Paradise Lost XVI

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.

Paradise Lost XVI

Post Aug 5th '07, 00:11

Version XVI is on Simplici7y.
Last edited by RyokoTK on Feb 16th '15, 15:59, edited 2 times in total.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Aug 5th '07, 00:12

Map 01: The Downfall of Paradise
This map is a sprawling garden that has fallen to ruin. Especially fun for KOTH, but EMFH is good too. Large size; I recommend 4-6 players.

Last edited by RyokoTK on Aug 5th '07, 00:13, edited 1 time in total.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Aug 5th '07, 00:14

Map 02. Oculus ex Inferni
An earthquake has struck a loading dock in a spaceport, causing sections to collapse. EMFH is fun here; KOTH might be, too, but I haven't tested it. Small size; I recommend 3-4 players.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Aug 6th '07, 22:37

Minor bump, but in any case, good luck with the pack! Glad to see that you're starting another pack, and creating more multiplayer levels. I'm sure all of the future maps will be awesome as well. :)

RyokoTK wrote:Rather than trying to revolutionize anything or bring anything "new" to the table, I just want the maps to be fun and look cool.

Kinda like what I was doing with Sovereignty? [MWuh]

Windbreaker
South Park, CO

Post Aug 6th '07, 22:49

I'm sure all of the future maps will be awesome as well. :)

It's not like all of my past maps are awesome, but thanks for the encouragement.

I'm fiddling around with a third one right now, but I have my doubts about it. We'll have to see.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Sep 25th '07, 01:19

Map 03: The Serpent's Kiss
This distant pumping station now forms a slightly crowded, but suitable, battlefield. EMFH is pretty fun here for 3-4 people, but it is fairly small and the layout is a little... advanced. Still good though.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Sep 25th '07, 03:09

Love the pack! Downfall of Paradise is my favourite, although they're all great, I got a bit lost once dueling with Thoas on Serpent's kiss though :P.

$lave

Post Sep 25th '07, 11:27

Keep running with this concept Ryoko, it's great. It's true that this pack is much more artistically oriented than past efforts. Although Red Spectrum looked good already, PL reminds me of Revel with a unique style. Edition 1 is very brief, but one is left wanting more. I suppose that would be my only real complaint, that there simply isn't enough yet. However, that's not a problem that reflects itself on the quality of the maps, because they are excellent.

Oculus is small, ideal for 4 players. I don't know if KOTH would be that great, but EMFH is very enjoyable. There are plenty of places to duck and run if you're running low on health, and you always seem to be fully equipped to fight within a few seconds of respawning

Serpent's Kiss is probably better for 4-5, as the side halls and routes have a tendency to hide a player or two at a given time. Takes a game or two to really get the hang of moving around. I haven't had a chance to play a complete game on it yet, so I'm not sure exactly how it would work in practice. Jjaro ship textures are pretty to look at on this map.

Downfall of Paradise is a map that really shows off small details. It's easy to tell that quite a bit of time went into designing the little ridges that serve as staircases to drop in on the Hill. Ideal for 5-6, but could probably do 8 without too much trouble

Like it so far, TK. 8.5/10
Last edited by localwarming on Sep 25th '07, 11:28, edited 1 time in total.
localwarming

Post Oct 3rd '07, 18:27

Map 04: Darkest Insurrection
An indoor plaza becomes a shooting gallery. Small map; dueling would work, but you could probably squeeze in as many as 4 people. There are no rockets on this map, just the SMG, AR, and Alien Gun.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Oct 3rd '07, 18:53

YAY! another 1! it seems great but, is the SMG, AR and alien the ONLY wpons?
it seems that way, but i cant understand why...
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Oct 3rd '07, 18:58

Yes, SMG/AG/AR are the only weapons. It's a personal decision I made, based on the size of the map and the fact that there aren't many maps like that.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Oct 3rd '07, 20:28

RyokoTK wrote:Yes, SMG/AG/AR are the only weapons. It's a personal decision I made, based on the size of the map and the fact that there aren't many maps like that.

It isn't a bad setup, I like that kind of mix.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Oct 3rd '07, 20:32

Ok, i dont have a problem with it, nice, nice...
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Oct 3rd '07, 21:16

This newest map is amazing!! I just love the weapon balance and the architecture of the overall level. Nicely done!
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.

The Thug

Post Oct 3rd '07, 22:26

Am I a complete idiot for not knowing where the new version is? I checked Simplici7y and the map count it still 3.
localwarming

Post Oct 3rd '07, 22:27

No, there's no new version yet. You can grab Darkest Insurrection from the first post, it's an attachment.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Oct 3rd '07, 23:09

Ah, there it is. Looks good to me.
localwarming

Post Oct 6th '07, 01:21

Please fix the textures.

[attachment=992:texture.jpg]
Attachments
texture.jpg
texture.jpg (133.43 KiB) Viewed 3765 times
shawn(at)fsu: My nephew wants to start doing game modding ...
hux: If he likes Halo, try modding for Marathon, the older Bungie fps game.
interkin3tic: Noooo!!! I did that in high school and look where I am now: SLASHDOT!!!
W: it's long and obnoxious, i like it

Sam Lowry
Adelaide Australia

Post Oct 6th '07, 03:07

Hux, I already know about that. You personally told me that yesterday.

Thanks for the bump though, I guess.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Oct 9th '07, 23:07

Map 05: SCB
This Pfhor station has been captured by the UESC and now serves as a training ground for new recruits. This is a rather large map with a variety of powerful weapons.

Last edited by RyokoTK on Oct 24th '07, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Oct 9th '07, 23:09

I would say I love you, but that would be taken the wrong way.

THANK YOU!!!!
Hope you keep working on more! [MUp]
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy

Post Oct 10th '07, 22:32

It is my personal opinion that Sweet Collapsing Black is a great map! And I don't say that about my own stuff that often. So if you don't have PL v2 yet, get it now! [spnkr]

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Oct 10th '07, 22:59

Great map Ryoko, although that really fast moving pillar confused me, did you just use fast verticle slide for it, or is it really a never ending platform? Of course, if it's some magical secret you would rather keep to yourself, I understand.

$lave

Post Oct 10th '07, 23:03

It's a trade secret!

Actually it's just a platform. It moves quickly and has no delay, and the min/max heights are both higher than the surrounding ceilings so you can't board it. It's just there to make the platform sound, but for some reason you can only hear it from one of those pillars.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Oct 11th '07, 02:53

*smacks forehead*

I can't believe I didn't thnk of that.. I guess just because I only really ever noticed it going down, I assumed it was a permanent downward vertical slide.

$lave

Next

Return to Mapping