Any good?

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.

Post Aug 11th '12, 02:45

Haven't been here in ages...

Anyways, I decided to try to make a map so I came up with this. Hopefully it is an improvement from my past.

[attachment=5698:Club_Now...cea.sceA.zip]
Attachments
Club_Nowhere.scea.sceA.zip
(30.24 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

BoBsBrother
Kearney, Nebraska

Post Aug 11th '12, 02:51

Screenshots where?
Last edited by interion on Aug 11th '12, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

interion

Post Aug 11th '12, 02:59

we don't see much airsoft enthusiasm here
wb bobsbrother
mybrother practicaly
pm me and we can talk airsoft
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Aug 11th '12, 12:39

irons wrote:we don't see much airsoft enthusiasm here
wb bobsbrother
mybrother practicaly

What do you mean in the 2nd and 3rd lines?
Last edited by BoBsBrother on Aug 11th '12, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.

BoBsBrother
Kearney, Nebraska

Post Aug 11th '12, 14:28

bpbsbrother sry my pm center is broken or
else i cud reply mainly i meant
were brothers in airsoft enthusiasm
acheving unity b/c we like harmless but fun wepons
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Aug 11th '12, 14:33

You are really ruining my optimal viewing experience of www dot the pfhorums [sic] dot com.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Aug 11th '12, 16:11

irons wrote:bpbsbrother sry my pm center is broken or
else i cud reply mainly i meant
were brothers in airsoft enthusiasm
acheving unity b/c we like harmless but fun wepons

Oh ok. Lol, can be harmful though. I was at a game and someone shot a guy's tooth out.

RyokoTK wrote:You are really ruining my optimal viewing experience of www dot the pfhorums [sic] dot com.

Me or him?

BoBsBrother
Kearney, Nebraska

Post Aug 11th '12, 17:12

Why is it called Club Nowhere.sceA.sceA? Needs one less .sceA.
VikingBoyBilly

Post Aug 11th '12, 18:24

who r u 2 criticise art

irons
(.Y.)

Post Aug 11th '12, 18:28

The pattern of the lights on the floor is kind of cool. The map is way too open though, the entire center of the map is just dead space that the player doesn't really have a reason to pass through. There are really only two ways the player will move through this map; in a clockwise circle and in a counter clockwise circle. Dividing the map or at least the outer ring into more distinct areas, and decreasing the size of the middle "arena" would make the map a lot better.

$lave

Post Aug 11th '12, 18:43

$lave wrote:The pattern of the lights on the floor is kind of cool. The map is way too open though, the entire center of the map is just dead space that the player doesn't really have a reason to pass through. There are really only two ways the player will move through this map; in a clockwise circle and in a counter clockwise circle. Dividing the map or at least the outer ring into more distinct areas, and decreasing the size of the middle "arena" would make the map a lot better.

I can see your point entirely but there isn't much of a way to divide it without it looking bad. I've seen plenty of other maps with open space that work just fine. I guess it would be good to see how it is actually played in a netgame. Only problem is, my hosting abilities suck.

BoBsBrother
Kearney, Nebraska

Post Aug 11th '12, 19:05

BoBsBrother wrote:
irons wrote:we don't see much airsoft enthusiasm here
wb bobsbrother
mybrother practicaly

What do you mean in the 2nd and 3rd lines?

Didn't you know? His full name is Bob Irons.

President People

Post Aug 11th '12, 21:37

Here's an idea to entice people out into the open area. Try putting most of the heavier weapons and the ammo out in the open area. That will force people to leave the safety of the outer circle, because they can't get ammo otherwise. At least not ammo for useful weapons like the SMG, SPNKr, Shotguns, etc. Just a thought.

Cheers,
Perseus
Powerful experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave.

PerseusSpartacus
Somewhere in the 19th Century...

Post Aug 11th '12, 22:06

BoBsBrother wrote:I can see your point entirely but there isn't much of a way to divide it without it looking bad.

Don't worry, it already looks bad.

Arena maps in general are so creatively bankrupt already that you trying to salvage this one won't help. Scrub it and try to make something more unique. Or, at least, more complex. There is nothing meaningful to say about one room arena maps.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Aug 12th '12, 11:43

You have to grenade hop to get into the lava pool and grenade hop to get out of it. Lol.
VikingBoyBilly

Return to Mapping