Rubicon X

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Aug 9th '06, 18:15

In case anyone here doesn't know...

The Rubicon Team have released Rubicon X, an Aleph One compatible version of Marathon Rubicon.
New Features include, new hi-res textures and weapons, new maps, and a new storyline. (It's actually a new way of completing the game, not a replacement for the original Rubicon Story.)
Rubicon Website. Here it has the Rubicon X package and a link to the latest versions of Aleph One. Just download the package and put a copy of Aleph One and play.

Lugas

Post Aug 9th '06, 19:56

oh yeah, that is some scenario. A fogging transparent-texture animation 'n glowmap extravaganza..check out these screens that i took at the beginning of the game [MUp] [MUp]

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
I bring my own plasma rifle to the house of pain

Bobwithkeycard
AMS-Tower

Post Aug 10th '06, 03:33

Jeez... that IS some scenario, I hope marathon doog is still played when its released...
This is like over the top near modern fps caliber scenario!

Are there new levels?
MoppyPuppy
Lake Nebagamon, WI

Post Aug 10th '06, 03:36

bootiful textures [MUp]
Masked boy
Ontario

Post Aug 10th '06, 07:10

Ah, thats quite cool. Better get on with the download.
Yowza
witty response

Post Aug 10th '06, 09:30

Looks sexy, I'll download it for SDL if I get the chance later. (Got stuff to do.)
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Aug 10th '06, 20:47

Well... I tried it, and its a lot of more eye and brain candy than before. I higly recommend it.
Yowza
witty response

Post Aug 10th '06, 21:48

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA IT LOOKS SO AWESOME!!! MY DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE!!!R!!!!!one1111one11!!!!11!!!!!!!

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Aug 10th '06, 21:52

Its interesting the new way of compleating the game thing. Should be cool [MLaugh]
Peachey

Post Aug 11th '06, 12:17

I've noticed a couple of bugs in it. For example, "Like Home This Ain't IV", it uses Infinity Physics. Pistols only have 8 bullets and Mortars fire very slow bullets. Like the Vacuum Weapon. Also, the alien weapon fires rapid bolts. This is fixed on the level after, "Bob is Everywhere!".

Lugas

Post Aug 11th '06, 15:32

looks so friendly.... and nice
LOL

oteito
somewhere in the heavens

Post Aug 12th '06, 04:09

I downloaded it.
I am using the july 1st build.
The names for map, shapes, images, and sounds were copied directly from the script.
It claimed the "ubicon map, ubicon sounds, ubicon images and Ubicon Shapesare installed correctly"(those aren't spelling errors, its what the message said.)
I got rid of the script in charge of files.
Changed the names to "Map, shapes" etctera.
Still didn't work.
does anyone know why it isn't working?

Billy was a chemist's son.
But Billy is no more.
What Billy thought was H20,
Was H2S04.
xyfbzi

Post Aug 12th '06, 13:41

Simple. DOnt screw around with the scripts. CLund unfortunately did it the idiotic way Simon did. Fix everything the way it was, then place a plain aleph one build in the RUBICON X folder, not the RUBICON DATA folder. One mistake I'm sure not gonna make :/.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Aug 12th '06, 15:01

That's quite a silly thing to call myself and Chris Lund idiot, Shadow. But that doesn't bother me at all.
The way the "Data" folder work is dead simple, it's nothing idiotic, just confusing at first.
Some peoples make the mistake of copying their Aleph one application in the data folder instead of the
main folder. That *can* cause the problem.
FullDiaper

Post Aug 12th '06, 15:11

I would recommend anyone creating a scenario avoid Portal of Sigma / Rubicon X's approach, and just do things the normal way. It looks better, and will result in fewer questions like this on forums.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Aug 12th '06, 15:16

If that work better for peoples with the old approach then i'm 100% agree!

"Move the Aleph One app into the top level Rubicon X folder, the folder containing the Rubicon Data folder and the Scripts folder."

I think that's from BattleCat post on fileball.
FullDiaper

Post Aug 12th '06, 15:24

rubicon x is nice, with the fog and everything but it takes too long to load... maybe it's because i'm on a pc and nope, i dodn't had any problems installing it
LOL

oteito
somewhere in the heavens

Post Aug 12th '06, 21:32

I'm pretty sure it takes long ot load on every computer out there. Except Durandal :P. I've just seen a brand new macboook (not pro) lag liek hell.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Aug 13th '06, 00:47

Anyone managed to get onto the 3rd plank yet?
The only choice you have is the one I've already made for myself. Disappear into the darkness. Then make them fear the shadows.

"Real life, getting in the way of nerds since 1983"
-DcBob

SirBlastalot
Currently marooned on Earth, please assist!

Post Aug 13th '06, 06:02

Heh, third plank?

Nope, not even reaching the start of the game, is there any place that host Rubicon X files and have much faster speed than marathonrubicon.com?

assassingao

Post Aug 13th '06, 06:12

downloaded it the second it came out

there are tons of new levels (the total level count is now 83! without the net maps)

my only two complaints are minor:one the assault rilfe looks untextured (you will know what I mean), and two, the only net map that comes with it is 5 finger discount

download it first chance you get
Last edited by Homocidal Ham on Aug 13th '06, 06:14, edited 1 time in total.
"I often think about poor old bill, and how hard he was to saw."

Homocidal Ham
Behind you (mwahahaha)

Post Aug 13th '06, 07:14

Hmm...? I didnt get any texture errors on the Assault rife, just looks much smoother than the original.
Yowza
witty response

Post Aug 13th '06, 17:57

I think the problem may be on your end. Either that or their server was bogged down, cause I got a pretty fast rate.

And yes, there is a "Tycho Plank" but no-one has gotten onto it so far. Or if they have, they aren't telling.
The only choice you have is the one I've already made for myself. Disappear into the darkness. Then make them fear the shadows.

"Real life, getting in the way of nerds since 1983"
-DcBob

SirBlastalot
Currently marooned on Earth, please assist!

Post Aug 13th '06, 18:04

Homocidal Ham wrote:downloaded it the second it came out

there are tons of new levels (the total level count is now 83! without the net maps)

my only two complaints are minor:one the assault rilfe looks untextured (you will know what I mean), and two, the only net map that comes with it is 5 finger discount

download it first chance you get

and when you fire, instead of the ultra class pistol, by a milisecond you can see the mega class pistol
LOL

oteito
somewhere in the heavens

Post Aug 13th '06, 20:59

That was in the old version too.
Last edited by Yowza on Aug 13th '06, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.
Yowza
witty response

Next

Return to Projects