Hi-Res Weps, Items, and Effects Plugin

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Nov 19th '10, 14:21

Can you please make it so that the zip file you download is the plugin itself?

Aleph One can read plugins directly from zip files, but it can't read zips-in-zips.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Nov 20th '10, 00:27

I have created a parent zip - that includes the original readme + the plugin.
-But I suppose a single .zip makes more sense.

I will just need to put a copy of the original readme in the plugin for IP/legal purposes.

Will fix it up today.

-Thanks Llama
"Beggars CAN be choosers, They just don't eat as often"

tim4i
Canberra, Australia

Post Nov 20th '10, 01:54

Aleph One will ignore any files that aren't resources or specified in Plugin.xml, so you should be able to put the README inside. Cool!

Maybe I should add some attribution attributes to Plugin.xml?

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Nov 20th '10, 03:45

The following MODs have been 'repackaged' into Plugin versions for the current version of AlephOne.

Total Texture Enhancement Packs v7.0 by Tim Vogel
-Marathon
-Marathon 2 Durandle
-Marathon Infinity

All availabel from http://www.simplici7y.com/

All 3 plugins are ready to go - just download and put the .zip in your 'Plugins' folder in AlephOne.
-If you want to read the 'Original Readme' its included in the .zip file aswell.

Enjoy.

tim4i
Canberra, Australia

Post Nov 20th '10, 09:48

durandle? Should be durandal.

goran

Post Nov 20th '10, 18:14

Durandan, Durandal, Durandana.

Ares Ex Machina

Post Dec 7th '10, 10:14

Got permission from Visciom to re-release his MODs as plugins.
-The following MODs have been 'repackaged' into Plugin versions for the current version of AlephOne.

Weapon Enhancement Pack (WEP) v1.41 by Visciom
-for Both Marathon 2 & Marathon Infinity

HDscenery v1.0 by Visciom
-for the original Marathon

All availabel from http://www.simplici7y.com/

Both plugins are ready to go - just download and put the .zip in your 'Plugins' folder in AlephOne.
-If you want to read the 'Original Readme' its included in the .zip file aswell.

Enjoy

PS - I tried Gorans Textures and Landscapes - they are great [MLaugh]

tim4i
Canberra, Australia

Post Dec 7th '10, 13:50

You can put real links in your descriptions on S7 using markdown:

[link text](http://link/location/)

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Dec 7th '10, 18:33

Or you can just use html, since it seems to let you do that no problem!

Wrkncacnter

Post Nov 10th '11, 14:00

I'm following your instructions 100%, I downloaded the plugins, put the .zip file into my plugins folder that I added into my M1A1 folder, because the part where you say to add it to the Aleph One folder isn't good, the game doesn't detect the plugins that way, so I just put the plugins folder into my M1A1 scenario folder and it detected them that way, I enabled them in-game, but the game stays the same, they're enabled and everything, so what's going on here? Everything is supposed to look alot smoother and better but the game stays the same for me (I saw a video demonstration).

Would someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Are there other settings I should be changing up?
ChrisCDThomas

Post Nov 20th '11, 00:50

Chris CD Thomas wrote:Would someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Are there other settings I should be changing up?

Are you sure you have read all of the instructions, including the original instructions? Are you sure you have the correct plugin for M1A1 and didn't mix it up with another plugin such as the one for Marathon Infinity? Do you have OpenGL set as the render?
"My advise: V" - g pack

brilliant

Post Sep 3rd '12, 11:19

Sorry for the late reply. I don't check this as often as I should.
-Not sure what your doing wrong though matey.

Checklist:

Ensure you have enabled the plug-ins
Main Menu -> Preferences ->Environments -> Plugins Button -> click each plug-in to enable.

Ensure you have OpenGL turned on (you will need a Graphics Card that supports OpenGL/CL - most do these days)
Main Menu -> Preferences -> Graphics -> OpenGL (classic?)

Make sure you have the plugins folder in the Marathon folder, as shown in the picture.

Hope this helps.
Attachments
m1.jpg
m1.jpg (229.4 KiB) Viewed 4246 times

tim4i
Canberra, Australia

Post Nov 6th '15, 02:22

I followed your directions on Simplici7y for reporting a problem.
I've encountered a few problems with HD Scenery, M1redux items, & M23redux items.

