Marathon:4 Pathways into Time

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Jun 2nd '12, 16:18

I am pleased to announce that I have just updated our photobucket album. I would also like to say that we have finally finished work on the guns, so what you guys see is what you get. So, now its on to monsters, doing more textures, and stuff like that. I would also like to say that I have lost my internet, so now I have to update at my local library so if I do not comment on some things that's why. So I guess now on to some more serious things like starting work on story, textures, and stuff. So, anyway, we hope you like the stuff we have uploaded and we are looking foward to uploading more. so here is the link to my photoucket album http://s1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg640/Lolman1171/

jojo
U.S.S.R. Valdamier

Post Jun 3rd '12, 01:25

Good to know that it's still being worked on.

Thanks for the update.
listener

Post Jun 3rd '12, 19:00

Is the headless type 3 a joke?

THINGS BAD ABOUT THIS IDEA:

1 - It has a head.
2 - The description says not much is known about it, but immediately rambles on about how nazis created it in a lab, using the "pfhor" pun to make me take this thing even less seriously. If we're not supposed to know much about it, don't follow up this statement with a spoilerific infodump.
3 - the album name is "Lolman1171."
4 - Nazis gave it a mechanical tail? Is this the wolfenstein 3D universe where Hitler has a robotic walker and a scientist that created zombies with purple blood? No, it isn't? Nazis didn't have this technology. They walked around and shot at stuff, and gassed people because Hitler was a sick freak. Every one of them that went into the w'rcncacncter's pyramid died.
5. No.
6. See 5.
7. Don't put this in the scenario. Just don't. Plzthnxbai.
Last edited by VikingBoyBilly on Jun 3rd '12, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
VikingBoyBilly

Post Jun 3rd '12, 19:11

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Is the headless type 3 a joke?

Maybe it's a joke. Maybe the lack of capitalization for proper nouns is a joke (Germans, Nazis). Maybe the real question we should be asking is: Will we be able to ride the headless type 3? Will we be able to ride every enemy we come across?!
Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

philtron

Post Jun 3rd '12, 23:30

This really irritates me. If you're going to fake science, then make it science-fantasy, not bad science-fiction. Take it like this: things like Star Trek are science-fiction. They actually give factual insights to how their universe works. Things like Star Wars, however, are science-fantasy. They don't give factual insight (unless you read the expanded universe material or whatever). Cool, a lightsaber. Is it actually possible? Who cares. It's awesome.

Now, we come to this image, which occupies a gray zone of complete shittiness. If you're going to give some degree of scientific insight, at least make that insight correct. Aside from the spelling and grammar issues, this really ticks me off:

"The [pointlessly-long-name] shoots hydrogen metal that is heated into shards that are shot at 7,000 feet per second."

Hydrogen metal. That's a non-trivial error. Hydrogen exists as a solid only at extremely low temperatures, and only as a metal if you couple that with extremely high pressures. Heating the damn thing will just remove the option of it being a solid altogether. Is this a flamethrower or something? Because it most certainly isn't a rail-gun.

Now, consider the fact that you're using hydrogen anyway. Hydrogen is light. Really, really light. If you want to give an object a good momentum, then fire something heavy. Like depleted uranium. At least that stuff isn't a gas.

At least you took the time to read the Wikipedia article on rail-guns and the speed at which the projectile is fired at (but not that the particle itself isn't heated - it uses electromagnetism).

Keep on truckin', tiger. I know you'll get there soon. The Armalite doesn't actually look too bad.

Also: 'criticied'.

Please fix this. Please fix all of this.
Last edited by Dugit on Jun 3rd '12, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jun 3rd '12, 23:38

Sorry for the double post, but I only just saw this image.

"Shoots binary code".

Is this a joke? Because it's pretty damn funny.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jun 4th '12, 00:52

[attachment=5655:lolman.jpg]

[attachment=5656:occultro...ofnazism.jpg]
Attachments
occultrootsofnazism.jpg
occultrootsofnazism.jpg (44.68 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
lolman.jpg
lolman.jpg (17.47 KiB) Viewed 3449 times
patrick
末法

Post Jun 4th '12, 01:26

I would also like to say that we have finally finished work on the guns, so what you guys see is what you get

Maybe a second look?

Maybe with Dugit back on, there will be two active scenarios going?
listener

Post Jul 13th '12, 18:56

Hi, my name is Magnus Prime, and I am the artist for marathon:4, which is awesome since I steadily been have been getting better at drawing. which is better for your eye balls since at the start of development it looked like crap. Other than that, I guess hi and bye.

Magnus_Prime

Post Jul 13th '12, 18:57

I am pleased to announce that we have just updated our photobucket album. Yes, I know that I start off with the same thing every time, but the best thing about this time is we are giving all the power to the marathon community! We have made a new batch of guns, only this time there is 2 designs of each gun, meaning that you guys vote on which designs go on to be in the game! Also, we have labeled each gun with a class indicator in the bottom right hand corner of each gun, there will be a category. Currently there is only 3 categorys; SMG, Assault Rifle, and Pistol. So go ahead and start voting, oh, yeah, and I hope you actually like our guns this time.

http://s1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg640/Lolman1171/

jojo
U.S.S.R. Valdamier

Post Jul 13th '12, 19:09

Of all the weapons, I like the M-4AOH231 for an SMG. The M-4TT428 is also a pretty cool design for an assault rifle. I don't really care for any of the other designs.

When will there be more textures?
Youtube Channel:Crosstroop3r // Traxus Wiki User Page: Crosstrooper
My Marathon uploads: Destiny

Destiny
USA

Post Jul 13th '12, 19:18

Destiny wrote:Of all the weapons, I like the M-4AOH231 for an SMG. The M-4TT428 is also a pretty cool design for an assault rifle. I don't really care for any of the other designs.

