YugePax

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.

Re: YugePax

Post Apr 20th '17, 09:16

Ah, I'll get rid of the door then.

Oh, and are fluids possible? I haven't done anything to use them, just curious. I imagine light dependent media would be an issue.

General Tacticus

Post Apr 20th '17, 15:38

Liquids are already supported, including the tide light.

Other things I still want to make work:
* Teleporters within a yugepart
* Platform triggers (I noticed you had this in one of your maps)
* Platform switches (Using an annotation)
* Rechargers (using an annotation)

Also, you can add powerups (but not regular ammo). If you want to designate an area to spawn regular ammo, assign it as an item trigger. Don't go too nuts with this, as there will already be plenty of places with ammo by default.

If you want a switch or recharger, just draw out the area with the switch, and add an annotation to the polygon. "R" for recharger and "S_30" for a platform switch, where 30 is the polygon index of the platform. I don't want rechargers everywhere, so I'll probably set a max of 1 or 2 on each map, and delete any extras. I think adding an energy can is probably better than a recharger in most cases.

Wrkncacnter

Post Apr 22nd '17, 02:26

Apparently Forge does weird things with maps that I don't understand, so for anyone mapping, please use Weland. I could probably figure it out if I absolutely have to, but I'd think people would want to use Weland anyway.

Wrkncacnter

Post Apr 22nd '17, 03:56

Wrkncacnter wrote:Apparently Forge does weird things with maps that I don't understand, so for anyone mapping, please use Weland. I could probably figure it out if I absolutely have to, but I'd think people would want to use Weland anyway.

WELL!.jpg
WELL!.jpg (25.9 KiB) Viewed 123 times

Windbreaker
South Park, CO

Previous

Return to Mapping