First the HD Scenery plugin, though it looks amazing I encountered a problem where the UESC Defence Drones will randomly cycle through every texture in the plugin. Second the M1redux items plugin, I found that the pistol ammo doesn't seem to be effected by this plugin and uses the old texture instead. Lastly M23redux items plugin, oddly with this plugin installed it will cause your fists to disappear when switching to melee in both M2 & 3.
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0GHz 2003 (Model: 7,2)
Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard)
7GB RAM (OWC PC-3200U-30330 DDR SDRAM 400MHz)
ATi Radeon X800 XT (GPU overclocked to 500MHz, VRAM to 550MHz)

3371-Alpha
Veldin Orbit

Post Nov 6th '15, 04:44

most of these plugins were designed for the alephone mod M1A1, not the original Marathon which today is the download on Source.bungie.org. As such, they are completely not compatible. A couple years ago M1A1 was the only way to play at least a replica of the game in alephone and was so popular it was distributed on source.bungie.org as marathon; not any more.

There is a version of Tim Vogel's highres wall texture mod for Marthon included with the source.bungie.org download, that's about it.

herecomethej2000
Ledyard, CT

Post Nov 6th '15, 06:37

So M1A1 and the "Marathon" game on alpha one's website (alephone.lhowon.org) are two different games? Because I'm using the one from their website.

Edit: oops, turns out source.bungie.org redirects to alephone.lhowon.org, they're the same site. Sorry about that, that was a stupid question.

3371-Alpha
Veldin Orbit

Post Nov 6th '15, 16:54

Ever considered recreating these plugins for the official Marathon? After trying them out I can confirm most of them work with a few minor glitches.

3371-Alpha
Veldin Orbit

Post Nov 6th '15, 22:11

For me, it would require digging into the Marathon shape file for reference, which I have never done. It's not compatible with the old Anvil tool AFIK. I don't know what tools are. That said, I really don't have the time or will, right now. You catch the community in quite a lul. Hardly anyone is contributing these days, not like it was just 5 years ago...

I'm sure treellama or hopper can let you know which program opens the Marathon shapes file so you know which collections are which numbers. Take apart a plugin and take a look at the .mml files. They are pretty easy to understand (like any other markup file). Then make the necessary corrections. With a little time, you can do it yourself easily enough.

herecomethej2000
Ledyard, CT

Post Nov 7th '15, 00:24

Understandable. I noticed hardly anyone's on anymore. Anything I could do to help?

Also no offence intended but are their any other game "replicas" I need to worry about? You guys really need to mention this stuff on Simplici7y for new users.

3371-Alpha
Veldin Orbit

Post Nov 7th '15, 02:09

There are three Marathon games: 1, 2, and Infinity. Aleph One is based on the Marathon 2 source code, and Marathon Infinity's engine differed only slightly from Marathon 2. As a result, Aleph One has had native support for Marathon 2 and Marathon Infinity content practically from the start. So there's never been a need for 'M2A1' or 'M∞A1', if that's what you're asking.

Crater Creator

Post Nov 7th '15, 02:50

Ok good! I was worried I'd have to inspect my M2 & 3 plugins as well.

3371-Alpha
Veldin Orbit

Post Nov 7th '15, 04:13

You know if M2 & 3 were alpha one from the beginning then why did the M23redux items plugin have problems if it was designed for them? It has the problem where your fists will disappear when switching to melee.

3371-Alpha
Veldin Orbit

Post Nov 27th '15, 08:52

Hello again. I've managed to get your M1-redux weapons working in the official Marathon. I hope you don't mind but to get it working I had to strip a piece of it that was causing problems, rather than fix it, since my coding skills aren't up to par. None the less, we got HD weapons in Marathon 1. Let me know if you want to take a look at it.

3371-Alpha
Veldin Orbit

Post Nov 29th '15, 17:21

3371-Alpha wrote:You know if M2 & 3 were alpha one from the beginning then why did the M23redux items plugin have problems if it was designed for them? It has the problem where your fists will disappear when switching to melee.

Since m23redux's last release in 2010, Marathon 2 and Infinity now come with different HD plugins that cover the same functionality. To keep them from interfering, when you want to use m23redux, you must disable the plugins "HD Monsters" and "HD Weapons". You can disable or enable plugins by going to Preferences > Environment > Plugins and clicking on them in the list.

FYI, creator tim4i hasn't been around since 2012, so it's unlikely he'll ever see your messages or post updates to these plugins.

Hopper

Previous

Return to Projects