When will there be more textures?

Well I don't know for sure but we should have more at least by the end of the month.

jojo
U.S.S.R. Valdamier

Post Aug 14th '12, 14:43

Since no one would vote on gun designs, we voted. We think the picks we made are fantastic, we would like to see what you think. Anyway, we also have a new updated title screen and some other stuff. We should be able to start back on textures soon. Oh, yeah, and this time the guns you see is the guns you get. No more redesigns, no more rethinking, its time. Marathon 4 moves on, and, we think that after you see the new guns, you will agree. Well, at least we would like you guys to like the guns, but we shall see.

http://s1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg640/Lolman1171/

jojo
U.S.S.R. Valdamier

Post Aug 14th '12, 15:34

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:the guns you see is the guns you get

Maybe when they are turned into in-hand and item sprites. But for now, sketches are just sketches. :p

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Aug 14th '12, 19:45

Wait, I voted!! Also, SVP-249 looks awesome. Glad someone is making a new pistol without a scope.
Youtube Channel:Crosstroop3r // Traxus Wiki User Page: Crosstrooper
My Marathon uploads: Destiny

Destiny
USA

Post Aug 14th '12, 22:32

Destiny wrote:Wait, I voted!! Also, SVP-249 looks awesome. Glad someone is making a new pistol without a scope.

Yeah, you voted no one else though. So, that is why we just made a new batch of guns. Oh, yeah, and these guns was made in collaboration between me and my artist Magnus Prime, he is my brother. Oh, yeah, and I like the SVP-249 as well one of my faves.
Last edited by jojo on Aug 14th '12, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.

jojo
U.S.S.R. Valdamier

Post Aug 15th '12, 01:50

'3d0" logo says it all

DICKBAGS
0talent
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Aug 15th '12, 06:58

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:QUOTE(The (UESC) Master Chief (:)Ok, look, I don't care what you say.

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:QUOTE(The (UESC) Master Chief (: @ July 18 1925)[attachment=5717:teflonchief.jpg]

B.M.F. {bitte mein führer}

i think i'm heydrich
one solution
nazi rewrite
absolution
no maps
title screen
anybody want to join my mararteam

i think i'm heydrich
one solution
pathways plotline
prostitution
no maps
title screen

all textures higher def, i got those extra bits
racism called out, like i give a shit
ein volk, that's my screenname
third reich jackbootin up my mainframe

irons made, i appropriated
he built it ground up, i had it swastikated
postin all the chatlogs, his prahblums illustrated
sucka claimin the same game i'm anschluÃ?urbatin

hold the knives up, where the brownshirts at
feelin randy, where my beehives at
unh, i got that aryan pride
and it's so white i'm gonna take it worldwide

RE PETE

CORE US

these motherfuckers mad i'm a nazi
lol so hard til mossad extradite me
i think i'm eichmann, trollin down the courtroom
they'll never find me, never leave my bedroom

look at yourself irons, now look at me
jfo nigga, i took whats yours fo free
look at it this way, you hosted one way
postgame carnage report nigga: my theft pays

so fuck a kleek nigga, i'm new school
you went to coolege nigga, i'm home schooled
this for my leet krew, this for my chosen few:
updated my site with a render of a dead jew

i think i'm heydrich
one solution
nazi rewrite
absolution
no maps
title screen

i think i'm heydrich
one solution
pathways plotline
prostitution
no maps
title screen

[attachment=5716:marakampf.png]
[/b]
Attachments
teflonchief.jpg
teflonchief.jpg (28.54 KiB) Viewed 3449 times
marakampf.png
marakampf.png (356.08 KiB) Viewed 3449 times
Last edited by patrick on Feb 4th '14, 09:18, edited 2 times in total.
patrick
末法

Post Aug 17th '12, 14:04

irons wrote:'3d0" logo says it all

DICKBAGS
0talent

Ok, that's alright. We decided to change the name anyway. We have have just updated again with a full look of the Russian and the new name, and I know you all love this: a new marathon 4 title screen.

Magnus_Prime

Post Aug 17th '12, 14:11

Magnus_Prime wrote:Ok, that's alright. We decided to change the name anyway. We have have just updated again with a full look of the Russian and the new name, and I know you all love this: a new marathon 4 title screen.

Yes like my brother said its time for a new update Oh yeah and i would like to officially dub our um corporation as no other than.

Last edited by jojo on Aug 17th '12, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.

jojo
U.S.S.R. Valdamier

Post Aug 17th '12, 14:27

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:Yes like my brother said its time for a new update Oh yeah and i would like to officially dub our um corporation as no other than.

Nice. Looks like you spelled it "Entertanment" and then realized you forgot a letter after the fact.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Aug 17th '12, 14:29

RyokoTK wrote:Nice. Looks like you spelled it "Entertanment" and then realized you forgot a letter after the fact.

No, it was tactical so it fit's together perfectly.

jojo
U.S.S.R. Valdamier

Post Aug 17th '12, 15:00

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:No, it was tactical so it fit's together perfectly.

OK since we need to get M-4 to rolling ill ask for some helpers OK here is what help I need I need a

Serious LUA scripter because I am useless at coding with any scripting language, I need a Spriter for enemies, I can handle textures, just not enemies, and I need a music composer, I have a sound composer Durandal 347.

If I get help with the stuff on this list, then we could do some actual stuff. New textures, maybe some sounds and sprites, and I could finally get to work on new physics for the game. Oh, and so every body knows that I am not giving all my work away, I will be doing physics, textures, story, terminals, and some maps, mostly net maps, and I am also going to be voicing for the game.

jojo
U.S.S.R. Valdamier

PreviousNext

Return to Projects