Summer mapmaking collaboration project

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
$lave

I guess I'll post a couple screenshots too:

goran
Vidmaster

Kurinn wrote:That looks really nice. What sort of bloom settings are you using? I can practically feel the lava just from looking at it. Which lava set is that?

Former Query Redirected:
Goran?
That is a new lava set I'm working on. I let Cryos betatest the textures to find errors I might not catch. There are three textures left and some finetuning. It will be up on simplicity within a week.

About the settings, I have the lava bloom set to 0.5. Cryos might have the bloomtastic plugin turned on though, which maximize bloom on everything.
Last edited by goran on Aug 14th '10, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

G.S.10 wrote:That is a new lava set I'm working on. I let Cryos betatest the textures to find errors I might not catch. There are three textures left and some finetuning. It will be up on simplicity within a week.

About the settings, I have the lava bloom set to 0.5. Cryos might have the bloomtastic plugin turned on though, which maximize bloom on everything.
I'm definitely looking forward to your lava set. Already your water set makes all the other high-res textures look like crap by comparison, so I was hoping that those textures in Cryos' screenshot were yours.
CryoS
Vidmaster

much left to be done, but its getting there!
[attachment=4117:Applejuice_0007.png]
Attachments
Applejuice_0007.png
Applejuice_0007.png (1.66 MiB) Viewed 13818 times
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

So is this still happening? I don't want to sound accusing in any way, because I never finished a map and thus am not really helping this project in any way, but I would like to play it.
Last edited by gmanyo on Sep 24th '10, 16:03, edited 1 time in total.
Arion
Born on Board

gmanyo wrote:So is this still happening? I don't want to sound accusing in any way, because I never finished a map and thus am not really helping this project in any way, but I would like to play it.
same here
CryoS
Vidmaster

i jsut wanna know if i have time to make one more map.
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

I already made a map, but I never got any feedback. I have made revisions in the meanwhile which make the map 100% less crap, but I never got feedback on the first one, so I don't know what's going on. The first draft really sucks, though. Honestly, it does. I'd love to send the latest revision, but without any word here or there, what am I to do?
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

I'm sorry about all of this. Uh, other interests have temporarily snared me. It's difficult to provide really meaningful insight to all of these maps, because most of them are good enough that most of the feedback would be... uh, more nitpicky than particularly valuable.

I certainly haven't forgotten about it though, and yes, you can make one more map or work more if you'd like. I swear that in the next couple of weeks I will do my best to better articulate my needs to the mappers that have already contributed.

So, I'm really sorry, but I assure you I will do my best for this to come out before Winter 2 still.
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

RyokoTK wrote:I'm sorry about all of this. Uh, other interests have temporarily snared me. It's difficult to provide really meaningful insight to all of these maps, because most of them are good enough that most of the feedback would be... uh, more nitpicky than particularly valuable.

I certainly haven't forgotten about it though, and yes, you can make one more map or work more if you'd like. I swear that in the next couple of weeks I will do my best to better articulate my needs to the mappers that have already contributed.

So, I'm really sorry, but I assure you I will do my best for this to come out before Winter 2 still.
That's cool, I've got more work to do on the Winter 2 map I made too... -_-;
Drictelt
Vidmaster

Is winter 2 STILL in the works?
Eternal - Victory Dance IV - KTA III - Phoenix
More on Simplici7y: Xmas I-II-III - Winter I - Narcotics - Thrudnesday
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

It's probably stagnant; when's the last time you've seen Shadowbreaker?
Drictelt
Vidmaster

LONG time ago, but I'm even more inactive in the marathon world than I used to be lately.
Eternal - Victory Dance IV - KTA III - Phoenix
More on Simplici7y: Xmas I-II-III - Winter I - Narcotics - Thrudnesday
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

I was going to begin a lot of work today on the revisions and so forth, but then I realized: I've offered so many mappers so many extensions, and I know at least one or two people plan on fixing their maps on their own, that I have no idea who's done and who isn't. So I'm going to lay down the law:

All maps must be submitted by Saturday, October 16. No late submissions will be accepted, period. Please resend to me your maps, even if you didn't plan on making any revisions. That way I can make sure I have a full selection of up-to-date maps and files.

For the sake of personal organization, please make the subject of your email "Project X: [map name]". Remember that my email is bolt0064@umn.edu. I will try very hard to have Project X completed by November 1; just in time for summer... in the southern hemisphere. (Hey, at least it's summer somewhere.)
Last edited by RyokoTK on Sep 28th '10, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
CryoS
Vidmaster

the map i sent is completly done, feel free to revise it straight away.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Okay, I appreciate how many people resubmitted their maps when I asked them to. (That is to say, I appreciate Dugit.)

This is the map list that I have; if your map isn't on here, then I might have overlooked it when I went through my email -- which is why I had you resend it, but never mind:

Water Facility by ???
Fate Amenable to Change by Kurinn
Experiencing a Significant Gravitas Shortage by Kurinn
Hekate's Fiddle by Dugit
Kr'Tor by Treellama
Applesauce by CryoS
Fresh Bread and Brandy by myself

I'll do my utmost to finish everything in the next couple weeks.
treellama
Vidmaster

RyokoTK wrote:Okay, I appreciate how many people resubmitted their maps when I asked them to.
Reading is hard :(
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

Oops, I may have forgotten to send the last revision. I've been away for a bit.
If you really don't want the newer and better version, I suppose you can use the one you have, otherwise oh well?
Never got any feedback, so I have no idea what you feel about the one you have.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

I know. I'm sorry. The changes I'll make from what you sent more recently are pretty minimal. I'll do it myself.
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

RyokoTK wrote:I know. I'm sorry. The changes I'll make from what you sent more recently are pretty minimal. I'll do it myself.
If you haven't already made changes, hell even if you have, just look at this one. It's far better than the last revisions, and I'd almost be ashamed to see the previous version in its stead.

I'll upload it here, even.
[attachment=4376:fate.zip]
Attachments
fate.zip
(178.29 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
Last edited by Kurinn on Oct 23rd '10, 04:00, edited 1 time in total.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

I don't mean to be pushy or anything, but is this dead? Like I said last time, I haven't done shit to help, but I'm still looking forward to this.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Wow I've let this sit around for a year and a half? Damn.

I'll try to have this finished up by the end of the month. I have no excuse except apathy.
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV

Maybe use some of the KTA maps in this one too?
Not Invented Here
Born on Board

Well, it's still summer in the northern hemisphere.

Any possibility of this actually happening?
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

Better yet, what was this even? It's been two years, and I have no clue what the project was.