Banefire Physics

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post May 29th '11, 02:50

As you can see, i've completed (or at least mostly debugged) the physics I started working on in this thread, and I've posted it here for anyone to download and test. I'm putting it here instead of S7 because I'm still considering making changes to it; it's not a finished product. I still, however, need playtesters and other people to help me finalize it. If anyone wants to, I would be happy to (help) build physics for a scenario or other project.

Notes: the alien weapon and flamethrower both charge to use a (stronger) attack- very important.
Attachments
Banefire.zip
(3.14 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
AttilaGeek

Post Jun 1st '11, 06:39

I liked some of the weapons, such as the shotguns, assault rifle, and smg. The flamethrower was really glitchy, as well as the fusion pistol. Also, I didn't like how the fusion bolts that came out of the SPNKR could cause damage to myself when shot off at short range. The fusion bolts in the original did not cause damage to the player (unless underwater), so I was not used to taking damage from a fusion bolt.
"My advise: V" - g pack

brilliant

Post Jun 1st '11, 10:58

Thanks!

brilliant wrote:The flamethrower was really glitchy, as well as the fusion pistol

The fusion pistol is one weapon i've been having trouble with; i've tried almost everything and it's ony marginally better.

Also, I didn't like how the fusion bolts that came out of the SPNKR could cause damage to myself when shot off at short range.

Oh, okay. Those are actually rockets (they behave just like regular SPNKR missiles) that just happen to look like fusion bolts, i.e. they don't do fusion damage, nor do they hurt you underwater. Should I change the way they look, do you think?

Again, thank you very much for all the feedback!
AttilaGeek

Post Jun 1st '11, 16:40

I think the look of the fusion bolts coming out of the SPNKR are decent. But that's just my opinion, maybe try to get other opinions! Pretty good physics overall.

brilliant

Post Jun 2nd '11, 02:45

brilliant wrote:The flamethrower was really glitchy

Actually, could you describe to me exactly how the flamethrower was glitchy? it's been working fine for me, maybe if it's not just you I can fix it for the next version.
AttilaGeek

Post Jun 2nd '11, 05:32

After charging the flamethrower, and letting go, the shot would glitch. The frames would freeze for a second.

brilliant

Post Jun 2nd '11, 10:52

brilliant wrote:After charging the flamethrower, and letting go, the shot would glitch. The frames would freeze for a second.

Yeah, that happens sometimes. I set the contrail to be grenade explosion because it looks really, really awesome when it works, but maybe I should change it to something that doesn't want to animate an absurd number of shapes at once.
AttilaGeek

Return to Projects