-=/Dieselfame3's Sketchbook\=-

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Sep 21st '06, 00:39

after long debate, I have decided to scrap Starship Marathon, in order to do a different project. This will be something totly unrelated to marathon, but will use the aleph one engine. basically im going to put drawings from my sketchbook into the game. using simple color schemes (as simple as the enemies in PID anyway) I will put my work into the game. this way of work will allow the scenario to come out quite quickly (i draw faster than an indy race car) and with good quality. the scenario will have a simple story to it, something like you are a normal person that got sucked into a sketchbook that you were looking at, and you have to battle you wy through the pages doing simple tasks to get free. now the fun part is that i can easily put in anything you want into the game, all i need is a simple sketch or pic, and i can figgure out its movement and put it down on paper then scan it into anvil. i will put in some of my own sketches but you can deffinately put in some ideas of your own. since the ability to put up artwork is currentally broke on this site, you can email me sketches or give them to me via AIM/iChat/Adium @ Dieselfame3. my email is marathonuesc@mac.com. I havent come up with a title for the scenario so you guys can help me with this too. sorry if you had your hopes up for Starship Marathon, maybe sometime in the future i will get back to work on it. ill put up some sketches soon.
Dieselfame3

Post Sep 21st '06, 00:48

OoOooOOoOoOoOooO this is going to be sooooooo cool!
Can't wait to see this! <3
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind"
Marathon Iregulars Member
Alice
St.louis

Post Sep 21st '06, 01:00

nice idea..i remember your sketches being quite the jaw droppers

hey, any chance you'll put up some of your starship troopers stuff on the Orphanage? [MSmile]
I bring my own plasma rifle to the house of pain

Bobwithkeycard
AMS-Tower

Post Sep 21st '06, 01:03

HAHAHA...You should put TorsoKitty, Frank, and Dead Fish in...I'll submit some sketches in a little while.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Sep 21st '06, 01:21

marathon projects could be also be out in other engines though.. like quake or unreal tournament.

or half life, wich is also easy to work with. so easy that i have started on a project w/ half life
LOL

oteito
somewhere in the heavens

Post Sep 21st '06, 01:58

hmm maybe we could put marathon on the pong engine?????? lol ill try to put up the Starship marathon stuff on orfanage soon.
Dieselfame3

Post Sep 21st '06, 19:43

heh, good one.
Thanks for puttin' up the stuff on the orphanage some time in the future.
Also I hope you won't abandon the Marathon engine, cause then there really wouldn't be any connection between your TC and the Aleph world...apart form excessive blast the ventcore comments you might leave in secret areas maybe..
Last edited by Bobwithkeycard on Sep 21st '06, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
I bring my own plasma rifle to the house of pain

Bobwithkeycard
AMS-Tower

Post Sep 21st '06, 20:33

Dieselfame3, is it a sketch book like this?

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/forums/index.php...y&cmd=sc&cat=19

LOL.

It's a upcoming game, currently in making by Ambrosia software.

Why don't you just draw a picture of some horrifying monster? Maybe like behemoth, dragons or something.

Or maybe a second thought, what about those zergs from starcraft?

I can't wait to get the thrill of being hit by zerglings and being spit on by a Hydralisk.

(Since I'm not that rich to buy Starcraft Ghost and it's platform.)

assassingao

Post Sep 21st '06, 20:48

but better graphics also make up for a good game, it would be considered as the "next step of marathonic evolution". besides, resurection's graphics aren't that good,, that's why i started my own project, so far so good, but since is only me, the advance is rather slow.
LOL

oteito
somewhere in the heavens

Post Sep 21st '06, 22:41

y-
you should check out kingdom of loathing

(kingdomofloathing.com)
its like literacy with funny!

make your game with this sketch abilities!
shongshong.vze.com (main site)
[Flickr page] (subdivision of renderings)
Marathon Squadron

shongshong
right here

Post Sep 23rd '06, 00:30

The sketchfighter game looks surprisingly like marathon map-veiw.

This looks like it'll be fun to play, as long as there is plenty of content.

Btw, I really hoped that you would finish SSM, because it looked so awesome.
Last edited by Phsyco_kid on Sep 23rd '06, 02:18, edited 1 time in total.
If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

"The next chapter finds Rambo recruited by a group of Christian human rights missionaries to protect them against pirates..."
-IMDB.com

"I didn't mean to kill nobody, I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord."
-R.L. Burnside

Phsyco_kid

Post Sep 23rd '06, 01:25

yah, ye built up alot of hype to that game, it would suck to scrap it now, (after some work done on it)
shongshong.vze.com (main site)
[Flickr page] (subdivision of renderings)
Marathon Squadron

shongshong
right here

Post Sep 23rd '06, 05:16

i still got all the work on it, i just want to see if this experment works, ill do a few test levels and if it works out then ill leave it at that, and head back to SM,if the scketchbook works out like i think it will then ill easily be able to draw the frames for sm and color them in ps and fix em up a bit, it just got really tiring to draw the monsters from scrap in ps, if i draw out the frame and general features on paper and put them on the computer its alot easier to work with. sides when i get back to work on sm, i will really need help making it, i know for a fact that if i work on it alone, it will take years to make
Last edited by Dieselfame3 on Sep 23rd '06, 05:18, edited 1 time in total.
Dieselfame3

Post Sep 23rd '06, 13:12

I make a lot of sketches, here's my DevArt, if you want some just say so

http://t1b0.deviantart.com/
Last edited by Tybo on Sep 23rd '06, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
MY DEVIANTART
(My devArt is outdated)
http://www.myspace.com/t__bo

Tybo
Vulcan

Post Sep 27th '06, 05:08

your stuff is cool but im not sure its the kind of stuff that i want, ill have a couple rough sketches up by friday or so.
Dieselfame3

Post Oct 5th '06, 03:41

i am having trouble with my scanner right now, if i cant get it fied i will have to resort to using my frame animator camera, on the side i still like to do promotional stuff for tc's heres something i did in photohop yesterday in under a hour.IPB Image so far i got 1 frame of every gun (the frame where you are not firing [walking frame]) and once i fix this dam scanner i will have them up for u to view
Dieselfame3

Post Oct 9th '06, 04:11

finialy after much bickering with other marathoners i will yet again continue on my work with SM. aka sketchbook scenario is dead >:P
Dieselfame3

Return to Projects