml.zip
(2.27 KiB) Downloaded 75 times

Hopper

Post Jan 17th '15, 20:14

Since the topic's been bumped, I might as well ask:

Ryoko, will there be a 'summer mapmaking collaboration project' this year?
Probably not, still worth a try though. I'd definitely submit something.
XXXXTYCHOXXXX

$lave wrote:Damnit bridgit, you are forgetting how fucking serious business the internet is.

Tycho X
Aenna Prime

Post Jan 18th '15, 03:29

I think this thread is evidence enough that I should not be in charge of a collaborative project like this.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 18th '15, 05:12

I'll do it. Submissions are due on the 17th.

Wrkncacnter

Post Jan 18th '15, 08:53

RyokoTK wrote:I think this thread is evidence enough that I should not be in charge of a collaborative project like this.

Oh well.

Wrk, 17th of what? :D
XXXXTYCHOXXXX

Tycho X
Aenna Prime

Previous

Return to Projects