Radiance Plugin

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Aug 23rd '10, 21:29

Hopper wrote:The collection attribute is spelled "coll," not "collection."

Could have sworn I saw it used that way, and you could use either...

Normal_bloom_scale isn't what you want, but that becomes obvious once the collection attribute is fixed.
That wasn't what it was originally, I was trying different things, and that's what I left it on when I uploaded it.

...you have to fix the sprite transparency (either by using a transparent PNG/DDS, or by providing a normal_mask).

The normal_mask[s] are easy to get with ShapeFusion's "Export all bitmap masks" command, and then using Aorta to batch convert to PNG. I <3 Aorta! :P

Thanks for the help, Hopper!

Expect to see the M1A1 Extra Bloom Plugin soon!
Last edited by President People on Aug 23rd '10, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!

President People

Post Aug 24th '10, 01:38

President People wrote:Could have sworn I saw it used that way, and you could use either...

There are several MML attributes that work that way, so it's understandable. If you find it in a released scenario, I'll see if it broke somewhere along the way.

Expect to see the M1A1 Extra Bloom Plugin soon!

I'm looking forward to it! Keep up the good work!
Aleph One:  Download 1.2.1         Plugins:  Vasara  ·  more

Hopper

Post Mar 31st '11, 08:27

President People wrote:By the way, the plugin is sort of almost complete.

Pres, you still working on the Marathon 2/Infinity plugin for this? I tried your shapes out today for the first time and was impressed!

Edit: Is it really that late? Correction: I tried them out yesterday!
Last edited by Ares Ex Machina on Mar 31st '11, 08:29, edited 1 time in total.

Ares Ex Machina

Post Mar 31st '11, 21:50

Ares Ex Machina wrote:Pres, you still working on the Marathon 2/Infinity plugin for this? I tried your shapes out today for the first time and was impressed!

Probably should get back to this. :P

It hasn't been worked on for some time, because the flash drive I was using locked up, and my new one only lets me move stuff to my other computer (running classic), not take things off it. Most of my work was on that computer, so I'll probably start over.
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!

President People

Post May 21st '11, 20:13

Good news! I somehow had all the glowmaps buried in my Marathon folder. I must have transferred them from my old computer ages ago. The hardest part of the work (carving out glowmaps) was done all this time!

Now to continue the tedious work of exporting bitmaps in ShapeFusion and editing with Gimp. Then for scripting.

The plugin is now named Radiance, as the new topic name suggests.

President People

Previous

Return to Projects